Newcastle

The Voodooguru

5 hours ago, CASS said:

I was also at the game and I think Jamie and stu worked very well together thought it was one of stu best games , don't think people get knives out at all just voicing there opinions. 

Was Howarth at 6 then and Shelford at 13? I do think that makes a heap more sense to us keyboard coaches. I'd still have Forber on the bench to spell Jamie?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Here we go again--- night of the long knives.  The usual suspects looking to jettison a player with more than 1100 points on his Town c.v.  Jamie took over the kicking yesterday and got 3 from6. Pretty good for a stand-in but I'd wager Forber would have kicked them all. Keyboard assassins who weren't even at the game. Give it a rest .

No knives, the team looked more balanced that could be for a number of reasons, Callum back, Davies Getting back to full fitness, the right edge looked stronger. 

22 minutes ago, Oneday said:

Was Howarth at 6 then and Shelford at 13? I do think that makes a heap more sense to us keyboard coaches. I'd still have Forber on the bench to spell Jamie?

I personally thought he organised very well shelford was on bench perry was 13 

12 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Here we go again--- night of the long knives.  The usual suspects looking to jettison a player with more than 1100 points on his Town c.v.  Jamie took over the kicking yesterday and got 3 from6. Pretty good for a stand-in but I'd wager Forber would have kicked them all. Keyboard assassins who weren't even at the game. Give it a rest .

Good god change the record. You've been to an away game, well played. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

14 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

No knives  really. Things needed freshening up and no one is guarenteed a shirt. The keighley home match could have been won if not for missed kicks.??

8 minutes ago, town4me said:

No knives  really. Things needed freshening up and no one is guarenteed a shirt. The keighley home match could have been won if not for missed kicks.??

And plenty more over the years that have been rescued purely on superlative kicking. ?

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Since you bring it up I've probably been to more away games than you've been to D.P.----- in fact I guarantee it!  

Im sure you have. Im struggling to see you point here? Ive supported town for the last 23 years, been to every home game I could physically get to in that time. I must apologise to not cancelling holidays, christenings, etc like you obviously do to follow them

2 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

And plenty more over the years that have been rescued purely on superlative kicking. ?

Yes they have been rescued. This one obviously didn't need rescued with kicks as the freshening up appears to have  worked wonders. ??

36 minutes ago, town4me said:

Yes they have been rescued. This one obviously didn't need rescued with kicks as the freshening up appears to have  worked wonders. ??

At 14 apiece at half time it could have gone either way. Newcastle continuously shot themselves in the feet with dissent and foul play and Town were good enough to capitalise on their indiscipline. Appearances can be deceptive--- no substitute for first hand observation?

3 hours ago, wonky said:

Im sure you have. Im struggling to see you point here? Ive supported town for the last 23 years, been to every home game I could physically get to in that time. I must apologise to not cancelling holidays, christenings, etc like you obviously do to follow them

They say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Hmmm--- I'm beginning to wonder.......?

25 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

At 14 apiece at half time it could have gone either way. Newcastle continuously shot themselves in the feet with dissent and foul play and Town were good enough to capitalise on their indiscipline. Appearances can be deceptive--- no substitute for first hand observation?

I'll take 3 from 6 kicks if it means lots more creativity like sunday. The halves have needed freshened up for a while and i hope DC stays with it for the rest of the 8's.  Don't  change a winning side.

2 minutes ago, town4me said:

I'll take 3 from 6 kicks if it means lots more creativity like sunday. The halves have needed freshened up for a while and i hope DC stays with it for the rest of the 8's.  Don't  change a winning side.

Youll be in the bad books to suggest change mate. 

13 minutes ago, wonky said:

Youll be in the bad books to suggest change mate. 

Yeah I probably will be wonky. However i have been of the opinion that seaton sandys mate needs a spell on the bench for a while  and we need a change in the halves. Whilst of course not forgetting his contributions to the squad.

34 minutes ago, town4me said:

Yeah I probably will be wonky. However i have been of the opinion that seaton sandys mate needs a spell on the bench for a while  and we need a change in the halves. Whilst of course not forgetting his contributions to the squad.

Just for the record - I have only once spoken to Carl, back in the Charlo era when - on a sweltering hot day - the lad had turned up expecting to play but got to carry water on instead. I told him that I.M.H.O he was too talented to be doing that. I think his contributions to the cause since then have proved his value in many respects- not just his prodigious goal tally but - when allowed to play his natural game- his creativity which has resulted in many vital tries. But hey, that's just me sticking up for a great club man  and his points tally which stacks (no pun intended) up with the greats in Towns history. Nevertheless I must succumb to the combined wisdom of you guys--- you can slope off into the bike sheds now and trade your Pokemon cards.

Nobodies guaranteed there place that's how any successful team has to operate. I'm sure when Carl gets his chance he'll take it with both hands 

In the meantime well done to the lads for a great victory on Sunday and hopefully a good display Sunday coming to keep building momentum

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

5 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Nobodies guaranteed there place that's how any successful team has to operate. I'm sure when Carl gets his chance he'll take it with both hands 

In the meantime well done to the lads for a great victory on Sunday and hopefully a good display Sunday coming to keep building momentum

Yeh come on boys let's just celebrate Sundays unexpected win we all know what a great club man Carl is and hopefully will continue to knock em over like he has done over the years, but if the shake up on Sunday worked then so be it, Carl wasn't dropped let's all just move on and get behind the club.

The thing is no one has slagged carl off at all. He hadn't been great the last couple of games, so should have been moved to one side for someone else to stake a claim. Others have escaped that punishment over the season due to lack of options, big brett and Jason being prime candidates. But have upped there games over recent weeks, especially brett. But totally agree Stuart and Jamie must stay there on Sunday 

10 minutes ago, GETEMONSIDE said:

This is a forum and a forum is about opinions.

Here's mine. I can't see how the coach can bring Carl back into the starting line up on Sunday.

That is all.

10 minutes ago, GETEMONSIDE said:

This is a forum and a forum is about opinions.

Here's mine. I can't see how the coach can bring Carl back into the starting line up on Sunday.

That is all.

Well if his injury still persists then his selection options are academic. Loyalty is a mercurial virtue--- always at it's lowest ebb when times are hard .Some players have it in spades --- some so- called fans are guilty of selective memory. When this season has petered out and we need to take stock of where we are and where we might be going it will be interesting to see which of the current squad are still on board. Be careful of what you wish for. 

17 minutes ago, wonky said:

The thing is no one has slagged carl off at all. He hadn't been great the last couple of games, so should have been moved to one side for someone else to stake a claim. Others have escaped that punishment over the season due to lack of options, big brett and Jason being prime candidates. But have upped there games over recent weeks, especially brett. But totally agree Stuart and Jamie must stay there on Sunday 

Exactly wonky. The lad has pulled games out of the bag with DG's and the trusted boot but lately maybe a change was needed and enforced by  injury on sunday. he will remain an important part of the squad and no ones slagged him off. Its a squad game and the  change in halves proved posotive.

13 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Well if his injury still persists then his selection options are academic. Loyalty is a mercurial virtue--- always at it's lowest ebb when times are hard .Some players have it in spades --- some so- called fans are guilty of selective memory. When this season has petered out and we need to take stock of where we are and where we might be going it will be interesting to see which of the current squad are still on board. Be careful of what you wish for. 

this post contradicts itself , how can you suggest that a clubs most loyal of the loyal would then walk away if they happened to be not in the quad for a game or 2 ? surely carl is far more professional than what you seem to be implying ?

46 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

FFS stop making an issue out of nothing, nobody on here has had a go at Carl, we all hope he is with us next season along with the rest of the squad. 

Archived