Daniel I to Fev

thehullram

I can see why he's gone. Wants a shot at the SL sides. We can't really blame him. I was lead to believe we were going to put a contract out to him maybe for next season but Fevs snuck in as per they usually do to us. Anyway good luck to the lad. Not sure where or how he will play with all the 2nd rows they already have mind. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the lads looking towards next season, trying to get the best deal he can, must have something about him for powell to have him at cas, so probably got super league ambition, so what better way to get there than impress the lower teams in the 8s, if we dont screw up big time in the last 4 games. I find it hard to see were he will play with the back rowers we have at the minute, but cant see us adding him to the wage bill if we dont intend on using him, maybe we will see a fev player go the other way. As for the loan deals and dual reg, deals they mean nothing these days, the sl clubs can do what they want, us championship clubs are just wanted to be used as feeder clubs for the bigger boys.

14 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

End of the day he wasnt even a Dewsbury player, was a cas player, its was very unlikely he would get a chance of 1st team at cas anytime soon, with the squad they have. Theres a decent chance fev will be playing against the bottom sl clubs at the end of the season, so a great chance for a young lad to put himself in the shop window, then maybe he will get snapped up by a bigger fish, will we be bitter to that team or wish the young lad luck, id like to think we would wish him luck.

I liked Daniel, but we didn't really miss him on Sunday, and we look to have signed an adequate replacement. Personally I don't feel any bitterness to Fev - if their team is as good as their fans appear to think they are, he might not get too many games anyway, which would be a shame. Can't see either Daniel, or his new team appearing in SL any time soon, but good luck to the lad.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Fev just continue to irritate everyone in this division don't they? They simply can't contemplate anyone else having any success without muscling in.

For some unfathomable reason they have this attitude that they are a SL club in waiting, yet no matter how hard they try they will never get there.

Admittedly it is a long time ago now, but do you ever remember chatting up that very attractive girl at a dance when your really ugly mate turns up and tries to muscle in; completely unaware that he is without doubt the ugliest  and most dislikeable bloke on the dancefloor, thinking that he is the answer to every maiden's dreams, based solely upon how much he is prepared to spend? However he is prepared to buy her port and lemons' compared to your offer of a half a mild so off she goes. Within a month she will have disappeared from the scene but he will still be hanging around the dancefloor, combing back his balding locks once again thinking that "tonight is my night".

It isn't and never will be.

OK It's a fair cop - but I never bought them port and lemons, although I once almost pulled with a brandy and babycham.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

24 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

End of the day he wasnt even a Dewsbury player, was a cas player, its was very unlikely he would get a chance of 1st team at cas anytime soon, with the squad they have. Theres a decent chance fev will be playing against the bottom sl clubs at the end of the season, so a great chance for a young lad to put himself in the shop window, then maybe he will get snapped up by a bigger fish, will we be bitter to that team or wish the young lad luck, id like to think we would wish him luck.

I do wish him luck and don't blame Daniel one bit but can't say the same of your lot. 

Ok. It was a season long loan but we both know who needed him most over the next month or so. Just another example of you lot poaching players.  Not sure why we might even be surprised if I'm honest. 

I don't think any Dewsbury fan expected Iggy to be with us in 2018, but we'd given the lad a chance after he'd previously been farmed out to Oxford, and after a slow start we were starting to see our faith in him rewarded.

I'm sure Iggy's keen to test himself in the Super 8s, but I think a fairer compromise would have been signing him from the start of 2018, given that he already had a loan agreement in place until the end of the season with another club.

Tom

5 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

I liked Daniel, but we didn't really miss him on Sunday, and we look to have signed an adequate replacement. Personally I don't feel any bitterness to Fev - if their team is as good as their fans appear to think they are, he might not get too many games anyway, which would be a shame. Can't see either Daniel, or his new team appearing in SL any time soon, but good luck to the lad.

You wont speak to many fev fans who expect to see fev in sl anytime ever, 

2 minutes ago, NickD said:

I do wish him luck and don't blame Daniel one bit but can't say the same of your lot. 

Ok. It was a season long loan but we both know who needed him most over the next month or so. Just another example of you lot poaching players.  Not sure why we might even be surprised if I'm honest. 

Aaaw big meany fev, sorry cant find the dummy emoji for u?.

15 hours ago, NickD said:

Gotta hate Fev. Same  old story.  Hope they finish 10th never mind 5th. 

Bit of a penalty machine??? Really?  All I saw wAs 100% graft and real potential.  Played the full 80 mins and did he ever miss a tackle?  Massive loss in my opinion. 

I'm feeling the love ????

Made me chuckle this??

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Fev just continue to irritate everyone in this division don't they? They simply can't contemplate anyone else having any success without muscling in.

For some unfathomable reason they have this attitude that they are a SL club in waiting, yet no matter how hard they try they will never get there.

Admittedly it is a long time ago now, but do you ever remember chatting up that very attractive girl at a dance when your really ugly mate turns up and tries to muscle in; completely unaware that he is without doubt the ugliest  and most dislikeable bloke on the dancefloor, thinking that he is the answer to every maiden's dreams, based solely upon how much he is prepared to spend? However he is prepared to buy her port and lemons' compared to your offer of a half a mild so off she goes. Within a month she will have disappeared from the scene but he will still be hanging around the dancefloor, combing back his balding locks once again thinking that "tonight is my night".

It isn't and never will be.

Easy tiger..... all that pent up bitterness isn't good for you.....smile and have another Malteser??

Can't blame Igbinedon for wanting the chance to play in what will probably be the middle 8's,admitted it would have been nice if it was from beginning of next season. It looks like they may need him though as it looks like they are not going to be getting as many players from the Rhino's.

This is the second player we've lost this season that we've had on loan from Castleford, Brandon Douglas went to Halifax.

How dare fev strengthen their team,should just let Halifax and Toulouse buy or loan players. And why would all these players keep leaving Dewsbury for fev? I don't know better ground,better players to play with probably more money,better chance of getting snapped up by a S L team playing in the middle 8's, I could go on and on and at the end of the day he wasn't even your player so ring D. Powell and moan to him.

15 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

You wont speak to many fev fans who expect to see fev in sl anytime ever, 

Aaaw big meany fev, sorry cant find the dummy emoji for u?.

Found a few for you   ???

2 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

This is the second player we've lost this season that we've had on loan from Castleford, Brandon Douglas went to Halifax.

Yes ... they have both gone .... but they did us a job when we most needed it!!  We now have a few of our players returning from injury .... from my perspective I thank Danny I , Brandon D and Cas for helping us in a difficult time ... but now lets get behind our team for what promises to be an exciting end to the season!!

It's the way of the world, money talks. In the top ten Fev players that I have watched in my lifetime are Steve Nash, Jimmy Thompson, Charlie Stone, Paul Newlove, Keith Bridges, Vince Farrar, Deryck Fox, David Hobbs...everyone of them left the club either due to financial reasons or a more "glamorous"/higher profile club. More recently, the likes of Zak Hardaker plus several others who learned the game in Featherstone at junior/amateur level have ended up at bigger, more fashionable clubs. Anthony England, Liam Finn and Steve Crossley all came from you, to us, then to SL clubs. Players move on when what they see as better opportunities arise (Grady, Farrell, Grant didn't come to Fev, but still moved on). It's how it is.

The problem is the system, it's too easy for players to decide they are moving on and there is little clubs can do to stop it.

I can understand why you guys are upset but unfortunately ###### happens. 

Ask yourself if Dewsbury had the chance to pick up a player from championship 1 in a similar fashion do you think that the club would turn it down? My guess is the answer would no.

7 minutes ago, coolie said:

It's called living within your means,

Your already spending money with no hope of going nowhere, but walking that tightrope you'll eventually fall.

Seem to know quite a bit about fevs finances. The last 12 month we have secured a pretty good backer and some good sponsorship deals, putting us in a pretty good financial position, the clubhouse is well used, bringing in decent revenue, top 4 money from last year along with some very good gate receipts with a couple of 6k plus attendances. Plus averaging over 2k for home games this season. So dont you worry your little self about fevs finances mate,were sound. Concentrate on supporting your team avoiding the drop. Good luck for the rest of season.

Think it's abit pointless arguing. Iggy wasn't our player and simply wants to play in the middle 8s against better quality to get himself a good deal. He's a fulltime player so can't fault him can we for wanting a good deal? Would of liked to sign him permanently next season as he was improving every week with us but looks unlikely now. Let's move on anyway. We've no shortage of second rows too and we didn't miss him last Sunday. Rob Spicer is back fit now. As for pulling Fevs chances of SL. Fair play to them, showing abit of ambition. Like ourselves a ground they own to be proud of. If that's what their fans dream of SL.. then let them. I hope they go on to achieve it. Why should we criticise a club for simply showing ambition?

24 minutes ago, christheram said:

Think it's abit pointless arguing. Iggy wasn't our player and simply wants to play in the middle 8s against better quality to get himself a good deal. He's a fulltime player so can't fault him can we for wanting a good deal? Would of liked to sign him permanently next season as he was improving every week with us but looks unlikely now. Let's move on anyway. We've no shortage of second rows too and we didn't miss him last Sunday. Rob Spicer is back fit now. As for pulling Fevs chances of SL. Fair play to them, showing abit of ambition. Like ourselves a ground they own to be proud of. If that's what their fans dream of SL.. then let them. I hope they go on to achieve it. Why should we criticise a club for simply showing ambition?

Well said mate, i wasnt really arguing just pointing out a few facts. Cant see fev ever getting sl were an relatively small unfashionable club, thats not wanted in sl. But all u can want in all walks of life is to be the best you can, ive seen fev at there lowest and at some of there best points and will always follow them no matter what, can remember Dewsbury been a top championship team aswell, rugby leagues a funny old game, just gotta enjoy the good times while you can. Enjoy my trips down to Dewsbury, as u say cracking little ground hope you stay up. Best of luck.

1 hour ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Seem to know quite a bit about fevs finances. The last 12 month we have secured a pretty good backer and some good sponsorship deals, putting us in a pretty good financial position, the clubhouse is well used, bringing in decent revenue, top 4 money from last year along with some very good gate receipts with a couple of 6k plus attendances. Plus averaging over 2k for home games this season. So dont you worry your little self about fevs finances mate,were sound. Concentrate on supporting your team avoiding the drop. Good luck for the rest of season.

How bigs the mortgage on your ground? 

Fair enough - can't argue with the 'shop window' argument, especially if Fev finish in the top four, but then perhaps it was naive of Iggy (presumably under the advice of his agent) to commit to Dewsbury for the rest of the season.

Tom

Archived