Job hunting

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Despite written confirmation, and a payroll number, when I turned up for work yesterday I was told it was a mistake, and I was never down to work at Hastings Delivery Office. When the manager contacted area office, there was no record of me on their system.

So I am back to being unemployed. I will be going to take "advice" from the local CAB.

That is diabolical. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Print of every Email and collect all correspondence - take them with you in a folder. It might make an HR type realise they have c**ked up and sort things out. By the way a verbal offer is as enforceable as a written one it is just harder to prove so any and all correspondence referencing you starting is evidence you had been made an offer of employment.

• 1 month later...

Starting the new year off to a good start. I have a telephone interview this morning, and a face-to-face interview tomorrow, with different people.

Update: Got refused telephone interview job because I couldn't supply 5 years worth of references.

12 hours ago, JohnM said:

Hmm....there are maybe better ways of going about things. I guess by then you already knew you wouldn't get the job.  Are you sure you wanted it anyway?

Yes I want the job, that's why I have applied with the same company 3 times

59 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I am arsey, so what? Maybe that's what they are looking for. Maybe desk jockies. Maybes idiots who don't have an opinion.

I have a large team to manage and do regular interviews. A touch of humour or a 'side' can be OK but any arsey-ness is a flag to be honest

Managing people is part of all leaders jobs and arsey people just make my job harder

Play the game Bleep and be arsey after you've got the job at least

23 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I have a large team to manage and do regular interviews. A touch of humour or a 'side' can be OK but any arsey-ness is a flag to be honest

Managing people is part of all leaders jobs and arsey people just make my job harder

Play the game Bleep and be arsey after you've got the job at least

If I was given the job, I would play the game. Then I would be Arsey at a much later date. Just give me the opportunity.

7 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

If I was given the job, I would play the game. Then I would be Arsey at a much later date. Just give me the opportunity.

Yes, but you chose to be arsey at the interview. Are you really committed to working for them?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry, Bleep, but I'm not surprised, given your self-proclaimed arsey attitude.

Try putting yourself in the interviewer's shoes. Would you employ yourself?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

20 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Right well I've got bored of sitting around and have started applying for a few jobs. I'm going for just about anything so lets see what happens.

Why bother with the ######?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

On 18/01/2020 at 14:19, JohnM said:

I could definitely be a Pro Queuer! Got previous experience at that. I stood for 7 hours in something like 30 degree heat a couple of years back for Challenge Cup tickets and I only kicked someone once stretching my legs! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Open Day at Combe Haven holiday park, part of the Bourne/Butlins/Haven group, they seemed interested enough, I applied for bar staff, kitchen staff, and they have an on-site Burger King, so I applied for that too.

Just don't insult them until you've actually started the job.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Open Day at Combe Haven holiday park, part of the Bourne/Butlins/Haven group, they seemed interested enough, I applied for bar staff, kitchen staff, and they have an on-site Burger King, so I applied for that too.

Good luck, mate.

Imagine they are grown up versions of your daughter and be nice ?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

...and don't start spitting in the burgers 'til your first pay cheque has cleared, okay?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived