League 1 Super 8s - Knights v Toronto

3 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

It is not that unusual.  The rules state that if the pitch is not the full 100 metres, that this is how it is done.

I'm aware of that, from what I can tell too many clubs are having to make to with substandard fields in their stadiums.  There needs to be a minimum length of say 95 metres so that they can all at least be made to look like they're the full 100 metres long.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spidey said:

B-b-but what about away fans? ??

But I thought them being in town would have no impact on crowds, I'm certain some miserable nutjob told us that for certain.

Toronto's first league defeat, considering their results so far, is a historical achievement to savour. Well done York - from a club on the brink of oblivion to today's performance is something to which we should all raise a glass.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Deano, saw you running around with the flag after the first try..thought you were going to do a header right into the field at that point!  love the enthusiasm of the crowd and hope it keeps up for all your games...

Just watched the game "as live" - wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Great atmosphere and unbelievable performance by York. The place was buzzing. It reminded me of those old days at Clarence Street. 

A truly historic day for the York club. What a future this club has. I am so pleased for all those long suffering fans.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Just watched the game "as live" - wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Great atmosphere and unbelievable performance by York. The place was buzzing. It reminded me of those old days at Clarence Street. 

A truly historic day for the York club. What a future this club has. I am so pleased for all those long suffering fans.

I hope York's Trump-esque former owner is watching this and burning up inside with jealousy. B) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2600 wow! This shows the potential in the area for a prosperous club. I think the ingredients are there for a top half Championship club and with a sparkling new stadium on the way who knows where it could go beyond that!

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

It is not that unusual.  The rules state that if the pitch is not the full 100 metres, that this is how it is done.

What a great result and a great crowd. Fingers crossed for a complete performance from YCK for the rest of the 8s.

didnt see the pitch, but from the comments previous, sounds like they were wrong. The 40m lines must always be 20m apart. The distance between 40 and 30 at each end can be evenly reduced from 10m if the pitch is under 100m from goal line to goal line. This is so that referees can note 10m for kick offs and starting positions for both teams for a 20m restart.

2 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Both 40-metre lines ran through the soccer centre circle which was visible on screen.

Something for them to fix for next game then.

Won't take anything further away from YCK on probably their greatest day for a few years. Great to see.

Just now, Sports Prophet said:

Something for them to fix for next game then.

Won't take anything further away from YCK on probably their greatest day for a few years. Great to see.

For that they'd need a longer field; they can't make the lines equidistant from each any other way at Bootham Crescent, it's too short.

1 minute ago, Big Picture said:

For that they'd need a longer field; they can't make the lines equidistant from each any other way at Bootham Crescent, it's too short.

They need to reduce the distance between 30m and 40m instead of the distance between 40m and half way

Just now, Sports Prophet said:

They need to reduce the distance between 30m and 40m instead of the distance between 40m and half way

No, RL needs to be like every other major sport and have one uniform way of marking fields of play at every match with no exceptions.  This Mickey Mouse business of having different markings at different venues needs to be stopped.

10 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

No, RL needs to be like every other major sport and have one uniform way of marking fields of play at every match with no exceptions.  This Mickey Mouse business of having different markings at different venues needs to be stopped.

Soccer doesn't have a uniformal pitch size, it can vary also

RL lines are to mark 10m distances to help referees, if the pitch is shorter than 100m there has to be an alternative way of doing things

Archived