11 Aug: SL Super 8s: St Helens v Hull FC KO 8pm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hull win this then I suggest that we will know the teams and possibly the order of the top 3.  If Saints win and other results go their way and we will know the teams in the top 4.

Hull have been impressive the last few weeks and are definitely coming into form at the right time, as with Saints.  Could be the game of the week for me.

The full 19-man squad for Friday’s game against the Saints is as follows:

1. Jamie Shaul
2. Mahe Fonua 
3. Carlos Tuimavave 
4. Josh Griffin 
5. Fetuli Talanoa 
6. Albert Kelly 
7. Marc Sneyd 
8. Scott Taylor 
9. Danny Houghton
10. Liam Watts

13. Gareth Ellis 
14. Jake Connor
15. Chris Green
16. Jordan Thompson 
17. Danny Washbrook
19. Steve Michaels 
21. Sika Manu 
22. Josh Bowden 
28. Brad Fash

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I really should not be confident going to St Helens but... Radford has said all season it was about peaking for the right games and times and I think we did in the cup semi. Beating St Helens ("the form team") on the there own patch would be a real statement of intent and I think they will be up for it. Close and a drop goal involved. Sts 16 - Hull 19

37 minutes ago, Jarv said:

I really should not be confident going to St Helens but... Radford has said all season it was about peaking for the right games and times and I think we did in the cup semi. Beating St Helens ("the form team") on the there own patch would be a real statement of intent and I think they will be up for it. Close and a drop goal involved. Sts 16 - Hull 19

I'm the same. Saints are the form team, and I can't disagree with the bookies making them favourites. However, if we play with the same intensity that we did in the cup semi then I don't think Saints will be able to cope with it much better than Leeds did. Also Hull's error count the last time the sides met was astronomical, yet we were still in it right to the end, surely our ball retention can't be half as bad this time?

Both teams have defended brilliantly lately, so I can see a low scoring one, but I think Hull will grind it out.

10-17

gonna be a tough one, but I expect Hancock and Davidson to control the pace of the game.

Saints 14 v 26 Hull

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

4 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

gonna be a tough one, but I expect Hancock and Davidson to control the pace of the game.

Saints 14 v 26 Hull

Agreed.  I've got Hancock down as 1st tryscorer.

Ive also got Lomax down as top appealer to the Ref, with >20 appeals.  Only even money, but sure thing imo.

Radford has kept alot of injuries under wraps this week it would appear.

Connor

Michaels

Tuimavave

Thompson

Griffin

Kelly

Sneyd

Taylor

Houghton

Watts

Manu

Turgut

Ellis

Fash 

Green

Matongo 

Washbrook 

Some big players missing. Still not a bad side though.

Aye, looks a bit unfamiliar but not a bad side.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Grace in at the corner. 4-0.

Hull really struggling when Saints chuck it left.

Both sides making plenty of errors here, Hull could really do to score soon.

And it's still sheeting down.

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Both sides making plenty of errors here, Hull could really do to score soon.

And it's still sheeting down.

I think this might be one of those nights where 6 points is enough to win it.

Sneyd skips over.

6-6.

I just said to my mate, if we keep Saints to 6-0 we've got the wind and rain at our backs 2nd half.

"It'll have stopped by then" came the obvious reply.

Connor drops a bomb under the posts but from the ensuing set Fages tries one too many offloads and Hull survive.

6-6 arf tarm.

Just now, Saint Toppy said:

God awful game, Saints have bombed 3 clear cut chances and should be well out of sight by HT. 

If they learn how to keep hold of the ball they have the beating of Hull who look out of sorts.

As I alluded to earlier, we just don't seem to be able to handle bad weather at all. 

1 minute ago, MZH said:

As I alluded to earlier, we just don't seem to be able to handle bad weather at all. 

Well below full strength too looking at the 17 you posted. Very creditable performance to be level at half time.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived