Sponsoring a player

graham fisher

£200 plus VAT and you get the signed player's shirt presented at the awards evening. Raffle it off amongst the consortium. 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

It was £200 this season ........  how many should be in the consortium? and what name should the consortium be known by??  ....... remember it gets announced at every game at least once!!   If its Sykes or Glover ... hopefully many more times!!  

Been a good response on here and banter page. Someone suggested calling us Dewsbury faithful.

How many do you want in consortium?if we get enough are you happy with sponsoring two players?

As I've said on banter page we'll leave it for a month or so because we don't know who's staying or who's going

What I suggest is this

All those interested, if we put in now £20 and see how far it goes... Might even do 2 players, by getting the money in now we maximise the enthusiasm for this little fan venture.. Dewsbury faithful is fine by me. 

I would have thought "Ned Kellys barmy army" .... might have more resonance and impact!!  ..... might even sponsor a chant or two after said player scores!!  ... Rams try scorer ... James Glover sponsored by ... "Ned Kellys barmy army!!"  ... got a forum type ring to it!! .... just a thought!!

Or ,,, Dewsbury forever ....... ( sounds a bit more positive than Dewsbury  till I die)   ...

Or it could even be ... depending on how many of us are interested ... The North Stand .. or The South Stand ( that would be interesting if we could raise enough interest for one each!!)

Any other sensible suggestions ??   

SERIOUS POSTS ONLY PLEASE  .........  

6 hours ago, coolie said:

What I suggest is this

All those interested, if we put in now £20 and see how far it goes... Might even do 2 players, by getting the money in now we maximise the enthusiasm for this little fan venture.. Dewsbury faithful is fine by me. 

I can collect the money starting tomorrow if that's ok with everyone?

I'll be in bailey bar till about 2-30 then on the south stand for the game then I'll be in royal suite after the game till about 5-30. 

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I can collect the money starting tomorrow if that's ok with everyone?

I'll be in bailey bar till about 2-30 then on the south stand for the game then I'll be in royal suite after the game till about 5-30. 

Will be missing tomorrow's game while still on holiday, but can give my £40 for me and my dad at the Swinton game on Back Holiday Monday ?

4 minutes ago, andyram said:

Will be missing tomorrow's game while still on holiday, but can give my £40 for me and my dad at the Swinton game on Back Holiday Monday ?

That's fine mate.We've got 3 home games to get money in and we should be more cleared by then who staying and who we've signed. Enjoy your holiday ?? and see you at Swinton game.

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Correct mate. I think Mark Sawyer is hoping to have a fans forum before end of season.

Sometime in September I believe, when the warm weather starts.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Graham it really is a cracking idea, we started it because there where two players without sponsors and like you it was put out and we got more than enough to cover the two we had only set out to cover one.

I know at some point there was talk that maybe if all players where covered then the possibility was to sponsor the match ball, plus it's a great way of getting to know people, the same with the war chest. I believe we got enough in the first year to make it a £20 fee, I can't remember how much we paid this year didn't seem dear.

DistantDog who runs it for us did it all in quick time people where eager to do it.

You are right until you know who as signed on for next season you won't know who wants sponsoring.

Cheers Roger(Batley fan)

What I also forgot to mention is the fact that far away supporters who can't get to many matches could feel involved through this scheme and also a war chest or what ever you call yours.

I would hope that quite a few signed up after yesterday's euphoria.

Even I did, and I already sponsor a player.

Get your hands in your pockets lads and lasses.

Archived