Hull League

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:43 PM, TheDuke said:

Which teams are entering the Hull and District League this term?

Will there be 2 leagues?

Six teams. Brownies, Tuns, NHK, Bransholme, Reckitts, Lambwath. The League should be all over by New Year, a few Cup games then the NCL starts again. Where are all the kids going from the Clubs who have half-a-dozen teams? There must be hundreds of youngsters playing the game who never make it to Open Age. Our NCL teams have probably got around 125 registered and the Yorks Men's League another 250, plus the Academy set-up. It seems as though there just aren't any wanting to play the winter game any more. I love watching the game all year round but prefer the winter matches so hopefully someone can find a solution, if not this season then next.

As I've said before the only way the Hull and district will survive is by switching to summer. By doing this all the NCL teams would (I guess) enter their A teams (cost saving). At least then coach's will know what players they have for the season without losing players in Jan/Feb when the summer teams start training.  I prefer winter but the young kids now a days all play summer growing up and have no inclination to play winter rugby.

42 minutes ago, MJL said:

As I've said before the only way the Hull and district will survive is by switching to summer. By doing this all the NCL teams would (I guess) enter their A teams (cost saving). At least then coach's will know what players they have for the season without losing players in Jan/Feb when the summer teams start training.  I prefer winter but the young kids now a days all play summer growing up and have no inclination to play winter rugby.

I agree in the main, the only issue is they don’t want to play Summer either, I think the community game is in free fall, I think another of David Gents famous comments “There will be casualties only the strong will survive” spring to mind, in another life was he a 1st World War general?

The amateur league is a complete shambles. The hierarchy do not appear to be interested in the problem of failing teams. The summer/winter split has all about brought the game down to its knees. All we get is statements that players want to be with the families etc, but you cant expect lads to turn up for training twice weekly, plus turning up on a Saturday, only to be informed that the opposition cannot raise a team. I support an amateur team who have never missed a fixture, despite sometimes travelling with only 12 players I can foresee the day when clubs will be operating with a junior age limit of about 13 yrs. A sad state of affairs for the grass roots.

1 hour ago, Hullfan said:

Hull and district select v York district select been played today 

Well advertised by the committee. How can we have a Hull team when only 4 teams have played, Where are they getting the players from

1 hour ago, MJL said:

Well advertised by the committee. How can we have a Hull team when only 4 teams have played, Where are they getting the players from

1 hour ago, MJL said:

It was advertised in Rugby League Express 

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:04 AM, MJL said:

They wouldn't be the Hull league anymore if they all went to summer, it's the Yorkshire Mens League

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

3 hours ago, MJL said:

No I mean the Hull and district need to run a summer league,

Not allowed, RFL rules H&D only have a winter licence like the Pennine, it’s corparate B......S and why would the RFL allow a Hull league the Hull teams in the YML in the main fulfil their fixtures, they would also lose about 15-20% of the teams that actually play most weeks

25 minutes ago, Defender1 said:

Not allowed, RFL rules H&D only have a winter licence like the Pennine, it’s corparate B......S and why would the RFL allow a Hull league the Hull teams in the YML in the main fulfil their fixtures, they would also lose about 15-20% of the teams that actually play most weeks

Maybe the YML would set up a Hull division? Though they'd still want the better teams in the Yorkshire wide divisions 

8 hours ago, bowes said:

Maybe the YML would set up a Hull division? Though they'd still want the better teams in the Yorkshire wide divisions 

They would have too, There are clubs in Hull who would struggle to travel every other week due to financial restraints.  So they either play in Hull or fold altogether. 

Archived