York game

Seaton Sandy

13 minutes ago, CASS said:

Yawn yawn yawn becoming very boring. UTT who ever plays I'll support 

well said , its getting very tedious and some people had obviously had a thing about clark at the offset and also have certain player interests before club interests . had enough of it all now as it is all so negative . no more from me over this and I will still go for a very tight game and a very narrow town win .

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CASS said:

Has squad been announced and if so where?

News and star.Town: Ritson, Hambley, Prior, Mossop, Forber, C Phillips, Rasool, Scholey, B Phillips, Singleton, Doran, Curwen, Howarth, Fitzsimmons, Davies, Moore, Joseph, Lister, Maudling.

4 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

well said , its getting very tedious and some people had obviously had a thing about clark at the offset and also have certain player interests before club interests . had enough of it all now as it is all so negative . no more from me over this and I will still go for a very tight game and a very narrow town win .

Negativity or frustration? Club could and should  be 7 or 8 points better off. Good luck to the lads tommorow.  Positives are the club is on a much sounder footing and this group of players has the potential to kick on with the addition of a couple of props.

9 minutes ago, town4me said:

Negativity or frustration? Club could and should  be 7 or 8 points better off. Good luck to the lads tommorow.  Positives are the club is on a much sounder footing and this group of players has the potential to kick on with the addition of a couple of props.

Think big Phil Joseph is a must in the team just for his size and experience, this will give the younger players a boost, 

7 hours ago, Oneday said:

Probably because its all just getting a too miserable  on this forum?

Certainly sucks the life out of me. Getting very dull & negative however I think it was important that we got in the top 8s, we've had a fair mix of travelling players and no traveler has let us down. If we hadn't made them top 8s whether it was down to travelers or locals it would have been outright disastrous for the club paying a fair amount of winning pay on very low 300/350 crowds. 

We had to get on an even keel & recover from poor financial decisionsin the past, it's a stage by stage development and maybe Mewse ,Rooke will push through again and they will if they are good enough and want it enough. 

Our forthcoming fixtures are both winnable and interesting and those who constantly say this league is rubbish are just fueling the fires to the non fully converted, the town needs to support this board because they are working very hard to keep rugby alive in this town and it's a very difficult balance getting the combination of local and traveling players right. Personally I think they've done a pretty good job in getting us competitive, a promise Les Ashe made & has kept. 

Well it's all about how you see it but I think the negativity mirrors the negativity of the season . I struggle for a positive this year in what I've seen , we won 7 games in the full league campaign against expansion teams with a combined points difference of minus 2000 , and edged into the top 8 purely through that . It just seemed an almighty struggle throughout 

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Well it's all about how you see it but I think the negativity mirrors the negativity of the season . I struggle for a positive this year in what I've seen , we won 7 games in the full league campaign against expansion teams with a combined points difference of minus 2000 , and edged into the top 8 purely through that . It just seemed an almighty struggle throughout 

But at the start of the year did we think we were going to achieve more? Did we come out with a statement saying that we were aiming for higher? I'm not sure we did?

8 minutes ago, Town Army said:

But at the start of the year did we think we were going to achieve more? Did we come out with a statement saying that we were aiming for higher? I'm not sure we did?

agreed , all of the targets mentioned in pre season have been met dispite some big injury blows to small squad and it has always been said to be a 3 year plan , some people expect miracles from having no squad in december and no money and no coach and some have forgotten (or rather have chosen to ) that this coach is low cost and part time and has kept town both in the 8's and financially viable .

4 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

to me it says barra are beatable if town turn up as are all of them .

Well indeed but the reverse is they pretty much all are but we haven't done it and there's  been to many ifs . I've seen haven a few times and they don't look any great shakes at all either , and from all the higher teams I've seen it looks like it just takes mastery of basic skills and organisation to achieve , below Toronto , in this league . There's nothing frightening at all , completing , kicking , organisation , man management , solidity along with the odd go to player take you a long way , but to me we haven't been able to achieve and nail  the basics consistently in a game far  far to often and have repeated the same things which hamstring us . It's been masked against lower teams but overall it's a mixture of the results and the deficiencies we've repeatedly shown which have contributed to them . Maybe we'll kick on next year , but to do so we must iron out the basic errors or we'll continue to struggle whatever the master plan 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I actually think the season has been one of frustration at some good performance in patches in all games with exception being York away + the 2nd Toronto game. We did only win minimal matches against the development teams but we were very close in others namely, Haven,Donny, Keighley at home are 5 points we threw away. Newcastle home could have gone our way too. A couple of wins earlier in the campaign may have got us on a roll similar to what Haven went on....however it didn't, who's fault that may be is for our board to decide. 

As for positives....emergence of solid local pros, Maudling ,Curwen,Hambley, Singleton, the form of Jamie Doran would be a start. 

17 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

I actually think the season has been one of frustration at some good performance in patches in all games with exception being York away + the 2nd Toronto game. We did only win minimal matches against the development teams but we were very close in others namely, Haven,Donny, Keighley at home are 5 points we threw away. Newcastle home could have gone our way too. A couple of wins earlier in the campaign may have got us on a roll similar to what Haven went on....however it didn't, who's fault that may be is for our board to decide. 

As for positives....emergence of solid local pros, Maudling ,Curwen,Hambley, Singleton, the form of Jamie Doran would be a start. 

Yes apologies that was an exaggeration , you are right about those guys . Collectively though we've not put it together . It's not miracles or asking for great things  at all but we should have been a lot better and smoother at the fundamentals for me , which others have largely  build good seasons on , and have they that got that  great a group of players in some instances ? . That's been the big frustration , and it's a recurring one . 

I understand frustration but the thing is , thunder lost again , cougars are almost sure to lose and if haven beat donny and town win tomoz we could be on 19 pts  and only 1pt off 5th with a possible 8 more pts to grab then anything can happen ... why judge now ? lets hope the lads turn up and there will be a totally different outlook tomorrow evening if they win .

10 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

I understand frustration but the thing is , thunder lost again , cougars are almost sure to lose and if haven beat donny and town win tomoz we could be on 19 pts  and only 1pt off 5th with a possible 8 more pts to grab then anything can happen ... why judge now ? lets hope the lads turn up and there will be a totally different outlook tomorrow evening if they win .

I like your optimism marra but come 5 o'clock your more likely to be 5 pts off 5th were going Donny with a much weakened team 

Think we're a bit unfortunate hitting teams on the rebound so I think It will take a colossal effort to beat York. Not beyond us though and should it happen it would make my season! UTT

Archived