York game

Seaton Sandy

7 hours ago, havenhater said:

Clark another year or 2 for me with a few lads staying will do me.

Phillips boys are a must.

Defiantly need an enforcer up top though it's what town are about from Pickering to Phillips, fillipo to Thackeray.

Fillipo?????? Surely your joking or very drunk lol 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players dont rate the coach?

Every year (and new coach) we get the same rumours.

Said players need to look at themselves and ask who is it drops the ball?, who is it gives penalties away?, who misses tackles on their own line?

it certainly aint any coach and at semi pro level said players shouldnt need a coach to teach them these things!

4 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

Players dont rate the coach?

Every year (and new coach) we get the same rumours.

Said players need to look at themselves and ask who is it drops the ball?, who is it gives penalties away?, who misses tackles on their own line?

it certainly aint any coach and at semi pro level said players shouldnt need a coach to teach them these things!

In any sport the buck stops with the coach. He is the one who is employed to manage the squad and get them to play the way he wants them too and get the best out of them.  No he shouldn't be teaching basics but he should be coaching bad practice out of the team and make some progress over a season. 

15 minutes ago, town4me said:

In any sport the buck stops with the coach. He is the one who is employed to manage the squad and get them to play the way he wants them too and get the best out of them.  No he shouldn't be teaching basics but he should be coaching bad practice out of the team and make some progress over a season. 

Im sure he's not coaching them into the team .I bet he's trying his blooming best but I think Craig Bellamy might struggle with some of it down there . I'm not saying he's a great coach or they're pulling for him , but it's a bit of a get out as once your on the pitch that's gone , and he can't walk them through a game ,and the fundamentals on the pitch are where we are to often lacking . Basic errors kill us and basic skills elude us over n over and whatever you think of a coach that's individual's responsibility .At times you need to look in the mirror , and as was once said ' how many coaches do you go through before the penny drops the players aren't very good ? '

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Im sure he's not coaching them into the team .I bet he's trying his blooming best but I think Craig Bellamy might struggle with some of it down there . I'm not saying he's a great coach or they're pulling for him , but it's a bit of a get out as he can't walk them through a game and the fundamentals on the pitch are where we are to often lacking . Basic errors kill us and basic skills elude us . At times you need to look in the mirror , and as was once said ' how many coaches do you go through before the penny drops the players aren't very good ? '

But as i said dave in any sport the buck stops with the coach. Anyway lets focus on york. Good luck to the lads in what will be a tough game.

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Im sure he's not coaching them into the team I bet he's trying his blooming best but I think Craig Bellamy might struggle with some of it down there . He can't walk them through a game and the fundamentals on the pitch are where we are to often lacking . At times you need to look in the mirror , and as was once said ' how many coaches do you go through before the penny drops the players aren't very good ? '

So that's the sum total of your perceived wisdom- the players aren't very good whoever coaches them? Well that solves the thing in one fell swoop --- massive clear out of personnel and start next season with Clarky and a clean slate? Problem is - where to recruit a full squad of players who would subscribe to the gospel according to Dave when most of the current contingent have made it plain that they don't buy it. 

1 minute ago, Seaton Sandy said:

So that's the sum total of your perceived wisdom- the players aren't very good whoever coaches them? Well that solves the thing in one fell swoop --- massive clear out of personnel and start next season with Clarky and a clean slate? Problem is - where to recruit a full squad of players who would subscribe to the gospel according to Dave when most of the current contingent have made it plain that they don't buy it. 

Most ? so now you are saying most of the players are anti Clark ? and you have personally spoken to most of the current contingent have you ? and you have been told by "most" of them they do not " buy into it " ? did any of all these disgruntled majority you are refering to raise their hands and say , well actually my basic errors may have contributed to my poor performance and as a collective , our team performance ?

Like I have said , all tittle tattle and this particular statement I'll regard as a sweeping guess and generalisation to suit your own agenda or opinion . I know it is known as the silly season but comments like that are ridiculous .

11 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Most ? so now you are saying most of the players are anti Clark ? and you have personally spoken to most of the current contingent have you ? and you have been told by "most" of them they do not " buy into it " ? did any of all these disgruntled majority you are refering to raise their hands and say , well actually my basic errors may have contributed to my poor performance and as a collective , our team performance ?

Like I have said , all tittle tattle and this particular statement I'll regard as a sweeping guess and generalisation to suit your own agenda or opinion . I know it is known as the silly season but comments like that are ridiculous .

Yep- that's precisely what I am saying even if it ruffles your sensibilities. A good coach identifies weaknesses and addresses them. Barrow have such a mentor in Paul Crarey . Jam beat them comprehensively - Cresta analyzed where they went wrong - worked on it in training and turned it round in the rematch. Unfortunately Barrow are unlikely to let us have him any time soon. The only "agenda" I have is to see the club that I have supported for 6 decades rise from the ashes and re -establish itself farther up the food chain . That simply won't happen until we have the hearts and minds of our local clubs and players. If you think the disaffection widely acknowledged amongst the current squad is " ridiculous" I suggest you get out more. Stamping your feet because someone has a bit of insight into the malady affecting the dressing room gets you nowhere --- look what happened to Rumpelstiltskin!

Personally think the best player we had this year has returned to askham ...

regarding the travellers id not be renewing any contracts quickly nor loans .. especially big Phil .. 

we hear year on year about the Phillips bros if they go they go .. we at this level have nothing that can't be replaced 

This has gone completely off topic. York game.... difficult game for the lads. I think it could be used to give a break to any carrying knocks. But looking back at how we kept callum and Tom out of the action in the 2nd half last week. It looks we are all out for the win. Which is good to see.

On the coach. What more has the guy/team to do this season to satisfy some? It's a rebuilding season. We have rebuilt, we have achieved our goals set at the start of the season and in the process our BOD have worked hard to connect with amateur clubs. The links to the amateur game are the strogest they've been in several years. With several teams invites down to training, several kids training camps etc.

Personally I think this season has been a success. On and off the field, and everyone should be congratulated. Not head hunted.

I don't think any players have performed so well they can criticise the coach, our internationals are important to the team but they haven't stood out. I've enjoyed the rugby DC has had them playing this year and considering we've had the smallest props in the league and but for some unfortunate individual errors ,it would have been a good season with so many new players on a shoestring budget.

I can`t think of a single Town coach over the years when every player agrees with the coaches methods , i my self have had bosses at work who i haven`t seen eye to eye with , but you just get your head down and carry on .Thinking a new coach is going to come along and everyone will be happy is pie in the sky , there are always cliques within teams .We have been unlucky in a few games and should have finished higher , we have played with one of the smallest packs in the league , something which needs addressed next season , without a big injection of cash we are where we are .Some of us from time to time , me included , have wanted to see more of our local players included , but sometimes they have come up short , Gordon Maudling however has proved if you are good enough and consistent enough you will nail down a place in the team . Something for all the fringe players to think about .

lets hope the lads dig deep and pull off a shock away win , being nilled twice in 3 games has deflated a few on here and not many will be expecting a result on sunday , if the lads have any real fight in them then this is the ideal game to pull together show some spirit and rip in , i'll go for town a win by only a few points . 24-26

12 minutes ago, Supporter said:

Here we go!

Town: Ritson, Hambley, Prior, Mossop, Forber, C Phillips, Rasool, Scholey, B Phillips, Singleton, Doran, Curwen, Howarth, Fitzsimmons, Davies, Moore, Joseph, Lister, Maudling

Well if that's the official squad I am truly pi##ed off. This is a game we have only a theoretical chance of winning but would be an opportunity to give precious match experience to Rooke and Mewse. After last week's drubbing I can't see what Prior or Rasool bring to the cause so if Buffer is fit then he has to play and not only does John Patrick know where the whitewash is he has a robust defence - not that I expect him to be back in the shirt any time soon. I hope that Joseph is on a pay as you play deal otherwise he has been yet another drain on resources - whatever the reasons for his numerous no- shows. 

lister is also a new local signing who needs game time , clark obviously is giving him the nod ahead of the other 2 this week , he cant play all the wingers so where would you put them in the squad ? looks an almost full strength team and if jp was back i'd maybe use him at centre in place of rassol to tighten hambleys flank and also give an added scoring threat . york are beatable if the right attitude is there .

Dunno what's going on with Patrick , dropped off the face of the earth again for sone reason . This Moore seemed to be out wide last week and has been in the squads to not much effect , so Patrick must be a non factor which is a real shame . You wonder why he keeps coming back ? The centre from Warrington also needs to show something 

11 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

lister is also a new local signing who needs game time , clark obviously is giving him the nod ahead of the other 2 this week , he cant play all the wingers so where would you put them in the squad ? looks an almost full strength team and if jp was back i'd maybe use him at centre in place of rassol to tighten hambleys flank and also give an added scoring threat . york are beatable if the right attitude is there .

Like Derwent says - we are just going through the motions at the fag-end of an underwhelming season. All the more reason to try and keep our young prospects in the loop for next year by actually handing them a shirt, whether starting or off the bench. That, however, is known as man management - a rare commodity under the present regime which probably explains J.P.'s absence. I can see no reason to persist with most of the travellers when there is nothing to play for and when they are unlikely to be part of our plans going forward. 

15 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Like Derwent says - we are just going through the motions at the fag-end of an underwhelming season. All the more reason to try and keep our young prospects in the loop for next year by actually handing them a shirt, whether starting or off the bench. That, however, is known as man management - a rare commodity under the present regime which probably explains J.P.'s absence. I can see no reason to persist with most of the travellers when there is nothing to play for and when they are unlikely to be part of our plans going forward. 

one 8's defeat to the best team in the comp by far and now there is nothing to play for ? you question man management while at the same time you have thrown  the towel in with 1 win and 1 loss and 5 to go ?

Archived