Hull League

1 hour ago, henage said:

I think the problem you might have is you will have good ideas ,  different ways to do things that might be a better way than what's happening now etc etc .

You will fight for your ideas but will be beaten down over time .

Someone who is coaching a youth team suggested to the league splitting the league into two sections , as half the teams where getting hammered every other week .

Then if any teams showed big improvements let them have another go at the elite teams .

He received an email from the league saying this wont be happening and maybe it was down top poor coaching and he needed to up his game (in as many words)

The coach who in the passed took a team from 8s to the national league (u18s) then onto open age wasn't to pleased , maybe another volunteer to walk away from the game . If he hasn't all ready as last time I spoke to him he was a little p----d off to say the least .  

Youth and Open age have separate committees 

I agree there have been plenty of suggestions in the past that were ignored especially the youth as they seem to have a way of getting things over and getting the majority on side even if it does go to a vote

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the open age league is looking at 10 -12 teams maybe the committee need to stand down and force new people to step forward .

Seeing local open age rugby in a downward spiral is heart breaking .

Maybe not having anywhere to generate an income from (club house own pitches etc  ) is effecting lots of Hull clubs .

A few clubs have good set ups but most are run on a shoe string , playing on school/council pitches .

2 hours ago, henage said:

If the open age league is looking at 10 -12 teams maybe the committee need to stand down and force new people to step forward .

Seeing local open age rugby in a downward spiral is heart breaking .

Maybe not having anywhere to generate an income from (club house own pitches etc  ) is effecting lots of Hull clubs .

A few clubs have good set ups but most are run on a shoe string , playing on school/council pitches .

Unfortunately you are right

• 3 weeks later...

I know they were looking at entering a team, but the majority of the players have already committed to going back to their winter teams, a lot of lads play for Lambwath, a few play union for marist.

So my question is what happens when the conference teams start training again? Its ok starting the season late but what about the end of the season teams will still lose players once the ncl teams start training.  Its ok saying not a lot of conference players play in the hull league but the fact is they do and not just conference players. Nev Morrison, Liam Welham and a few other come down from the championship to play with there mates through the winter, a few west hull lads turn out for brownlies and tuns, Beverley players play for NHK etc. Once the summer teams start training teams lose players and games get cancelled.

You could argue the other way as well as whoever holds the registration holds the cards and if the their team is doing well Norland had to start late as some of their players played for Tuns, there were issues with Brownies and West Hull going from Winter to summer.

On another thread "are there enough players" I don't think there are especially for 2 seasons I think there should only be 1 

Sadly I think it is a sign of things to come. Another season when teams will fold half way through the season due to lack of players or players returning to their summer clubs. As I have said before the only way forward I see is for the amateur game to all play the same season, at least that way the Hull league will probably get the a teams for the conference teams back and clubs can have some stability player wise and know roughly who you have got for the season. 

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, MJL said:

I know they were looking at entering a team, but the majority of the players have already committed to going back to their winter teams, a lot of lads play for Lambwath, a few play union for marist.

So my question is what happens when the conference teams start training again? Its ok starting the season late but what about the end of the season teams will still lose players once the ncl teams start training.  Its ok saying not a lot of conference players play in the hull league but the fact is they do and not just conference players. Nev Morrison, Liam Welham and a few other come down from the championship to play with there mates through the winter, a few west hull lads turn out for brownlies and tuns, Beverley players play for NHK etc. Once the summer teams start training teams lose players and games get cancelled.

But this happens both ways and the player belongs (for the use of a word) to the last team he has signed for, he then has to transfer back to which ever club he wants to go to.

I wouldn't be looking at ways of restricting player movement, instead I'd be looking at making the competition more attractive to the players.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:03 PM, Defender1 said:

You could argue the other way as well as whoever holds the registration holds the cards and if the their team is doing well Norland had to start late as some of their players played for Tuns, there were issues with Brownies and West Hull going from Winter to summer.

On another thread "are there enough players" I don't think there are especially for 2 seasons I think there should only be 1 

When we first ran a team in the summer (2004) the CMS Yorkshire league allowed us to start our fixtures a few weeks later than the start date. What has been achieved by the RFL tempting amateurs into the glorious summer is four sets of amateur players, 1/ will only play in the winter, 2/ will  only play in the summer,  3/ will play all year round and 4/ will pick and choose when he wants a game.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

I also heard Myton U13s had to play Cottingham on Friday as Cottingham cannot raise a team on a Sunday due to their players playing Rugby Union, guess where the game took place Hullensians Rugby Union under their flood lights where players from both teams will be playing in the RU season

17 hours ago, Marauder said:

But this happens both ways and the player belongs (for the use of a word) to the last team he has signed for, he then has to transfer back to which ever club he wants to go to.

I wouldn't be looking at ways of restricting player movement, instead I'd be looking at making the competition more attractive to the players.

That's the problem the Hull league is not an attractive option, games called off every other week, very poor refereeing, a committee that is out of touch with current players. The  annual east v west game is a joke,

But instead of being negative here is a few ideas to freshen it up.

1. why not get in touch with COHA see if any of the academy players fancy trying refereeing, not all of them will make it as a pro and refereeing may be another career option for them at least it would be fresh blood and fresh ideas.

2. why not make the east v west game a 3 game series , but have the games played as curtain raiser for fc/kr games maybe even have one before a derby (every player in the league would want to play in that)

3. have a  hull and district select team (selected from east v west games) and have them play/tour other counties teams e.g Hull select v Penine select.

just a few ideas that may freshen the league up and make players want to play in it

4 hours ago, Defender1 said:

I also heard Myton U13s had to play Cottingham on Friday as Cottingham cannot raise a team on a Sunday due to their players playing Rugby Union, guess where the game took place Hullensians Rugby Union under their flood lights where players from both teams will be playing in the RU season

Do any club in Hull have floodlights that a game could have been  played under .?

One - two maybe , could be one of the problems with the game struggling a little ! ###### facilities .

Well done to Cott and Myton on getting the game on .

Archived