Bradford relegated

Exactly, completely pointless season. I hope the owners are forced into revealing some sort of plan for the club now, but I won't hold my breath. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Yes just posted about this on the Shield thread

I haven't been for a few weeks and won't be going again this season. Right now I probably won't be going in 2018. Not because we have been relegated - we all knew that would happen this season anyway - but because the so-called owners of our club - one who hasn't been anywhere near Odsal since supposedly buying the club, the other who never says anything about why he bought the club and what he wants to do with it - deign to let us know what their plans are for the future

The constant vibes that there are some sort of underhand plans for us not to be relegated and therefore this season has been a total sham, just adds to that feeling of detachment and disillusionment

And I speak as a long term season ticket holder and regular supporter since the mid 1970s (first game with my dad in 1968). So very far from being 'a glory seeker'...

5 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

lets see what the RFL come up with.....

It hasn't been fair on anyone doing this to Bradford, I think they didn't relegate them as they feared they might get in the way of Toronto coming up

Sorry that is a bit far fetched (there are also 2 promotion spots available in L1). The problem was that they could not run the 3x8s system with 11 teams in the Championship. Apparently none of the L1 candidates wanted to come up either plus York weren't even in the L1 fixture list a few weeks before the season. 

It was a right royal mess all round but regardless the Bulls should have been allowed to build from the bottom up. Who knows, they could have been playing Toronto this week in the promotion hunt with 6k at Odsal. That would have brought some feelgood factor back at least. Shame on everyone really.

31 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

Just confirming what we knew would happen at the start of the season

Who is the "we"?

The overwhelming view expressed on here at the time was that everything would be fine for Bradford - often expressed with a considerable dose of anger, and vitriol directed at Bulls supporters.  Even though the latter kept saying Bulls 4.0 should not play in the Championship.

It was pretty well only the Bulls supporters who warned that this was precisely what was like0ly to happen - and gave considered reasoning which events have proved was pretty well spot on.

The RFL effectively selected the only bidder that was not able or willing to put any real money in, and at the same time imposed conditions that only serious money could overcome.  Why would this be?

Surely nothing to do with the RFL wanting to hang on to the stadium site? 

I wonder if, in the next few months, we will see the real reason revealed?  And if anyone on here called it right?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Not a surprise, but heartbreaking nonetheless to see a powerhouse of the game fall from grace so rapidly.

All the conspiracy theories regarding Toronto are nonsense. From the looks of Bradford this year, they would have been blown away just like everyone else.

I truly do hope that The Bulls can make it back to the top.

So sad to see a massive club like Bradford in such free fall. I guess players like Ryan, Bentley, roache etc will now leave the club.

Just now, walter sobchak said:

So sad to see a massive club like Bradford in such free fall. I guess players like Ryan, Bentley, roache etc will now leave the club.

Or Toovey could do the decent thing and resign (releasing his salary to try and keep some of the decent squad members). What is he at this gig for anyway? 

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Or Toovey could do the decent thing and resign (releasing his salary to try and keep some of the decent squad members). What is he at this gig for anyway? 

Money. But you can't really lay the blame at him(toovey). That being said those 3 players are far to good to be playing in league 1. All 3 are super league standard players.

A wasted year for Bradford. The next year is massive. They need to build a foundation that will help them progress not just next year, but in the longer term. They have some good youngsters but they need some experience in there.

I am not sure Toovey is the right Person to coach at this level. I think they need both players and a coach who understands the game, the teams and players at this level.

Hopefully this is the Level where Bradford can rebuild for the future. Currently they bring nothing to the Championship let alone SL. They need to have a framework that helps them to build for the next few years. Bradford have alot of potential and if done correct ly should be back in SL soon. But if they Dont get things right they could keep on struggling for many years

No way he would leave Fax who are building something decent for the basket case at Odsal. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

28 minutes ago, Ant said:

This is when Bradford fans need to stick to their club, if they keep going then the gate money they bring in will bring in the best players and lift them up

Easier said than done. Look at the people who are end of the tether with the club - it isn't your ten a penny foam sponge finger owners who ditched it the first year we didn't win any silverware, it's people who have been with the club through thick and thin - who were there at the clubs last lowest ebb in the 60s. The current fans have stuck through it with three administrations, a liquidation, two relegations, more owners than you can list. The fans shouldn't be asked to do any more, theyve done bloody enough. But of course, the fans are the lifeblood of any club. But what exactly are we "fans" of? The owners dont care, why should we. There is no sense of direction, of urgency, no engagement no anything. You might as well put "to Bradford Bulls" on a twenty quid note and flush it down the toilet every other week, it would be more enjoyable. 

SQL Honours

2 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Just 2,753 hardy souls there today scattered around the wide open spaces of Odsal

Still a good attendance compared to some SL clubs !!! all is not lost tho, the Canadian's  are coming up and the RL have there wish, keep fighting on guys, good luck next year.

41 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

Easier said than done. Look at the people who are end of the tether with the club - it isn't your ten a penny foam sponge finger owners who ditched it the first year we didn't win any silverware, it's people who have been with the club through thick and thin - who were there at the clubs last lowest ebb in the 60s. The current fans have stuck through it with three administrations, a liquidation, two relegations, more owners than you can list. The fans shouldn't be asked to do any more, theyve done bloody enough. But of course, the fans are the lifeblood of any club. But what exactly are we "fans" of? The owners dont care, why should we. There is no sense of direction, of urgency, no engagement no anything. You might as well put "to Bradford Bulls" on a twenty quid note and flush it down the toilet every other week, it would be more enjoyable. 

I understand your frustration, I really do 

Do you give up on the game? Go watch another club?

So the "penalty" the RFL have them was just about right then..

Option 1 - relegated them to league one,Bradford have a decent chance of at least finishing 2nd in league one and a chance of instant promotion back to the championship,while the team that replaced Bradford in the championship at a 4-5 weeks notice,where doomed to struggle this season with almost certain relegation....(who's being punished there?)

Or

Option 2 - leave Bradford in the championship,cos it's only 4-5 week before the start of the season,deduct 12 points from them,Doom Bradford to struggle this season,almost certain relegation,punish Bradford and Bradford alone!...

Well done the RFL,they got it just about right for once,until they move the goal posts that'll see Bradford not relegated...I'm done with RL if that happens

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

37 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Still a good attendance compared to some SL clubs !!! all is not lost tho, the Canadian's  are coming up and the RL have there wish, keep fighting on guys, good luck next year.

Oh dear. There's not a lot I find myself agreeing with here, other than to wish them luck in reversing so many of the wrongs they have presided over. 

3 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

So the "penalty" the RFL have them was just about right then..

Option 1 - relegated them to league one,Bradford have a decent chance of at least finishing 2nd in league one and a chance of instant promotion back to the championship,while the team that replaced Bradford in the championship at a 4-5 weeks notice,where doomed to struggle this season with almost certain relegation....(who's being punished there?)

Or

Option 2 - leave Bradford in the championship,cos it's only 4-5 week before the start of the season,deduct 12 points from them,Doom Bradford to struggle this season,almost certain relegation,punish Bradford and Bradford alone!...

Well done the RFL,they got it just about right for once,until they move the goal posts that'll see Bradford not relegated...I'm done with RL if that happens

I don't think you will be alone about being done with Rugby League if Bradford don't get relegated, but i wont be one of them, but i understand the sentiment behind it. I just have feeling that the RFL with all what they have done for the Bulls will change the rules yet again so they are playing in the Championship next season

Archived