Gareth Moore

ernieone

More clubs than tiger woods

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

4 hours ago, ernieone said:

In the Press it says Moore has signed a 2 year contract up the road at the Rams. 

his usual life span....club span.....it'll do him good.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

56 minutes ago, coolie said:

Is it the same Gareth Moore you've been trying to sign?? 

Take it there's been no sugar delivery to your vineyard this week?? 

;)

Exactly coolie same fans slagging him when they won northern final, nope thought not.

I personally would of welcomed Gareth back but if his choice is to sign for the Rams then so be it. Narrows the choice down but I am sure the club will do there best to sign the players needed to improve our position for next season.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

57 minutes ago, ernieone said:

I personally would of welcomed Gareth back but if his choice is to sign for the Rams then so be it. Narrows the choice down but I am sure the club will do there best to sign the players needed to improve our position for next season.

Surely that's what every club is doing: striving to improve their position next season. Sadly maths and history prove that it isn't a given for every club and some, no names no pack drill, may have to be content with where they are.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 29/07/2017 at 9:48 AM, JimbobRam said:

Exactly coolie same fans slagging him when they won northern final, nope thought not.

I'm not sure you will find too many slagging him off, Moore is a decent player, just not what we need in our side at the moment. we need to get a running halfback to take the defensive line on, another Ben Black or Glen Tomlinson type. It is going to cost to get that sort of player, but that is what we need along with maybe 2 or 3 other quality players as mentioned in a previous post.

We have a decent side, but the balance isn't quite right currently and it has cost us this season, I still think if we had done as well out of DR as Featherstone, we would be in the middle 8's. We needed the quality of Holmes, Minikin and Hitchcox in the side, but we didn't... ...c'est la vie. I just hope we learn from it and move on.

I'd also personally like us to sign Dion Aiye from Whitehaven, I've always really rated him, but as I understand it, he has a decent job at Sellafield so he may be unwilling to move. But the fact is, Whitehaven have managed to uncover him, there must be others like him out there too, so we should be able to find one if we look hard enough.

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Is it the same Gareth Moore you've been trying to sign?? 

Take it there's been no sugar delivery to your vineyard this week?? 

;)

No.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Gareth did good for us at mount and i was talking to him a few weeks ago when he was out with shoulder injury and he told me he did offer his services back to us but was declined.

let me tell you from someone who knows facts (and not absolute tosh like this - I mean even if it was true would anyone actually admit that lol ). I suggest you ask Kevin Nicholas, he's an honest enough bloke to tell the fans that he has tried everything he can personally and financially to bring him back to the mount for next season. The fact is Batley as a club has, and will always be special to him (even ignoring the haters who call for his legs to be snapped ) but leaving it to your imaginations there are other factors in his decision to stay put.

2 hours ago, Deano44 said:

let me tell you from someone who knows facts (and not absolute tosh like this - I mean even if it was true would anyone actually admit that lol ). I suggest you ask Kevin Nicholas, he's an honest enough bloke to tell the fans that he has tried everything he can personally and financially to bring him back to the mount for next season. The fact is Batley as a club has, and will always be special to him (even ignoring the haters who call for his legs to be snapped ) but leaving it to your imaginations there are other factors in his decision to stay put.

Im not saying it is tosh but thats what he said to us, could be abit of a joke from moorey, and he said he asked iro,but i never hated him i liked the lad and would have him back deffo 2moz

28 minutes ago, billybulldog said:

Dont think the young lad would be lying to stevieb as it could just be in jest that gareth said that, i.e.i asked and they dont want me, imo of course.

And imo of course, no disrespect to mr nicholas, i have never met an honest soliciter in 66yrs of being alive ha ha they get paid to lie

4 hours ago, Deano44 said:

Well said mate.

I talk to Gareth Moore quite often and he'll admit it to anybody that he's got a special affinity towards Batley.

On 29 July 2017 at 2:48 PM, billybulldog said:

And imo of course, no disrespect to mr nicholas, i have never met an honest soliciter in 66yrs of being alive ha ha they get paid to lie

Thought lawyers (in court) took on that mantle, not solicitors.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, billybulldog said:

Dont solicitors appear in court, imo of course i thought they did??

Thought solicitors in court were only desk men (or women) and therefore not heard to lie, unlike lawyers whose pronouncements could be so.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I thought this was a Rugby League Forum :negative: 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived