Dewsbury vs Rochdale predictions

Kelsey The Ram 97

15 hours ago, christheram said:

What tea would you pick? Guzdek is back this week? Be harsh to leave Hooley out but guzdek is better in attack and more experienced. My team would be Guzdek, Morton, Walshaw,Hallet, Brown, Sykes, Moore, Teanby, Ward, Sherriffe, Spicer, Harris, Brown. Subs. Day, Toby Adamson, speakman, Everitt. 18th man Hooley. 19th Zach Johnson. Is Squires fit? 

Eorl Grey on the bench?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Eorl Grey on the bench?

It is at the Tetley's stadium BSJ. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Eorl Grey on the bench?

Well the famous league express pundit PG tips us to win on Sunday 

Thinking about going on.my pushbike Sunday 

Cos I can ride tandem ;)

Strikes me that our supporters on this forum see this game as victory to us as a  foregone conclusion, but I am mindful that Hornets might have a sting in the tail (pun intended) and we should be aware of that. I hope the players are not as complacent as we supporters appear to be. We must work hard for the whole match.

Dewsbury 30-16

FTS:  Hallett

MoM: Adamson

Att: 702

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I think the hornets are going to bounce back and sting you 28 - 16

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Strikes me that our supporters on this forum see this game as victory to us as a  foregone conclusion, but I am mindful that Hornets might have a sting in the tail (pun intended) and we should be aware of that. I hope the players are not as complacent as we supporters appear to be.

Which ones?  Let me know and I'll send the white van. 

After the season we've had I'm not sure anyone will be 100% confident.  Certainly I ain't. 

We have an habit of good / bad going back to GM and it's hard to know if we've shaken it off yet. 

On 27/06/2017 at 9:50 PM, Blind side johnny said:

Well there have been a few high scoring games, some real surprises, half- time turnarounds, as well as one 0-0 (I was there - bet not many other posters on here were around then), but these games have never been boring

I was there. I remember the score well as it is the only scoreless game I have ever seen but very little of the match has stuck in the memory. Was it played on a very muddy pitch? Was it in the seventies? I've been watching Hornets since 1953 and the decades seem to merge now.

As for the score I hope for a Hornets win. I'd settle for a one point victory as it may a close game.

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I was there. I remember the score well as it is the only scoreless game I have ever seen but very little of the match has stuck in the memory. Was it played on a very muddy pitch? Was it in the seventies? I've been watching Hornets since 1953 and the decades seem to merge now.

As for the score I hope for a Hornets win. I'd settle for a one point victory as it may a close game.

January ?? 1981. Wind and driving rain. The usual diehards on the Long Stand clustered together refusing to pay the extra sixpence to use the shelter of the main stand, in which I was sitting. The "good old days" of interminable scrums slithering onto the floor, being reset at least three times before the ref awarded a fairly random differential penalty which was shortly followed by another set of scrums, slippery ball, constant knock-ons, more scrums, more driving rain, and so it went on, hardly being able to see what was going on at the far side of the pitch.

The last ten minutes seemed to consist of the general on-field incompetence coupled with the crowd (not very many) willing the game onto its pointless conclusion, cheering every fumble and knock-on. As I recall there were hardly any kickable penalties, drop goals were completely out of the question and neither side got anywhere close to the trylines. Wonderful RL for the cogniscentii.

Happy days!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

25 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Games between our sides have never been predictable, and I am sure this will be the same. The result is very important to both clubs so should be exciting for the fans who are there. (I have sent in my note for the second week running - rank bad planning on my wife's part.)

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

January ?? 1981. Wind and driving rain. The usual diehards on the Long Stand clustered together refusing to pay the extra sixpence to use the shelter of the main stand, in which I was sitting. The "good old days" of interminable scrums slithering onto the floor, being reset at least three times before the ref awarded a fairly random differential penalty which was shortly followed by another set of scrums, slippery ball, constant knock-ons, more scrums, more driving rain, and so it went on, hardly being able to see what was going on at the far side of the pitch.

The last ten minutes seemed to consist of the general on-field incompetence coupled with the crowd (not very many) willing the game onto its pointless conclusion, cheering every fumble and knock-on. As I recall there were hardly any kickable penalties, drop goals were completely out of the question and neither side got anywhere close to the trylines. Wonderful RL for the cogniscentii.

Happy days!

Thanks. Brings back happy memories.Good old winter rugby! Travelling by coach to away games to exotic places like Bramley, Dewsbury and Halifax. If I remember rightly when I started watching Hornets we played all the Lancashire sides and half the Yorkshire sides.

The last time we played at Dewsbury, the match finished in torrential rain. We were well beaten then. At least being exiled in Leeds  today will be a lot shorter journey for me than going to home matches. My heart says 24-12 for Hornets but my head says 24 -12 for Dewsbury.

On 01/07/2017 at 11:09 AM, coolie said:

Well the famous league express pundit PG tips us to win on Sunday 

Thinking about going on.my pushbike Sunday 

Cos I can ride tandem ;)

Thank god somebody liked it

Thought it had been lost and wasted on the young members of the forum ;)

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I remember the 0-0, was it closely followed by our 1-0 win over York?

No, the 1-0 was a couple of years earlier.

Very comprehensive win today, pretty much dominated the whole game and could have had a few more tries. Great defensive effort and Sheriffe and Teanby were outstanding. And Gareth Moore has just provided that cutting edge and organisation we needed in attack. Well done to the boys today and now up to 8th.

1 hour ago, christheram said:

When Neil took over we'd played 8 lost 8, Rochdale had a 9 point lead. Now where above them :-) happy days 

Not happy days for me. Bring back Morrison.

On a serious note we were outplayed today and you looked a very different side to the one we beat earlier in the season. Well done to Kelly in turning the team around.

19 hours ago, coolie said:

Thank god somebody liked it

Thought it had been lost and wasted on the young members of the forum ;)

Bring back the chimps. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

8 hours ago, christheram said:

Getting boring now Kelly's back, nowt to talk about, back winning everyweek. 5 wins in last 7. When Neil took over we'd played 8 lost 8, Rochdale had a 9 point lead. Now where above them :-) happy days 

We look organised, have cut out a lot of the silly mistakes and now have players who want to play for the coach. Signing Moore may have been the best bit of business since we signed Thacks, and although I'm not getting too excited yet, we are looking good to survive . Great to see a rejuvenated Spicer back in the side.Still think Walshaw is wasted in the centre though.

George Bernard Shaw.

12 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

We look organised, have cut out a lot of the silly mistakes and now have players who want to play for the coach. Signing Moore may have been the best bit of business since we signed Thacks, and although I'm not getting too excited yet, we are looking good to survive . Great to see a rejuvenated Spicer back in the side.Still think Walshaw is wasted in the centre though.

agree on all counts GoR.

Spicer was awesome yesterday and had he stayed on the field for the full 80 I'm sure would have had a good shot at MoM.  Not bad for someone who started playing for us in 1963...

Im not sure whether it is having Moore to take some pressure off or the arrival of Kelly but I also think that Sykes is a man transformed.  Actually looks like he might be a 6 now and more importantly he is acting like a captain. Was near the pitch yesterday after one of the tries and you could hear him urging the guys on...Moore also a good addition in this area.

As you say though the biggest transformation is that the lads look like they want to play for the team and as speccies there aint much more we can ask...

If things keep going like this I might need to change my doom and gloom stance....

6 hours ago, NickD said:

agree on all counts GoR.

Spicer was awesome yesterday and had he stayed on the field for the full 80 I'm sure would have had a good shot at MoM.  Not bad for someone who started playing for us in 1963...

Im not sure whether it is having Moore to take some pressure off or the arrival of Kelly but I also think that Sykes is a man transformed.  Actually looks like he might be a 6 now and more importantly he is acting like a captain. Was near the pitch yesterday after one of the tries and you could hear him urging the guys on...Moore also a good addition in this area.

As you say though the biggest transformation is that the lads look like they want to play for the team and as speccies there aint much more we can ask...

If things keep going like this I might need to change my doom and gloom stance....

Steady on Nick!

Have to agree with the comments made by Wakefield Rsm, Grumpy and NickD. 

We now appear to be playing more as a team and we saw some impressive defensive work and some good tries yesterday. 

I was particularly pleased to see both Rob Spicer and Josh Guzdek  playing again, with the former tackling well as we know he can do (plus grabbing a couple of tries) and Josh sharp on attack and ken to score on his return. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived