Canadas 2017 fixture list

52 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure the Canada/US match kicks off at 7:30.

No the Canada/USA game will be before the Wolfpack game with Kickoff around 1:00 EST

38 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Any particular reason three of these games are being played in Vancouver? Is that a target area for the game? Seems very far away from Toronto and Montreal!

There is a lot of Rugby League in B.C. so I would think to give them some internationals and to save the traveling teams some cheaper flights as its fairly expensive to fly in Canada

On 08/08/2017 at 10:51 PM, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Any particular reason three of these games are being played in Vancouver? Is that a target area for the game? Seems very far away from Toronto and Montreal!

Wolfpack's first home grown Canadian player,  Quinn Ngawati, is from Victoria in BC so there's a lot of interest in western Canada

Current CRL President Paul O’Keefe is based in Vancouver.  BC if memory serves only had one Wolverine fixture whilst Eric Perez was President from 2010 to 2015.  BC has a stronger domestic competition than Ontario at the moment so deserves its games, though it is somewhat inopportune not to exploit Wolfpack mania in Toronto.  The biggest asset BC has is coach Andy Blackburn, a Leeds man and well-respected coach in both codes.

The Jamaica trip is awesome and I’m really pleased for their first open age international Test Match and hope it will be a resounding success and becoming a regular tour destination.  Having the crunch USA game in Toronto will still bring in the crowds.

I've had it confirmed by the Ontario Rugby League that the Wolverine game will follow the Wolfpack game and kick off at 7:30 pm.  I haven’t managed to get an answer if this game will be ticketed or be packaged in with the Wolfpack ticket.  They may well be taking exposure over potential gate revenue, perhaps with a percentage of total revenue instead.

Archived