Class tells

glemiln

Crowd was less than 900.Very poor,interest in the game is on the decline.It's going to be interesting to see what state the game will be in 10 or 20 years time.I wonder when a roughyeds v hornet's game was so poorly attended. And yes the crowds are ageing, you don't see enough kids taking an interest in the game.Personally, I am of the opinion we as fans should be concerned about the future of the game.

9 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

And to think I was feeling a collective togetherness ... I understand  Bradford ... but Dewsbury are  well run club ,,, no debts .. we own OUR own stadium!! We are  sustainable !!   Surely a role model for how to survive in what is a difficult environment  

I truly believe the true heart of the game clubs should show some solidarity ... If more clubs were managed more like Dewsbury ... then perhaps we would not have some of the shenanigans  that is so prevalent  within the game at the moment!!   

Ah but you are missing one small detail you are from Yorkshire. Enough said.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't see it being Dewsbury Doug, since Ned Kelly arrived they've been one of the form teams in our league.

You are correct TS. Since Kelly arrived there they have been transformed with basically the same team. It just goes to show what a difference the right coach makes.  

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too. I couldn't make the game today because of holidays but I've been to Oldham v Hornets " A " team games in the past with bigger gates. You only have to look around in the stands to see the game is ageing.

What the answers are I don't really know. For me the move to Super League has been a failure. The logic was for us to produce teams to beat the Aussies. We're no nearer to that now than we were 25 years ago.

We will never beat the Aussies while the Super League teams are full of overseas players.

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too. I couldn't make the game today because of holidays but I've been to Oldham v Hornets " A " team games in the past with bigger gates. You only have to look around in the stands to see the game is ageing.

What the answers are I don't really know. For me the move to Super League has been a failure. The logic was for us to produce teams to beat the Aussies. We're no nearer to that now than we were 25 years ago.

Id argue we are further behind the aussies than we have ever been.  Super league has been a failure for the game but a success for the teams in the super league - they stole our game.

Hard to believe they wont have the fixtures confirmed for the super 8s until wednesday - how are the team at home next weekend expected to sell those games at such short notice.  They could have had the fixtures organised in terms of which position plays which at whose ground and when well in advance of the end of the season and then once the final positions were confirmed everyone would know the schedule of games.

IF the same format is used for the 8's as that for League 1 - it's deja vu all over again for round 1 on 30 July:

Hornets v Oldham     Swinton v Bulls    Batley v Sheffield    Dewsbury v Toulouse.

Cancel your hols!

And our others in the 8's: Eagles A, Batley H, Bulls A, Rams A, Swinton H & Tox A.

A very tough 7 weeks ahead. Will we have to win again in France to seal it?

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

IF the same format is used for the 8's as that for League 1 - it's deja vu all over again for round 1 on 30 July:

Hornets v Oldham     Swinton v Bulls    Batley v Sheffield    Dewsbury v Toulouse.

Cancel your hols!

No games this coming weekend. Everyone gets a week off ahead of the 8s.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Archived