Hull FC sign duo

There are, as usual, some highlight reels on YouTube. Faraimo looks strong and fairly quick.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Wasn't he playing on the wing for Parra the other week and they were talking about the havoc he'd caused in lower grades ? Big strong guy who was an eye catcher in the WC

Seems a big lump.

Mods: can this and OFs thread be merged please?

Just delete mine, no problem.

I took too long trying to spell his name right. 

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Not so sure about him, 2nd time around.  Taylor, Watts, Bowden and Green are doing well imo. Brad Fash coming on.

But the 'smoking gun', seems he could be right up Hulls street.

Yeah that was my concern although 31 isn't that old. I was more thinking how they'd fit him into their overseas quota........am guessing Minichello has an Italian passport?

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

am guessing Minichello has an Italian passport?

If he has I hope his name on it is spelt better than you've managed. :smile:

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I kept thinking of that guy that played the Hulk

Lou Ferrigno...ish?

48 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Yeah that was my concern although 31 isn't that old. I was more thinking how they'd fit him into their overseas quota........am guessing Minichello has an Italian passport?

Probably.  Who knows these days.  Willie Mason was a Samoan/Tongan\Kiwi/Australian, so just once nationality is nay bother.

I think Paea has had, more or less, a year off at the Knights.  And in a losing side, that he couldn't get a game, would be a worry for me.  I hope he's coming to have a dig.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I kept thinking of that guy that played the Hulk

Please stick to Rugby and keep your Bill Bixby fetish for the AOB Forum. ;)

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

11 hours ago, DavidM said:

Is it not a worry that Paea hasn't been able to get a gig at the Knights ?

Barely played and when he has been pretty anonymous.  Coming back to SL may invigorate him but on current form, not sure he's worth a contract. 

It's at a team like the Knights where good players come to the fore and the average ones are shown up. The likes of Ross and Gagai stand out in a poor team, Paea and many others (sadly also like Wardle) go missing.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

18 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Maybe the academy isn't doing its job? 

Naughty.

We've had a few kids come through the academy to make their SL debuts in the forwards over the last 2-3 years who are still at the club, plus the likes of Josh Bowden who is now, as you could see last Saturday, very much a first team regular. Turgut, Fash Downs and Matongo have made the grade to first team squad and have played plenty of SL football between them. Admittedly we fall some distance short of the Wigan production line but so do most clubs.

Can't say I was over impressed with the rumours and subsequent announcement of Paea's signature but, as everyone knows on here, in Radford I trust. :ph34r:

He'll have to step up a bit in performance from his last efforts in a Hull shirt but we're a bit better now so I suppose that will make it easier for him.

As to Faraimo, he's obviously been signed as a direct replacement for Fonua and certainly looks the part. Big, fast and strong, he fits the Radford mould perfectly, let's hope his attitude is where it should be as we'll have one hell of a player if so.

Archived