2018 Squad.

RogerT

As I mentioned previously there are 3 players that needed signing on, they where/are Patch Walker, Danny Cowling and Alex Bretherton.

Well part of my list as come to fruition with Patch Walker signing on, now for the other 2.

I would also love to see Johnny Campbell back at the Mount.

Cheers Roger.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great as he is can Bretherton do another season? I don't think he will 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Brev still looks agile and hungry. Whether his family still accommodate his career in the boots we shall see. He's been a valuable cog this year but I guess it depends if he still cuts the mustard next term

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Let's look at the 2017 squad; Squires, Hallett and Haward gone, O'Sullivan and Hill out on loan, so we're 5 down. (We don't have a great record on recalling loanees).

O'Sullivan cowling and Maher all trained last night. The 2 forwards will feature darn sarth probs

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Apologies for mixing my loan and DR...end result is they weren't here, until Brad got called in for Sunday. I was trying to make the point that we are light on our original 25 man squad. We took chances on a few flyers this time, 2 of which have actually featured less times than fingers of one hand, one who didn't have the temperament,  3 'season-long' loans which got rained on. No doubt there will be a couple who no longer fit into Disken's plans, one might call it a day. 2018's recruitment needs bloke's who will hit the ground running and put us back into the 'contender' category. That means recruiting from above,  not below again. IF, IF, we again fall into a DR, make it watertight.

31 minutes ago, phildog said:

Apologies for mixing my loan and DR...end result is they weren't here, until Brad got called in for Sunday. I was trying to make the point that we are light on our original 25 man squad. We took chances on a few flyers this time, 2 of which have actually featured less times than fingers of one hand, one who didn't have the temperament,  3 'season-long' loans which got rained on. No doubt there will be a couple who no longer fit into Disken's plans, one might call it a day. 2018's recruitment needs bloke's who will hit the ground running and put us back into the 'contender' category. That means recruiting from above,  not below again. IF, IF, we again fall into a DR, make it watertight.

How would you define 'watertight', Phildog?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

am going to wait until we know for sure who as signed this time round,, i get too exited at the thoughts of some players getting a mention(rumour) at the silly time a the season so best to wait me thinks, but couple a names thats been banded about will do me fine..:girlwah:

Although most signed two year deals till end of 2018 season the only one I'm confident of turning up next season  is Patch who signed for 2018 last week!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Hi there gang, that's why I only have put Patch Walker on my new Matrix for the 2018 Player Stats.

Heart tells me that there could be changes at 5,6,  turn round in props and one or two higher squad numbers. Don't see the whole squad staying allowing for some newcomers who will have been identified.

• 2 weeks later...

Cowling and Bravo yes, as I said before Hill and O'sullivan deserve another chance. Crookes always did well against us and don't reckon he's shirked owt since coming. We love all our players but can we use them ALL again yet improve? Sadly I think not and even though nearly all are contracted I think there will be an exit or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived