Are You Going To The World Cup?

Hi guys,

I have not posted on here for quite some time so I am unsure if, further down the list, this has been asked already, but here goes...

Are you going to this year's World Cup?

I fly on 22nd October and land in the early hours of the 24th in Melbourne.

I have tickets for the opening game, fly to Sydney on 31st October for the Lebanon game and then to Perth (where a group of about 55 supporters from Hull including my dad and step-mother will be flying into).

I had also planned to meet a good friend and watch the game in Canberra on 3rd November, my birthday but unfortunately he passed away suddenly a few weeks ago so I'm going to the Home and Away set instead.

After Perth, it is back to Melbourne, to Auckland, and then of course onto Brisbane for the final. I think England finishing second in the group is a reasonable prediction so the last 3 destinations are based on us doing that - although I am sure someone will correct me if they believe differently (flights are booked now, like so it is tough if I am wrong ha).

When the World Cup is over and England have shocked the whole sporting landscape with victory, I am going to stay there. I am 30 this year and it is my last chance to get across for a year or two so I am going for it.

I look forward to your replies.

Cheers,

Adam

Got my Final and Semi Final tickets for Brisbane, Ill work from there and get to as many as I can.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

On 13/7/2017 at 2:17 PM, deluded pom? said:

I'm off to NZ for three weeks. Unfortunately the planning and match scheduling means I can't afford to fly all over Australia and NZ and I'll only get two matches in. I'm going to the NZ v Samoa and Samoa v Tonga games. Give Mally my best Adam. ;)

2 of the most interesting games of the whole WC. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

8 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

2 of the most interesting games of the whole WC. 

I've seen NZ v Samoa on TV at a couple of previous WCs and they look like cracking games. I think this one coming up just got even more interesting with the possibility Shaun Johnson may miss the WC through injury. I've also watched the PI Tests and Samoa v Tonga is always intense.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

I've seen NZ v Samoa at a couple of previous WCs and they look like cracking games. I think this one coming up just got even more interesting with the possibility Shaun Johnson may miss the WC through injury. I've also watched the PI Tests and Samoa v Tonga is always intense.

Yes. 
Sad to say because it's always good to watch them playing, but players like JT or SJ missing the World Cup will make the competition more even and more balanced. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

• 2 weeks later...

Fly out on 23rd October , land in Melbourne early morning 25th. 

4 nights Melbourne, then fly to Brisbane on 29th oct and have 4 nights on the Gold Coast - surfers paradise. Fly to Sydney on 2nd November and have 6 nights before flying to Perth on 8th For a week , fly back to Manchester on 15th November. 

• 1 month later...

Got tickets for PNG v Wales and PNG v USA. Hoping to make England v Lebanon and a few others though not sure I have the emotional fortitude to see us play Australia or New Zealand again.

Anyone else going to the PNG games? There seem to be thousands of tickets left for their home games which the organisers said would sell out quickly.

On 28/08/2017 at 7:07 PM, creditwhereitsdews said:

Got tickets for PNG v Wales and PNG v USA. Hoping to make England v Lebanon and a few others though not sure I have the emotional fortitude to see us play Australia or New Zealand again.

Anyone else going to the PNG games? There seem to be thousands of tickets left for their home games which the organisers said would sell out quickly.

Be very careful in PNG. It's a very violent and dangerous place.

Some tips from the Australian government: http://smartraveller.gov.au/Countries/pacific/Pages/papua_new_guinea.aspx

Fly out on 8th Nov to Perth for double header. Then to Melbourne v Sydney! for QF. Upto Surfers for 3 nights then into Brisbane for S/F ,sunday at The Gabba for 1st Ashes test. Staying around for WCF. Fly home Dec 5th.

Big trip for me on this one , Leave the  UK 15 th October. Beach for 9 nights in Phuket then  taking in ALL England games ,S/F in NZ and final then a week in each of Port Douglas /Fiji & LA . Back in UK for Christmas .68days in total. Then back with Hull FC in February , I love retirement .  

On 8/28/2017 at 10:07 AM, creditwhereitsdews said:

One of our stalwarts is going to the png v wales game, he's known on here as gogledd :)  Look out for  North Wales Crusaders/Wales flags.....shame you can't tag people on this forum :(

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

On 9/13/2017 at 7:38 PM, creditwhereitsdews said:

I've got tickets for that game and the USA game, though I'm wondering what the security situation will be like.

Here is a guide on what you should take.

Joking,

Have your wits about you and do not go out at night unless you have a brigade of Gurkha's with you.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived