Whitebank, vestacare stadium

moorside roughyed

If you go down to visit. Look out for the orange markings at the side of the pitch. They show where the touchlines and all other marking would be. It's far safer than other grounds for Rugby league. Personally i'd prefer to stay at Bower Fold but if Whitebank is free i could understand the move. There's still the issues of more stands and facilities though!

DCc4qKqXUAAgH1-.jpgThat wall,barely 2m from the touchline..is far from safe!

its all well and good the RFL letting us off for not having enough seats or the capacity being under the required amount but they won't mess about when it comes to the health & safety of the players...if the RFL relax the perimeter guidelines and then a player slides into that wall and breaks his neck the RFL might as well hand the injured player the RFL bank account and sort code and tell them to empty it lol

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Might be a ridiculous question this.

Looking at the "brick wall", it looks like it's composed of two layers. The outer layer wouldn't happen to be a soft compound designed to look like brickwork, would it?

4 hours ago, BryanC said:

Might be a ridiculous question this.

Looking at the "brick wall", it looks like it's composed of two layers. The outer layer wouldn't happen to be a soft compound designed to look like brickwork, would it?

I would doubt it to be honest

5 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

its all well and good the RFL letting us off for not having enough seats or the capacity being under the required amount but they won't mess about when it comes to the health & safety of the players...if the RFL relax the perimeter guidelines and then a player slides into that wall and breaks his neck the RFL might as well hand the injured player the RFL bank account and sort code and tell them to empty it lol

That sure looks like a brick wall to me and if I am right I question if that is safe for football let alone rugby league.And if that is brick then in my opinion the HSE should order that to be removed 

5 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Please read my earlier post. That is not where the touchline for the rugby is going to be. But agree a wall is a wall! 

the wall is made of marshallite pressed concrete brick usually used to build ornamental garden walls topped off with concrete copings. so if we have to narrow the pitch width for rugby anybody know how wide it will become. because playing on a narrow pitch at home and wide pitches away will be a disaster.

21 minutes ago, tandle said:

the wall is made of marshallite pressed concrete brick usually used to build ornamental garden walls topped off with concrete copings. so if we have to narrow the pitch width for rugby anybody know how wide it will become. because playing on a narrow pitch at home and wide pitches away will be a disaster.

We've been playing on a narrow pitch at home and wider pitch away for 20+ year's ?

There are lower metal railings on turnstile side and elsewhere.I honestly believe the surface would be too small for RL both in length and width if a safe area around the pitch perimeter was factored in.

It always seems to be lack of communication and forward planning but it does effectively keep avro`s large investment safe I surmise...

Wonder what Rugby Oldham have gleaned...mind you their website has been down for an age now! and it will be situation normal in any case.

The pitch is longer and wider than when we played their previously. I certainly don't want to sell the place, i'm very happy at Bower Fold but i think the pitch will be big enough. Hopefully it will just provide a training pitch for free.Or small rent to AVRO's

Didn't there used to be an area in front of the stand previously? You are probably far more clued up on the dimensions than me but that's what i'm told and looking at the pitch, it looks longer and wider than before. 

17 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

That sure looks like a brick wall to me and if I am right I question if that is safe for football let alone rugby league.And if that is brick then in my opinion the HSE should order that to be removed 

I agree, it's hardly safe for football. I've seen wingers put that far into touch in the old slide tackle days. Even today that's hazardous.

20 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

The only way to be sure if it's brick or not is to bang your Yed against it, mind, you've been doing that for years LOL

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

23 hours ago, Yed17 said:

I can confirm it's a brick wall ;)

Yed17, I can confirm I have elevated you to one of my all time hero's, there should be space on the wall of the hall of fame for that little gem. Thank you. LOL.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Archived