Super 8's home stand

RobertAM

19 hours ago, RobertAM said:

well what a performance by the Doncaster boys...real grit.  but it's on to 2018 for us...thanks to all fans on the forum for the great banter.    Got to talk to all the bigwigs tonight..nice to meet David Argyle  thanked him for backstopping this team...

doncaster 1.jpg

Robert, cool....very cool.  Care to share with us how David "came across" from your perspective and maybe what he shared with you.   If not, then that's OK.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CH, my wife and i just got back from the WP fan booze cruise around Toronto harbour and lake Ontario. David Argyle plus the coaches and a large contingent of players, most of the SheWolves and WP staff along with RL boss Nigel Wood all aboard and mixing with all the fans. Tell me , what other sport would go to this much trouble to engage their fans? Splendid. But with respect to Mr Argyle the thing that struck me most is that he  doesn't appear to be a  wealthy dilettante looking for an ego boost. sadly thats the case with a lot of vanity owners. Not this guy. Not one bit.

I did manage to have a nice chat with Nigel wood, asked him if  he thought RL in canada was going to take hold and he just looked around at all the fans aboard and smiled and said something along the lines of "no worries at all". Very nice chap - I was impressed.

So looking forward to 2018!

43 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

CH, my wife and i just got back from the WP fan booze cruise around Toronto harbour and lake Ontario. David Argyle plus the coaches and a large contingent of players, most of the SheWolves and WP staff along with RL boss Nigel Wood all aboard and mixing with all the fans. Tell me , what other sport would go to this much trouble to engage their fans? Splendid. But with respect to Mr Argyle the thing that struck me most is that he  doesn't appear to be a  wealthy dilettante looking for an ego boost. sadly thats the case with a lot of vanity owners. Not this guy. Not one bit.

I did manage to have a nice chat with Nigel wood, asked him if  he thought RL in canada was going to take hold and he just looked around at all the fans aboard and smiled and said something along the lines of "no worries at all". Very nice chap - I was impressed.

So looking forward to 2018!

Robert, thanks for this.  I'm so glad that David "doesn't appear to be a  wealthy dilettante looking for an ego boost".  We all can certainly name several of them.  WRT Nigel, also glad he impressed you.  From the way he gets treated on these forums, I sometimes don't know what to think of him.  But I'm way too "new" to the scene to form any opinion.  Time will need to take its course on this.  Thanks again.   CH.

Archived