Are You Going To The World Cup?

Large group going to Brisbane 18th November to watch first semi final, then gold coast for a 5 day chill out back to Brisbane for final. Some of our party leave Brisbane at 5 am to watch second semin in Auckland the following day, then 3 days in Auckland  back to Gold Coastt then final in Brrisbane. Fingers crossed I get to see England play.

y

Live in Perth, bought my tickets for the England/France/Ireland/Wales double header ages ago, going to the warm up match here on the 20th October. Just booked flights and tickets for the Lebanon match in Sydney, going on my own so hopefully there is a meet up before or else I will have a lonely few days.

Just arrived at our hotel in central Auckland. It's wet and dismal. The weather, not the hotel. I hope things improve or it will hit the walk ups for tomorrow's game. Saw only one small banner advertising the WC on the way from the airport. Very disappointing. Just about to go for a walk around and hope to see some advertising in central Auckland.

rldfsignature.jpg

The promotion of the WC is very underwhelming in Auckland. Saw a total of two more banners but they were high up and it would have been easy to miss them if you weren't looking for them. A few WC generic T shirts in the AB's Champions of the World shop. An item on the opening game on NZTV but they seemed more interested in a rumour RTS may be going to union. Disappointing doesn't cut it.

rldfsignature.jpg

On 28/08/2017 at 7:07 PM, creditwhereitsdews said:

Got tickets for PNG v Wales and PNG v USA. Hoping to make England v Lebanon and a few others though not sure I have the emotional fortitude to see us play Australia or New Zealand again.

Anyone else going to the PNG games? There seem to be thousands of tickets left for their home games which the organisers said would sell out quickly.

Have fun!

Archived