Elland ARLFC

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, Li0nhead said:

Which then the ref is put under pressure and throws out the team warnings and other silly directives to tick boxes. When they should be allowed to referee the game as they normally would. 

I certainly notice a difference when an acessor is there. 

A sidetrack I know but a bugbear of mine.

this happened in the NCL game I watched on Saturday .

Could not believe how the ref changed

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 8:47 AM, shawy13 said:

Waterhead couldn't raise a side according to twitter 

They only get 400 ish or so watching the pro club ( although they dont play in Oldham ) so the interest in Rhgby League in the town is dieing im afraid . . .  they do have a good Clubhouse at Waterhead ( more than the Pro club have . . . ha ha ha )

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:23 PM, yorkieman said:

Elland Ovenden Heworth Castleford Panthers East Hull to name but a few that have sadly demised over the last few years 

East Hull are looking a good young side at the moment, I went to watch them a few weeks ago and while I was talking to Stu Sawyer 3 lads came up and asked to sign for them, 2 are/was playing NCL and the other was within the Hull FC set up.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 8/8/2017 at 1:00 PM, Marauder said:

East Hull are looking a good young side at the moment, I went to watch them a few weeks ago and while I was talking to Stu Sawyer 3 lads came up and asked to sign for them, 2 are/was playing NCL and the other was within the Hull FC set up.

Had some good trips to East Hull when they were in conference. Remember when we (DudleyHill) were in the premier we beat them first game of season, went there they stuffed us! Supporters hiked back to the club the sods had the game on the big screen already! Then we had the interim season before the summer we went there and Lee Radford played stand off we were losing 30 nil at half time, beat them 36-30 needless to say we were asking where the video was when we got back.

It is not good seeing so many clubs with so much history in this league dropping out. Sad reflection on the state of the game top to bottom something needs radically changing, but to be fair young mens attitudes towards the game are not like it was in even my time (33 now).

They wont stay in the club after the game turn up to a lot of away games in cars more often so they just shoot off from away games. Not just the game but also attitudes

33 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Had some good trips to East Hull when they were in conference. Remember when we (DudleyHill) were in the premier we beat them first game of season, went there they stuffed us! Supporters hiked back to the club the sods had the game on the big screen already! Then we had the interim season before the summer we went there and Lee Radford played stand off we were losing 30 nil at half time, beat them 36-30 needless to say we were asking where the video was when we got back.

It is not good seeing so many clubs with so much history in this league dropping out. Sad reflection on the state of the game top to bottom something needs radically changing, but to be fair young mens attitudes towards the game are not like it was in even my time (33 now).

They wont stay in the club after the game turn up to a lot of away games in cars more often so they just shoot off from away games. Not just the game but also attitudes

Things to do in the summer, when it's dark, cold and raining the best place to be is in the clubhouse for a few

On 07/08/2017 at 0:24 AM, Roughyedz said:

They only get 400 ish or so watching the pro club ( although they dont play in Oldham ) so the interest in Rhgby League in the town is dieing im afraid . . .  they do have a good Clubhouse at Waterhead ( more than the Pro club have . . . ha ha ha )

Up at saddleworth rangers they seem to get good regular turnouts. Go along and see the new £350,000 clubhouse, it's a result of a community coming together and making things happen.

21 hours ago, Marauder said:

Things to do in the summer, when it's dark, cold and raining the best place to be is in the clubhouse for a few

Totally agree mate. In principal the switch to summer had more advantages than not. But the reality is far from that. I'm not trying to start another debate but in the winter after we went back into the conference we had a very strong side and could nigh on put the same side out most weeks.

I do think some of it is down to the attitude of the newer generation, its like a roll back though speak to older lads round the club they all have great stories of team bonders etc. We have plenty of stories from my age group but these lads nowadays dont do enough together to create a team atmosphere. Also their lack of staying after training or games also impacts the club financially

1 hour ago, Mr Smeaton said:

Just seen on NCL website that Rylands have withdrawn from league all records expunged 

Heard rumblings about them dropping out next year so surprised it was so immediate especially with a home game scheduled this week

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Heard rumblings about them dropping out next year so surprised it was so immediate especially with a home game scheduled this week

The unsurety of getting a side every week will have taken it's toll on the committee and the call to the opposition that your not going must be the hardest one to make for the secretary.

9 hours ago, Marauder said:

The unsurety of getting a side every week will have taken it's toll on the committee and the call to the opposition that your not going must be the hardest one to make for the secretary.

Ive been there on more than one occasion, however they have fielded 17 players each week but I know it's been a strain on their second team. I was led to believe it was away trips that were the issue. That was why I was surprised they quit just before a home game

Not a great week for Amateur RL Rylands dropping out the League Fryston disbanding and Blackbrook not fulfilling their fixture at Hunslet, 4 other teams playing with less than the full compliment and Plucky Millom travelling with 17 but getting beat 86-0 to a team below them in the league, how many games would be postponed if it were not a £500 fine and relegation after 2 call offs. In the NWC possibly the most 24-0 and call off's of the season with results for just over half of the intended fixtures going ahead, YML with again a third of the fixtures off, and 3/4 of the Cumbria league not being played. It looks like Gloucester and Oxford are to merge so much for expansion, how much money has been invested in that venture, and I don't think the Midlands league ran its full course, most other leagues appear to be in their last stages, funny this is happening now the RU season is about to start.

The RFL saying we have 000's of participants well I would like a breakdown of where they actually are just 71 open age results including the ladies, if each team had a full compliment which we know they didn't that's just over 2,400 players, not heard how many may enter the Pennine league or if there will be a Hull league but it does not make good reading.

I am sorry to keep highlighting this but until the RFL admit there may be an issue nothing will change and the Amateur game will wither on the vine, or am I wrong and the game is going from strength to strength as the RFL would let you believe, is it not time for a full and open debate on the issue

2 hours ago, brassey said:

to be honest defender that team below millom are a far better team then there postian shows there had there best to out all season if there had that team out consisant all season there be top off league m8

I think the moral is that Millom travelled to Oulton the previous week with 14, this week they had 17 players but to what standard for a defeat like that

Nothing is going to change until the RFLs hand is forced to admit There's a problem.

cumbrian rugby league is on its backside, certainly in Allerdale, and we all read of similar problems throughout the country, so why are the powers that be not listening!

has the time come for the regional leagues to issue a vote of no confidence in the RFLs management of the game and threaten to breakaway and form their own organisation to specifically look after the amateur game?

it might be a reinvention of BARLA, but the threat of losing Sport England funding might be the catalyst to get the RFL to listen to the community clubs and take some action

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Nothing is going to change until the RFLs hand is forced to admit There's a problem.

cumbrian rugby league is on its backside, certainly in Allerdale, and we all read of similar problems throughout the country, so why are the powers that be not listening!

has the time come for the regional leagues to issue a vote of no confidence in the RFLs management of the game and threaten to breakaway and form their own organisation to specifically look after the amateur game?

it might be a reinvention of BARLA, but the threat of losing Sport England funding might be the catalyst to get the RFL to listen to the community clubs and take some action

I would think your on the right lines there

11 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I would think your on the right lines there

Death to the Rah Rah's    95

• Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

My worry is that the RFL don't know where to start.

First of all the have to admit the switch to summer hasn't worked, which would mean eating a lot of humble pie.

secondly they have to demonstrate a willingness to listen and change the way the game is ran at amateur level, which involves a tremendous amount of leg work and communication with players, clubs, officials and also find some way to engage with players who have dropped out of the sport in the last five years.

the borough of Allerdale, once a bastion of RL participation in Cumbria is in real danger of imploding.

maryport dropped out of the league at the beginning of this season, Glasson, Seaton, Flimby and Broughton have all failed to fulfil fixtures this season.

Workington, despite being the sole professional club has no amateur RL in the town at all, the closest being in the village of Seaton.

there are only 4 U12 sides in the West Cumbria Youth League, so where are the players of the future going to come from?

these issues are mirrored up and down the county, so why are we hearing nothing from Red Hall. Are they so blinkered that they can't see the state the game is in?

the game is sadly lacking leadership, and something needs to happen quickly or the damage will be irreversible (if it isn't already)

Saint 1 likes this  Like this

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, brassey said:

to be honest defender that team below millom are a far better team then there postian shows there had there best to out all season if there had that team out consisant all season there be top off league m8

Serious question - so why can't Drighlington get their best team out every week? They are the only team that have lost to Salford City Roosters this season. I know for a fact that if Salford City Roosters could name their best side from signed on players every week they would not be fighting relegation. They have travelled with 11 to one game this season and several over 40's have returned to help the team out. Players are working, players are going out with their families and some openly admit that they are not bothered about playing. I am not singling one club out here. I watch games as a neutral when I can and everywhere I go its the same story. Salford lost a generation of young players when a youth team moved to another club but hopefully better times will be ahead when the current 17's come through. I feel so sorry for Dave Hunt at Blackbrook and Alfrieda Kindon at Salford - people who have literally dedicated their lives to their clubs. It must be soul destroying. The game is dying below Super League and the RFL refuse to admit it.

24 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Serious question - so why can't Drighlington get their best team out every week? They are the only team that have lost to Salford City Roosters this season. I know for a fact that if Salford City Roosters could name their best side from signed on players every week they would not be fighting relegation. They have travelled with 11 to one game this season and several over 40's have returned to help the team out. Players are working, players are going out with their families and some openly admit that they are not bothered about playing. I am not singling one club out here. I watch games as a neutral when I can and everywhere I go its the same story. Salford lost a generation of young players when a youth team moved to another club but hopefully better times will be ahead when the current 17's come through. I feel so sorry for Dave Hunt at Blackbrook and Alfrieda Kindon at Salford - people who have literally dedicated their lives to their clubs. It must be soul destroying. The game is dying below Super League and the RFL refuse to admit it.

Probably the same answer to everyone else... holidays, injuries & shift patterns. I've not heard about anyone going out with their families over playing (at Drig anyway).

Archived