RIP Vince Farrar

Yet more sad news about players I looked up to when I was younger.

I remember when Vince signed for Hull in the late 70's and I watched him make his debut at the Boulvard. 

All the game he took the ball up to the defence and just before impact he would slip it to a supporting player while I danced around frustrated on the terraces thinking why hasn't he tried to knock the defenders out of the way and score a try.

Jeez, he taught me a lot about how the game should be played and I never even spoke to him.

RIP Vince 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Vince was a good friend of mine but more importantly a terrific player who is best remembered as a cornerstone of the Fev pack of the early to mid seventies. RIP old friend.

Barry Holland

Really sorry to hear the sad news yesterday. Vince has a special place in the hearts of Hull fans old enough to remember his playing days. His signing was the catalyst that led to the greatest era yet in our club's history.

He was on old school prop forrard, tough as teak but no battering ram. As my good friend OF has already alluded to, Vince relied on skill and sleight of hand rather than brute strength.

Thanks for some great memories feller. My thoughts are with your family and friends.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Great player for Fev and Hull also an international. RIP

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

R.I.P, condolences to all his family and friends.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived