York game

Seaton Sandy

2 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

one 8's defeat to the best team in the comp by far and now there is nothing to play for ? you question man management while at the same time you have thrown  the towel in with 1 win and 1 loss and 5 to go ?

5 to go on the road to what?  Getting a grip on reality is the priority on the rocky road to survival and we have to look closer to home with a view to climbing out of the mire next year. Throwing the towel in isn't one of my more notable traits as I'm sure you have noticed. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

5 to go on the road to what?  Getting a grip on reality is the priority on the rocky road to survival and we have to look closer to home with a view to climbing out of the mire next year. Throwing the towel in isn't one of my more notable traits as I'm sure you have noticed. 

so a potential win against haven or barrow in a derby doesnt appeal to you as long as certain fringe players are playing ,  OK , a money spinning semi final or even better a final is a long shot but isnt an underdog longshot and its finacial implications for the club worth at least a shot ?

25 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

so a potential win against haven or barrow in a derby doesnt appeal to you as long as certain fringe players are playing ,  OK , a money spinning semi final or even better a final is a long shot but isnt an underdog longshot and its finacial implications for the club worth at least a shot ?

You really don't get it do you mate - I would celebrate a win against the jam or Barrow but it has to be achieved with our local lads on board. To be honest - if we go with our strongest LOCAL side against the Jambo's I could see a turn up based on bragging rights alone ----- bring it on!

4 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

You really don't get it do you mate - I would celebrate a win against the jam or Barrow but it has to be achieved with our local lads on board. To be honest - if we go with our strongest LOCAL side against the Jambo's I could see a turn up based on bragging rights alone ----- bring it on!

again lister is local , hambley is a cumbrian how can 4 local wingers feature ? who would you drop and why ?

enough said I'm off to the pub .

12 minutes ago, Town8910 said:

JP has been fit for few weeks now not selected. Heard a few players say that even the players aren't happy with position in the league and have expressed few problems about training and game plans to the board but nothing.... they see the "rebuilding year" as an excuse but the lads still say that they have underachieved. We have a side that in this league should be be challenging top 4 but...oh and lads who wanted PV out most have left to haven for the record.. tee ritson, tom curwin few others won't sign contracts until they know what's happening next year....any fans questioning players speak to a few it's not exactly a secret now how the mood in the camp is it isn't all rumours. But whatever your views are you can't deny we haven't had a regular side and if most senior players who have been loyal to the club are speaking out surely you must take some into consideration as they have been loyal to the club for long enough most turning down bigger money moves 

sounds like normal contract talks behaviour to me , if any of it is true , players would be expected to ask questions on next seasons plans before committing , i'd be surprised if any of them didnt . it all soounds a bit overblown .

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

A win at barrow? Are you serious. 

58 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Sheer will is an asset but it  doesn't get the job done , you've  got to be good enough 

David, there is nothing between the sides in the top eight(excluding Toronto).

We nearly lost r.l. Last year so every game is a bonus ,don't give up on your lads you've certainly got promise.

Where a great club with some good local players but feel we play quite an amateur game mentality people say it should be full of our locals which yes would be great but how many of ours turn up with passion and determination get the feeling and yes listening to rumours , a lot just look at it as extra pocket money. It must be hard when you've worked and then go training or maybe not go training as your at work and then hear its quite poor training sessions as players moaning some don't look interested at moment . Reading others on here and if what there saying as any truth in it it sounds like we won't have a team next season , hope it is all rumours 

17 hours ago, town4me said:

Quiet on here for 2 days before a game.

Probably because its all just getting a too miserable  on this forum?

I believe the issues regards training etc are down to numbers, I'm assuming the travellers will only train once a week probably a Thursday or Friday. That means for the other sessions you are left with the locals, some might be at work, receiving treatment etc.

When you have a very small squad of around 20/22 players and you take possibly 6/8 travellers and shift workers, you are left with 12/ 14 players to try and plan for the weekends game, hence poor preparation,equals poor performance.

The players that are available for training become disillusioned with poor sessions, and to compound matters the travellers rock up on a Thursday and get selected to play.Not rocket science to see why there is serious issues regards  players team preparation, and players becoming disillusioned.

12 hours ago, town4me said:

A win at barrow? Are you serious. 

why not ? we could have , infact should have beaten them down there earlier in the season when they were walloping teams and cruising , haven beat them and a few others could have too and Toronto beat them comfortably , donny almost beat them last week  , too much negativity becomes infectious .

14 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

I believe the issues regards training etc are down to numbers, I'm assuming the travellers will only train once a week probably a Thursday or Friday. That means for the other sessions you are left with the locals, some might be at work, receiving treatment etc.

When you have a very small squad of around 20/22 players and you take possibly 6/8 travellers and shift workers, you are left with 12/ 14 players to try and plan for the weekends game, hence poor preparation,equals poor performance.

The players that are available for training become disillusioned with poor sessions, and to compound matters the travellers rock up on a Thursday and get selected to play.Not rocket science to see why there is serious issues regards  players team preparation, and players becoming disillusioned.

True but speaking to some players travellers always come over for team run plus train full time for hours 3 days a week with there own club it's a very difficult subject this which no one will agree on , maybe we should drop players like DR and shelford and davies and fell and try our own lads and see what happens it could be worth a try 

3 minutes ago, CASS said:

True but speaking to some players travellers always come over for team run plus train full time for hours 3 days a week with there own club it's a very difficult subject this which no one will agree on , maybe we should drop players like DR and shelford and davies and fell and try our own lads and see what happens it could be worth a try 

davies isnt DR he signed a season long loan so is officially a town player for 2017 , loan players are club players while they are signed from parent teams , why drop davies who has given all while he has been fit to play ? isnt it up to other players to stand out in training and try to dislodge other players ? he was injured for a while and his replacements couldnt hold a light to him ,as also was the case with locals when tee was out , you simply have to go with the best you have and hope semi pro players understand that and knuckle down to try and force their way in . teams such as york are almost totally reliant on dr and loans and they are upbeat as they realise where they were a season  or 2 ago and are pleased to be even a club again .

5 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

davies isnt DR he signed a season long loan so is officially a town player for 2017 , loan players are club players while they are signed from parent teams , why drop davies who has given all while he has been fit to play ? isnt it up to other players to stand out in training and try to dislodge other players ? he was injured for a while and his replacements couldnt hold a light to him ,as also was the case with locals when tee was out , you simply have to go with the best you have and hope semi pro players understand that and knuckle down to try and force their way in . teams such as york are almost totally reliant on dr and loans and they are upbeat as they realise where they were a season  or 2 ago and are pleased to be even a club again .

Sorry didn't mean DR as dual reg meant Danny R of Warrington and yes I agree with you over Davies just get a bit sick of the knockers on here always seem to blame the travellers so thought yes lets try a team full of locals and see what's said then , it's a pity Davies who was out for 12 wks and Tee 18 weeks got injured could have been a different story if we could have some consistency with starting 13 

9 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

There are at least 3 locals who "knuckle down" every training session and still don't get a gig. It wouldn't be the first time that selection wasn't based on talent. 

8 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

There are at least 3 locals who "knuckle down" every training session and still don't get a gig. It wouldn't be the first time that selection wasn't based on talent. 

Yawn yawn yawn becoming very boring. UTT who ever plays I'll support 

20 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

so you are saying it isnt down to showing talent alone and they are being overlooked for other reasons ? and they should have been chosen over the likes of fell , hambley or even tee ? really ? lister has obviously been the one local outside  back who has pushed his way in for now but you dont seem happy this local lad has ?

Archived