Hull League

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, Marauder said:

May be the players are voting with their feet and saying they want to play in the winter

Why did they enter the summer league .

Someone must have asked the players/volunteers if they wanted a crack at the league . Feed back must have been a yes (maybe not ) , unless communication between people within the club wasn't up to much . 

Still a poor show if they cant get out of Hull twice a month 

23 hours ago, henage said:

Why did they enter the summer league .

Someone must have asked the players/volunteers if they wanted a crack at the league . Feed back must have been a yes (maybe not ) , unless communication between people within the club wasn't up to much . 

Still a poor show if they cant get out of Hull twice a month 

Don't try it you don't know if it suits you

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

It will be the same as the last few years, Once the NCL teams start training in Jan/Feb teams will struggle again. The Hull league needs to get in line with the rest of the leagues. They need to play the same time as the NCL teams. I'm sure the NCL teams would enter there A teams in the Hull league if it ran the same time as the first teams season, This would then strengthen the league.

1 hour ago, MJL said:

It will be the same as the last few years, Once the NCL teams start training in Jan/Feb teams will struggle again. The Hull league needs to get in line with the rest of the leagues. They need to play the same time as the NCL teams. I'm sure the NCL teams would enter there A teams in the Hull league if it ran the same time as the first teams season, This would then strengthen the league.

Why should they fall into a place where 90% of the teams are struggling to field a team and most of the NCL teams can no longer field a 2nd team and the 18's have long gone. It's a good job the Union lads go for a jolly in the summer otherwise it would be very poor reading.

1 minute ago, bowes said:

Too many clubs drop out of the summer leagues, but the drop out rate from the winter leagues is far higher still

That's simply because a young man can now play all year round, back in the day you used to be asking when the next game and who we've got as you walked off of the field, today a player could go on a world cruise and know he'd get a game when he got back, even though we've less teams playing the opportunity to get a game is far greater during the 12 months of the year.

22 hours ago, Marauder said:

Why should they fall into a place where 90% of the teams are struggling to field a team and most of the NCL teams can no longer field a 2nd team and the 18's have long gone. It's a good job the Union lads go for a jolly in the summer otherwise it would be very poor reading.

I'm not saying they should fall in line as such (I prefer the winter season) I just feel the amateur game should all be played in the same season either winter or summer. only then will we get some stability, as at the moment you get a few kids from NCL teams and also some semi pro teams who come and play winter but are never able to play all season due to other commitments, the team then struggles for players and are unable to fulfil the fixtures. If we all played at the same time teams would know the number of players they have for the forth coming season, granted a few teams may fold (there players would hopefully strengthen other teams) but at least we may have some stability and complete a season without losing several teams dropping out then reforming the following season. The long and the short is Hull can no longer support the number of amateur teams it once had either in the Hull and district or at conference level. maybe the answer is to merge certain clubs and strengthen the league that way. 

47 minutes ago, MJL said:

I'm not saying they should fall in line as such (I prefer the winter season) I just feel the amateur game should all be played in the same season either winter or summer. only then will we get some stability, as at the moment you get a few kids from NCL teams and also some semi pro teams who come and play winter but are never able to play all season due to other commitments, the team then struggles for players and are unable to fulfil the fixtures. If we all played at the same time teams would know the number of players they have for the forth coming season, granted a few teams may fold (there players would hopefully strengthen other teams) but at least we may have some stability and complete a season without losing several teams dropping out then reforming the following season. The long and the short is Hull can no longer support the number of amateur teams it once had either in the Hull and district or at conference level. maybe the answer is to merge certain clubs and strengthen the league that way. 

Switch to Summer and you will have that many players you won't know what to do with them (David Gent) 

And now the talk is merger as a solution

On 16/08/2017 at 4:42 PM, Hullfan said:

NHK have folded

It appears they have left the YML but applied to enter the Hull league, apparently only 10 clubs have applied (will all make it) but there was a vote to allow a team from York and Scarborough to join with only one club against

1 hour ago, Defender1 said:

Switch to Summer and you will have that many players you won't know what to do with them (David Gent) 

And now the talk is merger as a solution

I was never in favour of switching to summer and believe it has ruined the amateur  game.  But we now have to deal with the hand we are dealt. The Hull area no longer has enough players to support the number of teams we used to have.  So if not merging some clubs together (only the clubs who are struggling for players) then what do we do? I can't remember the last time the Hull league completed a season without clubs dropping out and not been able to fulfil the fixture list.  I would rather have a league of say 8 or 10 teams that all have the ability to play a full season then two leagues of 8  and half the teams drop out. 

Archived