Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LENIN

crusaders v hunslet

Recommended Posts

crusaders v hunslet this sunday 13th august

 

can anyone confirm where the game is being played


hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised we don't know ourselves yet.

Most of the football grounds in Wales which previously would be considered as suitable now have 3G pitches. This includes the Druids FC ground which we used a couple of years ago, and is now unsuitable for RL.

Best I can suggest is to keep an eye on both club's websites and social media.

https://twitter.com/nwcrusadersrl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorted now. thank you


hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the face of it it seems to be a trivial issue as we've ended up at home anyway but I am aware of how much effort has gone into getting the game at Queensway.

Initially Welsh Athletics and Freedom Leisure did not want the game at Queensway. They have athletics track and field events booked for Saturday and Monday and didn't want the stadium marking changed for rugby league on Sunday. It was definitely off at one point. The Clubs General Manager and Directors with help from some supporters have been ringing round local venues to get the game on. When they found a venue willing to accept the game the RFL then had to approve the venue. Some were not available, some were found and not up to RFL standards.

Its taken some skillful negotiation and a lot of work just to play at home.

But I am very happy that this was the outcome. It will be the first time in a long time that we have played all our games in one home stadium and not had to move venues.

Moving would have meant loss of support, loss of revenue and a fixture which was not truely a home fixture and potentially putting us out of contention for the League 1 Shield.

So all Cru fans, go up and shake hands with those who made it happen.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gogledd said:

On the face of it it seems to be a trivial issue as we've ended up at home anyway but I am aware of how much effort has gone into getting the game at Queensway.

Initially Welsh Athletics and Freedom Leisure did not want the game at Queensway. They have athletics track and field events booked for Saturday and Monday and didn't want the stadium marking changed for rugby league on Sunday. It was definitely off at one point. The Clubs General Manager and Directors with help from some supporters have been ringing round local venues to get the game on. When they found a venue willing to accept the game the RFL then had to approve the venue. Some were not available, some were found and not up to RFL standards.

Its taken some skillful negotiation and a lot of work just to play at home.

But I am very happy that this was the outcome. It will be the first time in a long time that we have played all our games in one home stadium and not had to move venues.

Moving would have meant loss of support, loss of revenue and a fixture which was not truely a home fixture and potentially putting us out of contention for the League 1 Shield.

So all Cru fans, go up and shake hands with those who made it happen.

This just has to go on the 1,000th post on this forum.

What a fantastic club we have got now, can't thank those involved enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good game and great win today.... so glad it ended up at Queensway and not somewhere else :) If all goes well we should win the rest of our games and be in the shield final....


cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My father grew up in North Wales, Bagillt c. Fflint. He's passed away now but would be in his 90's if still alive. When I was a lad I played RL in Auckland and he said he recalled seeing RL games played in the North Wales coast area when he was younger. A bit off point I know. Well done the Crusaders with their win over Hunslet, 

  • Like 2

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RayCee said:

My father grew up in North Wales, Bagillt c. Fflint. He's passed away now but would be in his 90's if still alive. When I was a lad I played RL in Auckland and he said he recalled seeing RL games played in the North Wales coast area when he was younger. A bit off point I know. Well done the Crusaders with their win over Hunslet, 

Wherabouts in NZ are you Ray - I'm coming over to Wellington to watch the Rugby League World Cup Quarter final in November!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the South Is, across the Cook Strait. I don't have plans to see any live games. Wow, that will be a great trip. At this stage do you know who's playing that match or likely to? 


My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2017 at 9:42 PM, RayCee said:

I'm in the South Is, across the Cook Strait. I don't have plans to see any live games. Wow, that will be a great trip. At this stage do you know who's playing that match or likely to? 

I know it won't be Wales if they get to a quarter final as they will be in either the Darwin or Melbourne QF but I wanted to go to NZ as well as Australia and PNG. I have a family friend in Wellington so it seemed like the best choice - I suppose Aukland would have been the better choice for Rugby League but the trip is to meet friends and family too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...