Crowd v Wolfpack

White Knight

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BD20Cougar said:

Fantastic result for you and for the league as a whole, well done! 

What was the attendance in the end? 

Not seen the official figure but would estimate around 2,350. The main stand was nearly full ( a few single seats were spare) and it holds just shy of 2,000. Reckon on about 500 in the David Longhurst. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

23 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Not seen the official figure but would estimate around 2,350. The main stand was nearly full ( a few single seats were spare) and it holds just shy of 2,000. Reckon on about 500 in the David Longhurst. 

Official attendance is 2,602, cracking result, fantastic crowd. Shows what can be done on and off the pitch. Great to see so many other team shirts there - Cas, Leeds, Bradford, Hull FC+KR. 

Onwards and upwards!

55 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Yes  2600 Jon flatman, James Ford and the players have unleashed a monster,2600 of them are now baying for more .

Let's make this season even more special.

Up the kneets.☺☺☺

P.s  sorry to the rest of u guys in the eights I think we have hurt this beast real bad today,the wolves will be hungry again.

Brilliant result for York and we beat Haven and are second in the league.We meet you at Craven Park on 20th August and I cannot go. We've beaten you twice this season but it'll be very tough for us this time. We still have to go Canada for a second time this season.

All the best for the super 8s and playoffs and promotion bu we are hopeful as well. We old established clubs want to get out of Ch1

8 hours ago, Shadow45 said:

Be careful which gate you  go through as there's no walking into the seats as you normally do if you enter through the Shipton Street End. Security personnel are been d1ckheads ?

Yeah what was that all about??? Terrific crowd, brilliant match but terrible pr to cut the two stands off from each other for no apparent reason.

Awesome today, apart from the 5 minutes after half time, great crowd hope the York public will be there in 2 weeks time. Listened to radio Leeds on way home in the car and Keighley coach was suggesting that Toronto did not send there strongest team over for the game.

46 minutes ago, paul said:

Awesome today, apart from the 5 minutes after half time, great crowd hope the York public will be there in 2 weeks time. Listened to radio Leeds on way home in the car and Keighley coach was suggesting that Toronto did not send there strongest team over for the game.

I don't who the Keighley coach thinks was missing. I can only think of Fleming, Burroughs, Dixon and Ngwati who didn't make the seventeen.

rldfsignature.jpg

53 minutes ago, paul said:

It said on tv it was their strongest squad.

22 hours ago, paul said:

Lingard ,should have been a politician always got an excuse, well i know we will be sending the strongest team we can when we play them next Sunday and Fordy will have the lads fired up for that game as well

come on ye Kneets

Regarding Craig Lingards comments, what he actually said was that the wolf pack have fielded weakened teams in their last few games but were back to full strength this weekend. The implication being that some players would be a bit rusty with it being their first game for a while.

He also said take nothing away from York because like the rest of us, he knows it's an unbelievable result. 

Hope to see plenty of you at Cougar Park on Sunday, if we play like we did in the second half of our last meeting it should be a cracker. 

We also had players left out, players who have played at the top end of the Championship in Tommy Saxton, Andy Ellis & Pat Smith. Jordan Cox who played 18 times for Warrington last year didn't play either. Added to players like Harry Carter & Ed Smith you could say we weren't even at full strength.

We also didn't use one of our subs so you could say we're only going to get better.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

We also had players left out, players who have played at the top end of the Championship in Tommy Saxton, Andy Ellis & Pat Smith. Jordan Cox who played 18 times for Warrington last year didn't play either. Added to players like Harry Carter & Ed Smith you could say we weren't even at full strength.

We also didn't use one of our subs so you could say we're only going to get better.

The beard suits you Simon!

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

3 hours ago, BD20Cougar said:

Regarding Craig Lingards comments, what he actually said was that the wolf pack have fielded weakened teams in their last few games but were back to full strength this weekend. The implication being that some players would be a bit rusty with it being their first game for a while.

He also said take nothing away from York because like the rest of us, he knows it's an unbelievable result. 

Hope to see plenty of you at Cougar Park on Sunday, if we play like we did in the second half of our last meeting it should be a cracker. 

Hope you don't play like you did in the 1st half, we don't want any of our players in hospital.

1 hour ago, White Knight said:

The beard suits you Simon!

Haha! Ta very much!

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Not sure the exact reason why the 2 stands were seperated from each other, but I imagine a big issue was if the main stand was full (and if the turnstile clickers showed that) and those turnstiles were shut, if you had free movement between the 2 stands, people could enter at the Longhurst turnstiles then attempt to go to the main stand which would be a big safety concern. Either way it will have been the safety officers decision and not York City Knights.

Otherwise I thought it ran fairly well off the pitch, there was a huge number of prebooked tickets but things went well with those, and a lot of previous seasons shirts were flying off the hangers as they were reduced to a fiver each. A pity programmes sold out about half an hour before the match though. Good to see so many other club shirts there - Bradford, Leeds, both Hull clubs, Cas.

One final thing, I spoke to about 20 Canadians in the club shop, most of whom said they live over here now and I saw maybe 150 fans in total wearing Toronto gear? It makes me think if they progress and keep on with their marketing and eventually reach Super League, they will have a bigger away support than a few traditional clubs.

3 hours ago, AB Knight said:

One final thing, I spoke to about 20 Canadians in the club shop, most of whom said they live over here now and I saw maybe 150 fans in total wearing Toronto gear? It makes me think if they progress and keep on with their marketing and eventually reach Super League, they will have a bigger away support than a few traditional clubs.

I said in another thread that Toronto bring people to their games over here that otherwise wouldn't be there. Be they UK based Wolfpack fans or lapsed/new fans of the opposition who want to see what the fuss is about.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived