Dewsbury Faithful Sponsorship Latest

coolie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, andyram said:

Fantastic effect by everyone in such a short space of time 

I will be writing up a paragraph about the great response in Swinton's match day programme, if that's OK ?

I'd be very surprised if we disagreed. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 minutes ago, andyram said:

I will be writing up a paragraph about the great response in Swinton's match day programme, if that's OK ?

I don't think there would be any objections mate

Everyone deserves credit for this.

2 hours ago, coolie said:

I don't think there would be any objections mate

Everyone deserves credit for this.

I missed the last match due to prior commitments, and I could well miss the one against the Bulls due to holidays. Was going to donate the savings on those matches to the warchest, but being as it doesn't look likely to get off the ground , I'd be happy to donate the forty squids to the faithful. Who do I hand the money to ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

38 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

I missed the last match due to prior commitments, and I could well miss the one against the Bulls due to holidays. Was going to donate the savings on those matches to the warchest, but being as it doesn't look likely to get off the ground , I'd be happy to donate the forty squids to the faithful. Who do I hand the money to ?

Thanks Mate

See me or graham fisher at the next game you attend 

Cheers 

I'm still looking into a warchest type venture.

14 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Go for it coolie, you have seen it working over here at Batley.

Hi have mate first hand innovative idea that brought cash in.. Exploring a few avenues and approaches to this idea.

Cheers

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Thanks Mate

See me or graham fisher at the next game you attend 

Cheers 

I'm still looking into a warchest type venture.

Hi Coolie - I'm one of those posh North Stand devotees, and although I have a pre-match and half time beer,  I head straight back to Lincoln post match. Would like to leave an envelope with the cash in somewhere - is there a drop box or something, or should I leave it in the office, or behind the Royal bar with you or Grahams name on it ? It will (with any luck) be the Swinton match.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

6 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

There's half an idea there Grumpy. We could all miss one of the away games and donate the money to this sponsorship scheme or whatever Coolie comes up with.  

Can I suggest the Doggies game? 

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Just slip the brown envelope under the refs door as usual..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, NickD said:

There's half an idea the Grumpy. We could all miss one of the away games and donate the money to this sponsorship scheme or whatever Coolie comes up with.  

However the feeling to deny batley valuable gate money is tempting...in reality we should be grateful for the ideas by simply observing how they do things and where we can bring them in line boosting our own finance's,think both boards wouldn't be happy with fans staying away from games for a simple t.it for tat or they did it first scenario. 

Let's just carry on raising cash under our own steam and not denying others valuable revenue. 

Personally I could make an exception for Mr Aston & the Sheffield eagles thou ;)

9 hours ago, andyram said:

Is that our home game programme for the Swinton match or Swinton's next match day programme?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Just slip the brown envelope under the refs door as usual..

When did you have the doors fitted - getting all posh at the Mount now aren't we?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

This is a fantastic effort and shows what can be done with a few determined people who are willing to spend time supporting their club. 

Just a genuine question though. £1000+ is a brilliant effort and a huge amount of money. What will you do with it as it will allow you to sponsor a number of players. Is that your intention?

23 minutes ago, distantdog said:

This is a fantastic effort and shows what can be done with a few determined people who are willing to spend time supporting their club. 

Just a genuine question though. £1000+ is a brilliant effort and a huge amount of money. What will you do with it as it will allow you to sponsor a number of players. Is that your intention?

That is a very good question DD,I don't think we expected such a amazing response so we are going to have to see what players are available then take it from there. There's one thing the players that are here next season all want to be here and not just because nobody else wanted them.

2 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

That is a very good question DD,I don't think we expected such a amazing response so we are going to have to see what players are available then take it from there. There's one thing the players that are here next season all want to be here and not just because nobody else wanted them.

It is an amazing response. The reason I ask is that one of the strengths of the fund raising efforts at Batley is that there are a range of different options which allow supporters to contribute in different ways. Also, since becoming a shareholder, and attending shareholder meetings, it struck me how important each and every penny raised is important to a club, so was wondering if all of that £1000 goes towards player sponsorship, or maybe there are other needs within the club, and who decides?

23 minutes ago, distantdog said:

It is an amazing response. The reason I ask is that one of the strengths of the fund raising efforts at Batley is that there are a range of different options which allow supporters to contribute in different ways. Also, since becoming a shareholder, and attending shareholder meetings, it struck me how important each and every penny raised is important to a club, so was wondering if all of that £1000 goes towards player sponsorship, or maybe there are other needs within the club, and who decides?

Once we've got all the money in we'll need to see what players are available and take it from there.

And if there are other needs within the club I'm sure as we all are supporters of the club we can all agree if it's going to benifit the club.

51 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Plan A .... player (s) sponsorship!!

Plan B ... contribute to squad builder .....   that way contributions  stay within the ethos of the concept ...   more players to sponsor!! 

Don't make it complicated!!!  

I wholeheartedly agree Grumpy, especially if the surplus can be accepted into the Squadbuilder fund as a one-off(?) donation. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Once the money is all collected and we have a definite figure, we can then approach the club and see how best this money can be used,I would like to think with the amount of money raised thru this fan contribution of epic proportions that any spare players without a sponsor would be offered to us first or any new signings, as a thank you to the fans who have helped with this generous donation, 2 players been sponsored by the Dewsbury Faithful is what were aiming at as a group, any excess will be discussed within the fans & the club how best this money can be used. 

Me & graham need to get around a table with the powers that be and iron out where we are moving with the Dewsbury faithful. 

Coolie

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

Plan A .... player (s) sponsorship!!

Plan B ... contribute to squad builder .....   that way contributions  stay within the ethos of the concept ...   more players to sponsor!! 

Don't make it complicated!!!  

Don't do complicated 

Straight to the point no nonsense ;)

Archived