championship 8's fixtures

redditchbulldog

See championship 8's fixtures delayed by a day due to quote 'operational issues'  , opening fixture to be now announced thursday  morning with rest of fixtures to be announced monday...RFL couldn't organize a orgy in a brothel ... you couldn't make it up!!!!!!!

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

What other organisation would have a system of fixtures the dates of which are unknown until they are about to start particularly with the 6 week school holiday period just starting so that no arrangements can definitely be made if supporters wish to attend every home match.

28 minutes ago, billybulldog said:

Does this meen they will not be a game this sunday??

Never was going to be a game this Sunday as its a free weekend for SL and Championship clubs as its CC semi finals and there is a full championship 1 qualifiers been played this weekend

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Crikey, you lot would criticise anything wouldn't you?

The RFL can't arrange the fixtures until they know who is in each group, which was only settled at 5.00 pm on Sunday (no doubt you all happily work Sunday nights). the, the tricky bit, they need to find out about ground availability for those clubs who are tenants of other organisations - Swinton, Rochdale, Oldham, Sheffield. this takes time and some negotiation on the part of those clubs.

How fast do you think you would have been able to do this yourselves?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

well yes i do happily work sunday nights as it means it chinese night and a quiet night in the main.

Re Availability of grounds for those that are tenants , they should have asked far in advance for dates that they wouldn't be available as RFL do ask those in the community clubs before sorting out fixtures, we are sent a pro-forma ( Midlands RL) weeks in advance so we can request which dates we dont want a home game arranged for as all clubs are tenants at this level.

Those clubs could and should have been asked last week as most of the positions in the league were done and dusted... and its strange that SL and Middle 8's have all had their fixtures with clubs in both of them been in same position as Swinton,Oldham etc as in Huddersfield,Halifax,Wigan,Hull FC

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Pretty quickly because I would have had a formula for the fixtures in place prior to the competition starting.

Plus the fact this isn't the first time the RFL have used this system, surely they could follow the same format as previous years?

Why would they want or need to change it?

Regarding the tenant situation, the clubs would know they had a maximum of 4 games at home in the playoffs, so surely it would make sense to book all 8 provisionally, advising 3 or 4 will be cancelled. Even if there were football games on etc. on a Sunday (they tend to be Saturday anyway) but it wouldn't interfere. So long as all of the games for that round are played on the same weekend, I don't see a problem, it didn't matter during the regular season, hence Halifax knowing they needed to win at HKR.

59 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Pretty quickly because I would have had a formula for the fixtures in place prior to the competition starting.

Plus the fact this isn't the first time the RFL have used this system, surely they could follow the same format as previous years?

Regarding the tenant situation, the clubs would know they had a maximum of 4 games at home in the playoffs, so surely it would make sense to book all 8 provisionally, advising 3 or 4 will be cancelled. Even if there were football games on etc. on a Sunday (they tend to be Saturday anyway) but it wouldn't interfere. So long as all of the games for that round are played on the same weekend, I don't see a problem, it didn't matter during the regular season, hence Halifax knowing they needed to win at HKR.

They were at home - we won't use your formula thanks all the same.

:tongue:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The fact that Swinton still have an outstanding winding up petition due to be heard next week may also have some bearing, I suspect.

4 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Ah , but someone might cock this up by requesting a home game on a specific date meaning the formula goes out of the window

IMG_0583.JPG

On 26/07/2017 at 6:11 PM, Batley Bob said:

Ah , but someone might cock this up by requesting a home game on a specific date meaning the formula goes out of the window

I'm not so sure how fair it would b,e if teams could pick and choose when they play certain teams. I'm pretty sure we'd have asked to give TO away a miss first game of this season if we had any say in it.

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Bang on

It was Bradford who requested a special day to play on...

The was called..

"Bradford get 2 points day"

I know I've seen it on the calendar, but don't know when it is ;)

On 26/07/2017 at 9:11 AM, redditchbulldog said:

See championship 8's fixtures delayed by a day due to quote 'operational issues'  , opening fixture to be now announced thursday  morning with rest of fixtures to be announced monday...RFL couldn't organize a orgy in a brothel ... you couldn't make it up!!!!!!!

So it is now Thursday afternoon and still nothing.

If so then egg on the face time for them as the first round was talked about this morning on BBC Radio 2.

A template could have been in place well in advance with say 5th v 9th etc etc so that teams would have had all options laid out in front of them and known all possibilities of necessary dates. This is just pathetic and shows the foolhardiness of clubs in the leagues who don't have their destinies in their own hands being at the mercy of landlords.

13 minutes ago, phildog said:

A template could have been in place well in advance with say 5th v 9th etc etc so that teams would have had all options laid out in front of them and known all possibilities of necessary dates. This is just pathetic and shows the foolhardiness of clubs in the leagues who don't have their destinies in their own hands being at the mercy of landlords.

.................or HMRC!

Just now, RogerT said:

HMRC for who?

See above.

Archived