Hunslet 56, Coventry 24

Hawkwindbag

So 80 points in 80 minutes, but how many were down to feeble defence rather than good attacking play? I 're-scored' the game with what I consider 'reasonable' defence and came up with 32-6! :O

Don't suppose we should moan much when we get 50, but it didn't actually feel like a good performance ... OK in parts, but still it seems we can't play for more than about 20 minutes without collectively knocking off for a quick nap. Nobody stood out as having a particularly good game either, one part of me hopes that part of that is due to a lot of team changes over the last few weeks, but tbh I'm not too sure!

So we are left with two awkward-looking games at London and home to Newcastle and we need to win both to finish in the top 8. Hmmm, could be close ... think my money's staying in my pocket :unsure:

The team played Exceptionally well at Barrow and Toronto..... My Cash is definitely on 2 Wins...... I didn't see Coventry...... But tbh... How do you motivate yr self to play, what is Basically A Pub team........ 

Defence was shocking, trying to tackle beer barrels around the waist is never good. A few good performances I thought, from George Flanagan and Joe Sanderson particularly.

Can't see us getting much out of Newcastle unfortunately.................

thought scoreline flattered us and once again our defence looked frail. coventry seem to be involved in a lot of games like that,.score plenty ,concede more.Looked better when Ansell went off , but that might have been to coventrys tiredness. Once again for me Flanagan was the spark. Two tries from wing so thats an improvement.

17 hours ago, Josh T said:

The team played Exceptionally well at Barrow and Toronto..... My Cash is definitely on 2 Wins...... I didn't see Coventry...... But tbh... How do you motivate yr self to play, what is Basically A Pub team........ 

We did indeed play well at Barrow and Toronto - but between those two against York, we played like a pub team ourselves. And Sunday was borderline in terms of whether we would have beaten the teams around us in the league.

So it's all down to which Hunslet team turns up. At least they know exactly what they need to do and can't use lack of motivation as an excuse ...

very impressed with Sanderson yesterday, his timing of a pass to put the runner into a gap is getting better each week and the long ball to Brierley for the try is something I haven't seen for a long time.Get him on a long term contract.

Just my luck, when we manage to score 50+ points I wasn't able to be there at the match on sundae.

Looking to the future, I don't think it really matters that much whether we finish in the top 8 or not.

I would like to see Gary Thornton given a contract to the end of next season and to use the final seven games as an opportunity to develop and consolidate his coaching style with the players that he thinks will be able to give Hunslet a winning season next time.

not moving goalposts again. was only couple years ago structure changed.. rfl ###### take this.. whats chance that bradford who are rock bottom championship escape the drop.....

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

In one respect I suppose it doesn't really matter if we finish in the top 8 - in reality there's no chance of winning promotion from 7th or 8th. But surely we'd all be rather playing the Donnys, Yorks and Barrows in the Super 8s, rather than the Hemels, Coventrys and South Wales's? Not to mention the ignominy of failing to make the 8 ... but that is now certain to happen to one of the traditional clubs - either us, Workington or Keighley.

Of course Bradford ought to be relegated, but if it ends up that they aren't it should make for a genuinely level competition in this division next year with two open promotion places to play for, which is not what we've had for the last two years with Toulouse and Toronto in it.

Just a general question from a Batley fan and also doing Player Stats for the season for the Batley forum.

How is Mike Hayward going on with you.

Cheers Roger

Archived