Friendly

I went to watch Upton v Moorends today (19/8/2017) Both sides looked well drilled and Moorends took a comfortable 12 - 4 lead in the opening 10 minutes before having a player sent off for retaliation after being gouged, Upton hit back with a converted try as they started to find their feet,  Moorends steady themselves and  extended their lead to 18 - 10 and on the half hour mark should have gone further ahead when one of the chasing players knocked on under the posts, Upton attempted to restart the game with a quick tap but the players was tackled by an offside player which resulted in the Moorends payer being sin binned, Upton punished the 11 players of Moorends scoring the next 16 points to take a 26 - 18 lead, Moorends had the final say with a converted try as they finished the game strongly 26 - 24

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, RugbyLad said:

Moorenss Bentley game off. Moorends can't raise a side. So much for winter rugby being what players want to play ?

I'm the secretary of Moorends and didn't know a thing about Moorends v Bentley as for so much for winter rugby, it's the last weekend of the school holidays, a lot of people take the chance to nip out with their kids, going back to the so called fixture, who arranged it ? I was in Scotland till Saturday 7pm and the other guy who looks after the players went away on holiday for two weeks last Thursday.

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, RugbyLad said:

Led to believe Moorends are hosting Bentley this weekend. Should be a good game. 

Led to BELIEVE - While I'm on it have I once mentioned how at time Bentley struggled to fill a team sheet during this SUMMER season and in fact your coach has had to pull a shirt on a few times ? "NO I haven't" why because I get on very well with Witty and Co and respect the hard work they are doing to make their commitment to summer work, do I think it will work, that's a different story but I'm already seeing the sae pattern as I saw with ourselves and many other great clubs who are know struggling in the summer.

6 hours ago, Marauder said:

I'm the secretary of Moorends and didn't know a thing about Moorends v Bentley as for so much for winter rugby, it's the last weekend of the school holidays, a lot of people take the chance to nip out with their kids, going back to the so called fixture, who arranged it ? I was in Scotland till Saturday 7pm and the other guy who looks after the players went away on holiday for two weeks last Thursday.

it was dean armstrong contacted that whitty apparently.  Then said only had 14 bentley offered to give afew players and even said will play 10/11 Aside to try and get the game on as Bentley wanted a run out before the Batley game.

Also say yes whitty did pull a shirt on at east hull to save calling a player up from the 2nd team who traveled away with 11 as it was. 

Was at a 50th birthday last night , as it does the talked turned to rugby .

Everyone had stories to tell about making the numbers up for teams when well passed there prime rugby days (a long way passed)

Its nothing new struggling for players , as bad as its ever been ? yes probably  .

Will it get worse ? yes I think it will , just have a look around your local areas , not many kids playing out , this wont change anytime soon .

Watched Dockers v Lock Lane Saturday , really enjoyed the game both teams played some good rugby , ref did ok , good few watching ,not loads but ok . Yesterday seemed like a good advert for summer rugby . Just watched(short highlights ) Beverley v East Hull on social media again looked a good advert for summer rugby .

Does amateur rugby need new ideas/fresh outlook towards the game , right from the cubs through to open age probably .

It does in the Hull area .

Lots wrong with the game but lots of things are still good with the game , just needs a shake up .  

5 hours ago, RugbyLad said:

it was dean armstrong contacted that whitty apparently.  Then said only had 14 bentley offered to give afew players and even said will play 10/11 Aside to try and get the game on as Bentley wanted a run out before the Batley game.

Also say yes whitty did pull a shirt on at east hull to save calling a player up from the 2nd team who traveled away with 11 as it was. 

All I can say is I knew nothing about it, did the question get asked why they only had 14 players in their off season, the last weekend of the kids holidays, the week before they have their first fixture of the season away at Dearne Valley - I'm sure come next weekend we'll have a full team sheet and Dean is away till this coming Thursday.

10 hours ago, RugbyLad said:

Not really off season first week of September is it. 

I hope you do have a full side out. 

LOL our season starts this Saturday and we've signed 3 players who are not on the players data base tonight, two have played before for us,  I'm going to one of our coaches in the morning who is going to get 3 of our players transferred back from their summer season clubs and tomorrow night I'm getting 7 transfer forms signed by another club for players who want to play in the winter with us, that's on top of the 35 players we've already got signed on, I think we'll be ok and do OK

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, henage said:

Was at a 50th birthday last night , as it does the talked turned to rugby .

Everyone had stories to tell about making the numbers up for teams when well passed there prime rugby days (a long way passed)

Its nothing new struggling for players , as bad as its ever been ? yes probably  .

Will it get worse ? yes I think it will , just have a look around your local areas , not many kids playing out , this wont change anytime soon .

Watched Dockers v Lock Lane Saturday , really enjoyed the game both teams played some good rugby , ref did ok , good few watching ,not loads but ok . Yesterday seemed like a good advert for summer rugby . Just watched(short highlights ) Beverley v East Hull on social media again looked a good advert for summer rugby .

Does amateur rugby need new ideas/fresh outlook towards the game , right from the cubs through to open age probably .

It does in the Hull area .

Lots wrong with the game but lots of things are still good with the game , just needs a shake up .  

Just remembered someone at the 50 birthday party asking me if I remembered the under 18 - 19s (not sure which age group) teams been allowed three open age players . This would have been Hull and District area .

• 2 months later...
On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, RugbyLad said:

Not really off season first week of September is it. 

I hope you do have a full side out. 

So far so good and that's with a shed load of injuries to our better players including 2 broken hands and 2 broken legs, we've got our first home game this weekend after having 8 away on the trot including a preseason friendly. Toll Bar are going OK as well

20 hours ago, Marauder said:

So far so good and that's with a shed load of injuries to our better players including 2 broken hands and 2 broken legs, we've got our first home game this weekend after having 8 away on the trot including a preseason friendly. Toll Bar are going OK as well

Good to hear. Just need to get the Doncaster Cup back up and running and it’s happy days then. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, RugbyLad said:

Good to hear. Just need to get the Doncaster Cup back up and running and it’s happy days then. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, RugbyLad said:

No problems with that, Toll Bar & Moorends are playing winter would Bentleys union lads be ok then ? Plus because Toll Bar & Bentley went summer we've been playing in the Selby cup.

On 11/11/2017 at 8:55 AM, Marauder said:

No problems with that, Toll Bar & Moorends are playing winter would Bentleys union lads be ok then ? Plus because Toll Bar & Bentley went summer we've been playing in the Selby cup.

Bentley have very few union lads playing, and even then they are 2nd team players. 

Not for me to say but a March April time donny cup would seem ideal. Tollbar and You lads in season Bentley just about to start so should work. 

5 hours ago, RugbyLad said:

Bentley have very few union lads playing, and even then they are 2nd team players. 

Not for me to say but a March April time donny cup would seem ideal. Tollbar and You lads in season Bentley just about to start so should work. 

It would have to be played when the dates have been put to one side by BARLA to fit within the fixtures

PS I did watched Bentley a good few times last season.

6 hours ago, RugbyLad said:

Which ones are union players ? Can’t think of anyone that’s playing Union this winter. 

Bentley had some early in the season from Wheatley Hills, a big centre took the eye, he never played away at East Hull when I was there or later when they played Nottingham.

Archived