York game

Seaton Sandy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, donald said:

Aye ok pal youve had big wins against north wales and Newcastle superb season not surprised so many players want out

with donny winning and you face a keighley who have just matched toronto and beat york a week ago then you are away to toronto and then face an ever improving and solid york it is difficult so see where your next points are coming from as I'd fancy town in their home derby , you may end up 4th and a very difficult semi draw  .

6 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

with donny winning and you face a keighley who have just matched toronto and beat york a week ago then you are away to toronto and then face an ever improving and solid york it is difficult so see where your next points are coming from as I'd fancy town in their home derby , you may end up 4th and a very difficult semi draw  .

Leave donald alone, the poor lad will be trying to recover from the 24 cans of dark fruit cider he downed on the donny trip yesterday. 12 on the way down and 12 on the way back was it donald. ;)

After watching them early doors , looking reliant on a few key men and seeing the mess they were in before a ball was passed in anger,  theyve done amazingly well . Whether it's all ultimately in vain we'll see , but that second promotion spot is being eyed by a few teams now I reckon 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

After watching them early doors , looking reliant on a few key men and seeing the mess they were in before a ball was passed in anger,  theyve done amazingly well . Whether it's all ultimately in vain we'll see , but that second promotion spot is being eyed by a few teams now I reckon 

I think Haven are where most of us thought they would be before the season started, I think the 2 defeats against Town early doors gave us the impression they were poorer than they have proved to be, and visa versa for us. They do struggle with a couple of key players missing and their last 4 games are all tough. When they play us in the last game we will have nothing to play for except for pride, that could be an advantage for us, no nerves just go out and give it a go.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

true but after donalds little pop at towns "predicament" surely given towns previously spelled out objectives will be seen as mission accomplished for stage one and havens as a disaster as they have made no secret about promotion aims , especially afer the win over barrow when there were even whispers of automtatic elevation . I think i know which BOD will be more comfortable and who's fans will be more climatised to the idea of another season or so in league 1 .

having said that , if both clubs find themselves in league 1 and again losing players and with teams like york now having well over 1,000 a week crowd figures over double of town and havens average then the big west cumbrian merger question is going to be raised again and probably with growing validity .

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

having said that , if both clubs find themselves in league 1 and again losing players and with teams like york now having well over 1,000 a week crowd figures over double of town and havens average then the big west cumbrian merger question is going to be raised again and probably with growing validity .

There's no interest in a merger from either side IMO. 

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Leave donald alone, the poor lad will be trying to recover from the 24 cans of dark fruit cider he downed on the donny trip yesterday. 12 on the way down and 12 on the way back was it donald. ;)

Was 12 before just after scotch corner cant remember how many on way bk was on the stella then and then it was shipwrights for a few then to top it all off was raving in joe bananas with jessie and dion need to be calming down a bit at 48 but still a big kid in me heart

18 hours ago, CASS said:

Thought young davies played very well today but saw him after game with ice strapped to ankle hope it's nothing serious. Well done today much better performance all round and if we'd have cut out some silly passes could have won ?UTT 

For a 20 year old I thought Davies stood out gave his all, never took a backward step saved at least 2 try's. Overall we could have won the game but for silly errors, been the story of our season, which with a little bit of luck could have been a lot better. not all doom and gloom, when you look at what the club aims for the season were.

1 hour ago, donald said:

Was 12 before just after scotch corner cant remember how many on way bk was on the stella then and then it was shipwrights for a few then to top it all off was raving in joe bananas with jessie and dion need to be calming down a bit at 48 but still a big kid in me heart

Take it you weren't at work today donald ? I'm 61 but after a few lambrinis I think I'm 21 :tongue: 

We were a bit unlucky when one of our players made a clean break from within our 10 & got to the halfway line before the ref pulled him back, then gave us a penalty on our own line!!!!

There's no don't that Joe Hambley's attack is far better than his defence, but Jason Mossop- who is normally sound in that department - has been dropping off tackles lately. Is he playing crocked or is his enthusiasm on the wane?   As for Phil Joseph, I hope he's on a pay-as- you- play contract otherwise the comparison with Latu Fifita isn't too wide of the mark.

55 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

There's no don't that Joe Hambley's attack is far better than his defence, but Jason Mossop- who is normally sound in that department - has been dropping off tackles lately. Is he playing crocked or is his enthusiasm on the wane?   As for Phil Joseph, I hope he's on a pay-as- you- play contract otherwise the comparison with Latu Fifita isn't too wide of the mark.

I agree with you on Phil Joseph,don't know why he was named in squad as I was there and he certainly wasn't 

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

not only joe and jason , their 1st try was a soft walk through howarth and brett p and another try was a gimme from jamie , all very soft trys which york didnt need to work hard to get .

55 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Nice highlight package from York there , but i could swear we scored 18 points , must have dreamt it .

How totally bizarre . We've seen a few of these club highlight package and I think they're a fantastic thing that all clubs should be looking at doing , but I've never seen one do that with such consideration for non home fans !!

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

How totally bizarre . We've seen a few of these club highlight package and I think they're a fantastic thing that all clubs should be looking at doing , but I've never seen one do that with such consideration for non home fans !!

Got to agree with you, I know it said York highlights but it could show tries from both teams.

7 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Got to agree with you, I know it said York highlights but it could show tries from both teams.

Yep. I find it more than a little embarrassing that we don't show opposition scores in the highlights packages. It also removes the context from the York scores. 

Archived