Toulouse

moorside roughyed

The impending arrival of our French rugby leaguers isn't one I'm looking forward to.As ever I'll be shouting, screaming or whatever it takes. But it's a game I'm dreading, with injuries, lack of confidence or belief must be an issue.Can we raise a team?.I don't know what to think or say of our current predicament. Truly at a loss now.Does anyone feel the same?.:shout:Feel like screaming.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chewy came over to chat to fans after the game, he simply said stick with us. 

He didn't have to say anything at all, so that's exactly what I'll do, keep going shouting for everything and get behind them. I just don't want that bloke back that played centre for us back in the famous hoops yesterday. 

However frustrated anyone feels about the situation we have found ourselves to be in at this stage of the season, the last thing the players and coaching staff need right now, is negativity from the fans. The best way forward must surely be, to fully support them over the next few weeks and give them the confidence with 'the job at hand'. That's all we can do.

The vocal support recently has been immense,same again Sunday hopefully. 

As for the game,well hopefully some good news this week on the injuries would certainly be a boost. Whatever happens we must remember that we are having to play a busted team at the moment and the lads are trying even though they ain't 100% fit. As long as they continue to give us everything then at the moment we can't ask for anything else. Bit of a waiting game I'm afraid this week to see who is available for another crucial home game,Toulouse don't seem to travel all that well,our continued support could just make the difference,should certainly be a partisan home crowd. Be a massive fillip if we can pull this one off. Fingers,toes and everything crossed.

In terms of a team we can put one out for sure, injuries excluded to a point.  Nield,Clay,Pearce-Paul,Adamson,Chisholm,Sam Wood (if available),Hewitt. Burke,Gee,Neal,Langtree,Bent, Thompson. Subs. Hughes,Adebiyi,Ward(hopefully),Davies. 

Bit mix and match but a side nonetheless. Hopefully some of the injured lads will be ok to come back in. Especially Tyson,we missed his defence and aggression badly on Sunday.

We are back from holiday weekend after missing a few games and will shouting as loud as ever, next season we will be there even though we are getting old regardless of the division , ground , coach , owner efc my love with Oldham will never die .

And the end of the day we are all in this together,we win together,we lose together,the lads try their hearts out for us. We need to turn up in numbers and get behind the lads with our superb vocal support. When I hear that chant, Oldham, Oldham, Oldham it makes me proud to be a roughyed. I'll be there Sunday singing my heart out. Our players need us Sunday. Believe me it could make all the difference. Up the yeds!

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Toulouse aren't the same team without James Ford. Their recent downturn has coincided with his absence through injury.

He beat us more or less on his own at Spotland.

3 hours ago, wayne_r said:

They are beatable - so good luck from a Swinton fan..........

Cheers boys.Our boys will give it a good go I'm sure.

I will be there cheering the team on as usual but I know a lot of long standing supporters who wont be they have had enough and a couple of these have in the past sponsored a lot of games. I don't know if any of you noticed how many people where in the bar after the hkr  and Halifax matches there was more bar staff and our  crowd behind the sticks at the bar end as diminished.ch wants us to get behind the team and we do I never hear fans calling the team they call ch and the coach fact the information we get in the chron. is pathetic we don't even know the team until we are at the match because we have so many injuries 5 new players quick or relegation.

Oh well,hopefully the long standing fans who have had enough will miss a Yeds victory come Sunday ?. If they feel that way then fine,rather have them not going than being negative. Even if we lost every game and those lads continue to play busted,I wouldn't desert them,we all have a moan about the chairman and coach,but the lads deserve every fans respect for continuing to fight our cause.No matter what issues people are fed up with the players are doing their best and I find it pretty disrespectful that people have "had enough" when we are still fighting for our place in the championship. We all have our gripes about what could/should be done better. The Chairman for all his faults still manages to get an Oldham team out on the pitch every week on very little money. Some people seem to think we should go out and sign players like Hull KR can,it's never going to happen. As a rough estimate Oldham get around £150,000 a season in gate money,Hull KR get over £1.5 million! Huge disparity in the scheme of things between the haves and have nots in this division. We do well on the money we have available.

The communication lines from the club to the fans has got pounds better thanks to Dave Naylor and the Chron by the venerable Mr Halstead,but they can only report what the club release to them and I agree that is poor,the Chappell situation is a prime example.

Everyone in the ground will be behind the lads 100% on Sunday, do we really care how many people are in the bar for crying out loud,we don't make no money out of it! Glad you will be there on Sunday Tandle, hope you will see a victory!BTW not having a go at you in this post,or anyone else for that matter. I just have a bit of a siege mentality at the minute!

Lets get the faithful few rocking BF on Sunday. We can do this.

I just thought.  If Toulouse don't finish in the top four, we might have another trip down to the South of France.

Halifax sit two points behind Toulouse and have every chance of overhauling them.  Batley are eight points behind and are probably out of this equation.

So let's say Toulouse finish in 5th place.  In that case they'd have home games against the teams finishing 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th.

The highest we'll probably finish after the 23 games is 9th.  So it'd be fifty-fifty whether we book on with a budget airline again sometime soon.

Melting Pot pub anyone?

My poor bank balance.

I was looking for the matrix last night from the rfl and was going to do the same for us, I can't find it now.

Don't know about DR, merry whistleblower is Mr Ben Thaler.

OLDHAM RLFC V TOULOUSE OLYMPIQUE XIII 

SUNDAY 2ND JULY 
BOWER FOLD, STALYBRIDGE 
KO : 15:00 

Referee: B Thaler
Touch Judges: Andy Tolley C Smith
Reserve Referee: J Barr
M Com: C Morris
Time Keeper: M Heptinstall

You can beat Toulouse, but they are quick to respond if you drop the ball. Conversely they can drop a lot of ball as they did against us last Sunday. If they tire you will get plenty of penalties from which to work. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived