sssshhhhhh

trig

good news agreed.. hope he gets much better players than we have had in recent years.. 

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been a disappointing season but Hunslet have not ben totally uncompetitive. In the majority of the loses save for the York game we competed. Doncaster, Keighley, Whitehaven Barrow. and we should have had at least a draw against Oxford, when instead of kicking the penalty in front of the posts, we took a tap & lost.

Now that Gary Thornton has committed himself to us for another season, I for one want to back him and let him use the shield competition to get the players he wants to play the way he wants. When the league splits Hunslet will have 4 home games and three away games no matter whether we win or lose to Newcastle on Sunday. I for one will not be deliberately staying away.

I've been through a lot better times with Hunslet and also a lot worse.

If I wanted to see top quality rugby league week in week out I would go to watch Castleford, but to me its about being a Hunslet supporter.

22 hours ago, Hunslet Miner said:

It has been a disappointing season but Hunslet have not ben totally uncompetitive. In the majority of the loses save for the York game we competed. Doncaster, Keighley, Whitehaven Barrow. and we should have had at least a draw against Oxford, when instead of kicking the penalty in front of the posts, we took a tap & lost.

Now that Gary Thornton has committed himself to us for another season, I for one want to back him and let him use the shield competition to get the players he wants to play the way he wants. When the league splits Hunslet will have 4 home games and three away games no matter whether we win or lose to Newcastle on Sunday. I for one will not be deliberately staying away.

I've been through a lot better times with Hunslet and also a lot worse.

If I wanted to see top quality rugby league week in week out I would go to watch Castleford, but to me its about being a Hunslet supporter.

Do not know your club that well HM or where problems lie , we lost a lot of supporters at York cos of the previous chairman and his Twitter rants , how we kept hold of our coach James Ford god only knows ( GT's former assistant) . New owner has seen a big upturn in attendance , against Coventry we doubled the size of the crowd from last season , if you could use a similar model to York it could foster change. We let kids in for nowt at the mo which has helped a great deal , whether that continues next season

we shall see. As has been said already GT is a bloody good coach so the only way is up and the best of luck.

3 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Do not know your club that well HM or where problems lie , we lost a lot of supporters at York cos of the previous chairman and his Twitter rants , how we kept hold of our coach James Ford god only knows ( GT's former assistant) . New owner has seen a big upturn in attendance , against Coventry we doubled the size of the crowd from last season , if you could use a similar model to York it could foster change. We let kids in for nowt at the mo which has helped a great deal , whether that continues next season

we shall see. As has been said already GT is a bloody good coach so the only way is up and the best of luck.

Well said.

On 12/07/2017 at 3:32 PM, Mystic Meg said:

If you would rather go to the White Rose Centre on a Sunday, just admit it, don't pretend you're making some kind of grand protest.

All links with Leeds have now been severed, and there is no dual-reg anymore, what more do you want.........?

Granted, the standard of rugby isn't great, but it hasn't been for a while.

What you have to appreciate, is that as a Director you have to make decisions and stand by them. You can't go to the big screen.....

Sponsorship has never been better by the way.................

Could Mystic Meg kindly clarify, 'The,' all links with Leeds have now been severed'...... Will Hunslet not be using Headingly for Our Christmas dinner....?.... Also, Are Leeds, No longer running The Hunslet lottery...?...... 

16 hours ago, Progman said:

I can't answer the Christmas dinner question josh but the lottery is still linked to them over the river 

Cheers Progman..... Pretty much As I thought. ...... I Hate and Distrust people who make Obvious and Blatant Lies...... Am I right in thinking Mystic Meg is a Director at Hunslet..?... 

2 hours ago, Josh T said:

Cheers Progman..... Pretty much As I thought. ...... I Hate and Distrust people who make Obvious and Blatant Lies...... Am I right in thinking Mystic Meg is a Director at Hunslet..?... 

Totally agree with you and I also think Mystic Meg is a director as well as a hard wired Rhino supporter who's ###### comments  about Hunslet (possibly now ex) supporters and there balls is absolutely disgraceful and has no benefit for the club whatsoever along with his irrelevant  comments about director's  decisions and "The Big Screen" pitiful and pathetic

You don't think he is a current director?? Probably a decent bloke Ok....but being a successful business man does not give any right or credentials to make such disparaging remarks about the balls, the wife's and shopping habits of other club supporters who probably also care(d) about the club as much as any of us do.

As a Toronto based sports fan, I would like to offer a bit of encouragement.  Toronto is blessed with I think now 8 different professional sports franchises.  Just In the last decade we have entered into soccer, basketball and lacrosse besides TWP this year.

But at the outset, the records for both soccer and basketball were dreadful, each team dwelled in the cellar, or bottom tier, for over a decade before making any noticeable headway.

If any of you follow hockey (not likely I guess!) the Toronto Maple Leafs are a team that is part of the "original 6" going back a hundred years and is a name synonymous to all things hockey .  It had glorious days in the 60's.  But during the period commencing from the early 70's until 1990, the team suffered dreadfully due to ownership and was frequently competing for last place, and it has taken from then to now to build it into a contender again, with many baby steps forward and back in between.

Through all the travails of each of the clubs, the one consistency was they were virtually sold out the entire time - or for the FC as soccer was not really in the public eye of most Canadians - at least pulling in in the mid 20's attendance per game.  This public support was what players told everyone rallied them through the worst and eventually served as the prop to everyone getting their act in gear and moving up.

Its one of the reasons why, if you have read any of the post match reports from any clubs visiting Toronto, fans have been so appreciative of effort for your clubs, even losing effort.  We have been there, for decades, repeatedly, sport after sport!

I can only suggest be positive, attend, let your players know you are there, shake their hands, inspire them, call out not only the good performances but encourage the others.  Its sounds like you have a good coach, and if the nucleus around him takes a bit of time (hopefully not 40 yrs like the Maple Leafs) they do say patience is a virtue!! :D

Archived