Gigot again!

The French federation has been told they have to publish the copy of the paperwork they've been sent from the testing organization, it's been published on the local papers website, 

It seems very vague. Apparently he was worried and acting strangely and was said to the tester he took cocaïne the night before and asked two other players to urinate for him, then he said in a quiet voice to the trainee tester he had money in his car for him, also he asked how long it stays in your system! 

All their words against his!

Sounds to me like he walked in saying "ooofff big night last night on the coke anyone want to pee for me"! Then saying in a whispering voice "I've money for you in the car"  then asking how long it takes to leave the system ! 

If he did it like this he really is not very intelligent ! 

They state that "in presence of a sworn tester and a graduating tester, Tony Gigot showed himself worried and disturbed, announcing that he had used cocaine the day before. The athlete repeatedly asked for another player to urinate for him or, if not, one of the testers and spoke - in a low voice - about the presence of money in his vehicle".

(Merging another post)

5 minutes ago, barnyia said:

The French federation has been told they have to publish the copy of the paperwork they've been sent from the testing organization, it's been published on the local papers website, 

It seems very vague. Apparently he was worried and acting strangely and was said to the tester he took cocaïne the night before and asked two other players to urinate for him, then he said in a quiet voice to the trainee tester he had money in his car for him, also he asked how long it stays in your system! 

All their words against his!

Sounds to me like he walked in saying "ooofff big night last night on the coke anyone want to pee for me"! Then saying in a whispering voice "I've money for you in the car"  then asking how long it takes to leave the system ! 

If he did it like this he really is not very intelligent ! 

He's a dumbass, consuming drugs in season without knowing how long it stays in the body.

2 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

He's a dumbass, consuming drugs in season without knowing how long it stays in the body.

I think cocaine is 24h-48hrs?  Or am I mixing it up with HGH?

Take it after a game on Friday night, and it should be out of the system by Mondays testing. Allegedly.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I think cocaine is 24h-48hrs?  Or am I mixing it up with HGH?

Take it after a game on Friday night, and it should be out of the system by Mondays testing. Allegedly.  

It's not "fixed", depends on the dose, on the body etc... But on a single hit, expect 1 day to a week (depending if you mixed it with alcohol or not)

Depends on the administration method, it's quicker to get rid of with intravenous than snorting.

Depends on whether you drink water or not.

So, single hit, intravenous injection + a lot of water, I'd wouldn't expect anyone to detect anything 12 hours after use.

Just now, Hvy wg said:

It's not "fixed", depends on the dose, on the body etc... But on a single hit, expect 1 day to a week (depending if you mixed it with alcohol or not)

Depends on the administration method, it's quicker to get rid of with intravenous than snorting.

Depends on whether you drink water or not.

So, single hit, intravenous injection + a lot of water, I'd wouldn't expect anyone to detect anything 12 hours after use.

:D:D

OK doc!!!

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Did he still take the test?  Was he found to be clean?

Two year ban for a joke seems harsh, even though it was completely idiotic of him to begin with

I think he did take and pass the test. A 3-6 month ban for being idiotic would be about right. 

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So the initial 3 month ban seems about right, 2 year ban for being a clown isn't right

Exactly, I can't see how he can lose his appeal. The 2-year ban is the equivalent of failing a drugs test in competition. So in effect he has been given a drug cheat's ban.

It is like the police knocking on your door and you saying "Morning constable, do you want to buy some stolen goods?" Then being arrested, convicted and sentenced for the equivalent of possessing stolen goods. As opposed to a caution for wasting police time.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Exactly, I can't see how he can lose his appeal. The 2-year ban is the equivalent of failing a drugs test in competition. So in effect he has been given a drug cheat's ban.

It is like the police knocking on your door and you saying "Morning constable, do you want to buy some stolen goods?" Then being arrested, convicted and sentenced for the equivalent of possessing stolen goods. As opposed to a caution for wasting police time.

How about comparing to the Kiwi players who got caught in possesion down under its an absolute farcical situation.

I think you're all missing the point there.

He wasn't banned for taking drugs but for trying to overpass the test.

I see it a bit more like this situation : you had a couple beers and you're taking the car to go home, you get pulled over by a cop. He asks you to take the test. You suggest another guy to take the test for you then suggest the cop that you have money in the car. Doesn't matter if you're joking or not, you're busted. You can be positive or negative, you're busted for bribery attempt.

Gigot played with fire and burned himself, you don't say those kind of things to a sworn tester.

21 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

It reads like he was larking around rather than actively trying to miss the test - being clean is a good indicator. Bit of a fool either way.

Places a fair bit of faith in the testing. Agreed though, total moron to mess around if that's what he was doing.

Gigot already been banned for 3 months. 

Yes a silly thing to say, but 3 months for not taking drugs but making a joke??

NRL players could snort coke, ###### on their best mate while filming it and get less matches....

RL basically being screwed with here. Doubt If someone like Gael Fikou or Trin Duc did this that there would be such a threat of a two year ban.

Gigot may be a bit silly, but he's basically THE interesting French player Catalans have and actually is one of the few players in SL who actually is memorable.

Without him, SL looses character. Same with Luke Gale, JJB, Gelling etc 

Archived