George Tyson....

roughyed34

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

Moores of Hornets got 1 match after taking an EGP for the same incident. On the bright side, at least George will have a bit of extra time to work on the knee problem and come back fresh.

True and a good way to look at it. Question is who fills his spot? Grimmer the obvious choice if fit

34 minutes ago, BryanC said:

Good player, but a total liability who needs to grow up. He's become a bit of an embarrassment to be honest. Better off getting shut after this season.

He's a young lad who is learning fast. He was hit first and retaliated. What's he supposed to do, become a punch bag? 

George is a beast, playing on one leg he still manages to put a shift in. Aggression is one thing this team lacks in some respects but we look a far more robust side with him in it. Commitment second to none,highlighted for me when he chased down Kevin Penny near the end of the Hornets game. Chris Riley was shouting all game to his Hornets team mates to "get Tyson,he is injured" next minute George bulldozes 40m. Not bad for a crock ?. If we manage to survive he would be very near the top of my retained list.

He will learn to control the aggression as he matures, we know teams target him but tbh if you take that bit of mongrel out of him it would diminish his game imho.

I was sat right facing the incident when Crowley was bungled in to touch by about three Oldham players. the Oldham players got up and started congratulating one another Crowley then through a punch at Sammy gee Tyson was just stood there then the other Rochdale player ran in and punched Tyson. Tyson then retaliated with about six punches how the linesman missed the Crowley punch astounds me as he was about a yard away and it was impossible to miss it Crowley started the melee and got nothing.

8 hours ago, tandle said:

I was sat right facing the incident when Crowley was bungled in to touch by about three Oldham players. the Oldham players got up and started congratulating one another Crowley then through a punch at Sammy gee Tyson was just stood there then the other Rochdale player ran in and punched Tyson. Tyson then retaliated with about six punches how the linesman missed the Crowley punch astounds me as he was about a yard away and it was impossible to miss it Crowley started the melee and got nothing.

I went for a pint so missed the incident, if that's the case its George's reputation that's got him 2 games. Quite how he got done for running in and punching i don't know.

howard no way was Tyson involved until the hornets player made a be line for him Tyson was stood with his hands by is side he was not involved the hornets came from behind the melee and smacked tyson in the face that's when he retaliated he did throw several punches as you say prejudged and I do not have rose tainted glasses.

10 hours ago, tandle said:

That's how i saw it but was on the opposite side of the pitch. Wondered if i'd missed something in Sammy's tackle. 

The incident happened right in front of me and George should have just walked away, hairnet players know to target him and he falls for it every time. We have such a small squad he cannot afford to lose our key players and Tyson falls into that category...be smart!!

Archived