12-13 Aug: The Kingstone Press League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 play-off games here.

SATURDAY 12th AUGUST
Kingstone Press League 1 - Super 8s

Newcastle Thunder v Barrow Raiders KO 7pm
Kingstone Press League 1 Shield
Gloucestershire All Golds v Coventry Bears KO 3pm
London Skolars v Oxford KO 3pm

SUNDAY 13th AUGUST

Doncaster v Whitehaven KO 3pm
Keighley Cougars v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm (TV)
York City Knights v Workington Town KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders v Hunslet KO 2.30pm
South Wales Ironmen v Hemel Stags KO 3pm

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cru v Hunslet will be at QUEENSWAY after all.

Club statement this morning. http://www.northwalescrusaders.co.uk/statement-crusaders-to-host-hunslet-at-the-queensway-stadium/

This is a big announcement for us, as we will have played all our home games, including friendlies, on the same ground for the first time. Sounds like a lot of negotiating has been going on, so huge thanks to everyone involved at the club and Freedom Leisure, who run the stadium.

The only down side is that I'm working so can't go.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

3 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Cru v Hunslet will be at QUEENSWAY after all.

Club statement this morning. http://www.northwalescrusaders.co.uk/statement-crusaders-to-host-hunslet-at-the-queensway-stadium/

This is a big announcement for us, as we will have played all our home games, including friendlies, on the same ground for the first time. Sounds like a lot of negotiating has been going on, so huge thanks to everyone involved at the club and Freedom Leisure, who run the stadium.

The only down side is that I'm working so can't go.

Some massive negotiations, dozens of telephone calls to surrounding venues from Welshpool to Warrington, a huge headache for our General Manager and the Directors but the  right result in the end.

Lets hope our players are inspired by the tenacity of the off-field team and play to their potential. 

A warm welcome to our friends from Hunslet RLFC - i think I am correct in saying Hunslet have never played in North Wales, we've either played you away or we've been in different leagues. Have a safe trip down and bring plenty of money to spend on food and drink!

9 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 play-off games here.

SATURDAY 12th AUGUST

Newcastle Thunder v Barrow Raiders KO 7pm
Gloucestershire All Golds v Coventry Bears KO 3pm
London Skolars v Oxford KO 3pm

SUNDAY 13th AUGUST

Doncaster v Whitehaven KO 3pm
Keighley Cougars v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm (TV)
York City Knights v Workington Town KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders v Hunslet KO 2.30pm
South Wales Ironmen v Hemel Stags KO 3pm

Barrow, Gloucestershire, London, Whitehaven, Toronto, York, North Wales and Hemel to win

Newcastle Thunder 16-30 Barrow Raiders 

Gloucestershire All Golds 30-20 Coventry Bears 
London Skolars 40-10 Oxford 

Doncaster 18- 25 Whitehaven 
Keighley Cougars 10-44 Toronto Wolfpack 
York City Knights 30-16 Workington Town 

North Wales Crusaders 22-28 Hunslet 
South Wales Ironmen 28-24 v Hemel Stags 

9 hours ago, Scubby said:

This is the division that keeps on giving. Some wonderful match ups again. 

Absolutely.....I think L1 this year (barring Toronto) has been great - 11 of the teams could beat any of the others on any given week, with the other 4 snapping at the heels of the others generally much closer than previously. I have noticed that on some team's forums (notably Workington's) they are calling it a noddy division, but TBH I think it's had some cracking games and been probably the most competitive of the pro game :)

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Newcastle, Donny, Toronto, York, Gloucester, Skolars, Crusaders, S. Wales. Given that I'm going to have to miss only my second regular season game since the original Crusaders club came to Wrexham (Wigan first season, kidney infection and blood poisoning for the strong stomached nosey), it'll be the Cru's best performance of the season!

2 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Newcastle, Donny, Toronto, York, Gloucester, Skolars, Crusaders, S. Wales. Given that I'm going to have to miss only my second regular season game since the original Crusaders club came to Wrexham (Wigan first season, kidney infection and blood poisoning for the strong stomached nosey), it'll be the Cru's best performance of the season!

Nah, second or third best, just enough for the win ;)

OUT NOW: The League 1 Show

The unofficial podcast dedicated to League 1 returns this week to review all the action from Round 2 of the Super 8s and the League 1 Shield.

On this week's show we have the post match reaction from the Head Coaches at Barrow Raiders, Whitehaven, Keighley Cougars, York City Knights, Workington, All Golds, and Coventry Bears.

In addition we also preview that League 1 Shield biggy between North Wales Crusaders and Hunslet with BBC West York Sports' Andrew Steel.

On this week's show, Ben was also joined by Rugby League Express' Matthew Shaw.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6190863-the-league-1-show-9th-august-2017

The unofficial weekly Rugby League show dedicated to League 1 - Listen now on Audioboom or on iTunes

7 hours ago, League1Show said:

OUT NOW: The League 1 Show

The unofficial podcast dedicated to League 1 returns this week to review all the action from Round 2 of the Super 8s and the League 1 Shield.

On this week's show we have the post match reaction from the Head Coaches at Barrow Raiders, Whitehaven, Keighley Cougars, York City Knights, Workington, All Golds, and Coventry Bears.

In addition we also preview that League 1 Shield biggy between North Wales Crusaders and Hunslet with BBC West York Sports' Andrew Steel.

On this week's show, Ben was also joined by Rugby League Express' Matthew Shaw.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6190863-the-league-1-show-9th-august-2017

Many thanks. Great show once again!

11 hours ago, FearNothing said:

Did I not hear somewhere they are dong away with the cup next season?? But nothing I recall about home/away...

The only decision at the last clubs meeting was to abolish the cup comp. Options for the league format are being worked on. It depends on how many teams are to be accommodated with various scenarios possible.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

55 minutes ago, Bearman said:

The only decision at the last clubs meeting was to abolish the cup comp. Options for the league format are being worked on. It depends on how many teams are to be accommodated with various scenarios possible.

Thanks Ron :)

I am going to treat myself and again visit the hallowed turf of Steboneath Park,Llanelli.

It seems the club has had the first press publicity in the Llanelli Star newspaper where,just as in the online programme for the last home game groundsman/groundsperson Eddie Donne was praised.Fully deserved.

I want to praise Andy Gay and Connor Farrer et al for remaining loyal - and playing while an apparent financial meltdown was happening around them.

An opportunity for the 2nd successive victory - and against a side who have beaten them twice this campaign.

I now learn that not only does a rail station serve those wise enough to want to visit Steboneath Park - but the National Express coach service can deliver people even closer to the excellent facility.

Try it and see...

Home win.Glorious weather.Brilliant pitch.Superb day.The coach and players are pretty good as well...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived