Hull League

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brownies 12 Tuns 30

NHK 40 Bransholme 24

Good game in the conditions at Beecroft St, Tuns the better side but a bit flattered by the score. Good to see Bransholme putting up a good show at NHK. Bilton Sullys have joined the League making seven. 

3 hours ago, JOHNEM said:

Brownies 12 Tuns 30

NHK 40 Bransholme 24

Good game in the conditions at Beecroft St, Tuns the better side but a bit flattered by the score. Good to see Bransholme putting up a good show at NHK. Bilton Sullys have joined the League making seven. 

I didn't get to the NHK v Bransholme game , but heard the score flatters Bransholme. Awful ref decisions coupled with NHK giving Bransholme penalties and taking them up field to score a few soft trys. NHK missing around 8-10 players who'd actually be In the team aswel. Think this league will be between three Tuns and NHK personally. Hope to get to the Brownies game next week at NHK in Yorkshire cup!!

• 3 months later...

Anybody in the know as to what is happening in the Hull league, seems to have been a few walkovers recently and the website already has Lambwath beating Bransholme this weekend (another walkover i think). Is it a case of players going back to conference/summer teams again. 

Heard a rumour the league is going to summer (yet to be confirmed), I think it has to, the winter league is dead. At least with a summer league we may be able to get all the conference teams to enter there a teams, May also be able to get more kids playing as they play summer upto 18's then not many fancy playing in the winter.  

Watched Myton V Dockers today , cold , wet .

Good run out , some good rugby few long range efforts from Myton , Dockers worked hard , enjoyed it .

First time at the university's pitches , fantastic facilities .

Rugby League , Mens Hockey , Football , Womens Lacrosse , great to see .     

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, henage said:

Looks to me its on its last legs .

Real shame .

Even the little bit of coverage the game gets in the local paper is hard to read .

Coverage in HDM relies on individual clubs - which is why they are often biased - though still better than nothing. Beverley and Mytons are very good at providing info. There's usually a report on grassrootsrugbymedia on FB/Youtube and videos of featured games. Incidentally, I understand the committee have written to all clubs in the area asking if they wish to form a summer league. It's very unlikely there will be a winter league next year. It would make sense for all local clubs in YML to join a Hull and District Summer League to cut expenses.

On 08/02/2018 at 1:25 PM, JOHNEM said:

Coverage in HDM relies on individual clubs - which is why they are often biased - though still better than nothing. Beverley and Mytons are very good at providing info. There's usually a report on grassrootsrugbymedia on FB/Youtube and videos of featured games. Incidentally, I understand the committee have written to all clubs in the area asking if they wish to form a summer league. It's very unlikely there will be a winter league next year. It would make sense for all local clubs in YML to join a Hull and District Summer League to cut expenses.

You would imagine all the conference teams would look at entering an a team in a Hull summer league, even if it's just to reduce cost. MIght be just what is needed, All the A teams (West Hull, Skirlaugh, Myton, Beverley, Dockers plus, NHK, Tuns, Brownies, Lambwath maybe even East Hull and Wyke, Would Norland come back? Suddenly looks like a decent league. 

Cott tigers may enter as they have a decent youth set up, We may lose some clubs who rely on conference players to play winter but it's obvious winter is no longer working .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hull League still operates its own site doesn't it - with the RFL site re-directing to it.  I wouldn't be surprised if that pitchero table is the most up to date one available but I'm happy to be corrected.

Archived