Chris Hesketh RIP

DG70

Sad to hear about the passing of one of the games nicest guys and a terrific player for Salford in the 70s.

Great memories of him from that title winning side of "76 alongside the likes of Watkins,Richards,Fielding,Dixon etc

Wow, 452 games for Salford, and he wasn't even a one-club man (85 for Wigan). Before my time, but his record speaks for itself.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Sad to hear. R.I.P. Chris Hesketh. A true Salford legend.

Legend is often overused but not in his case.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Very sad to hear this. Well before my time, but the record posted above speaks for itself and he used to pop up on Radio Manchester from time to time. He always came across as passionate about the game of RL and, perhaps more, a genuinely nice man. RIP.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Chris Hesketh was a great player in an era when Salford had a back line dripping with class , R.I.P. Chris .

Indeed, that back line was pretty special, Watkins,Nash,Gill,Richards,Fielding and Chris Hesketh!

22 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Very sad to hear this. Well before my time, but the record posted above speaks for itself and he used to pop up on Radio Manchester from time to time. He always came across as passionate about the game of RL and, perhaps more, a genuinely nice man. RIP.

He was a friend of my fathers. Who was very upset to hear of his passing.

Had nothing but the best to say about him.  

Really sorry to hear this news about Chris. I played with Chris for 5 years at West Park and the team went undefeated for all these 5 years. Chris was an outstanding player and a great lad. Unlike me, he was squeaky clean at school and never got into any trouble.

The team also had a great scrum half in Ray Vass and 2 flying wingers. 

Sad loss indeed to all who knew Chris.

Joe Forber

Archived