New TV channel

29 minutes ago, leaguefan13 said:

Just read about a new free tv channel called freesport. It sounds like a sister channel of premier sports which will show free rugby league on free view and sky/bt. 

Yep August 31st. Due to start at 9am.... 9.10am.....9.15am.....9.25am.......9.30am

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Be interesting to know if they are going to put some RLWC games on there.

Doesn't Aunty have the contract and monopoly to ignore these and hide these away from the public for their own protection?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

Doesn't Aunty have the contract and monopoly to ignore these and hide these away from the public for their own protection?

If we picked Mary Berry on the wing for England the Beeb would show the whole bl**dy competition (and give us a spin off show).

What we know from the previous thread.

1. That we don't know exactly what the content will be yet.

2. It will not be available on older FreeView TVs that don't have HD tuners. But a HD set-top* box is cheap.

*we still say "set-top" in this era of flat screen sets, but you know what I mean.

One thing that has just occurred to me; Premier's parent company Setanta used to have a FreeView slot, albeit one that required a subscription card. And one major gripe I had with that was that they only broadcast from afternoon to late night (probably sharing a frequency, like BBC Four does with CBeebies), so you wouldn't see any NRL unless it was repeated during that period. I really do hope that isn't the case this time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

#dejavu

Not that old hashtag again.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I hope they don't show NRL for free when I pay for it!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

If we picked Mary Berry on the wing for England the Beeb would show the whole bl**dy competition (and give us a spin off show).

the beeb is dead

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

14 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I hope they don't show NRL for free when I pay for it!

They technically already do, with Premier making the occasional game free to Sky customers. I expect any NRL coverage will be once every couple of weeks rather than the current blanket coverage on Premier - similar to Super League being occasionally simulcast on the free to view (on Sky) Sky Sports Mix

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

International RL and NRL both featured in the channel's launch trailer

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

Do Sky Sports have the rights to all Championship games?

If not, then there's an ideal opportunity for the RFL to partner a small media company (or a uni with Media Studies and Film making courses!) and film and package Championship and C1 (& National Conference?) games, and hand to Premier/Freesport. Why not even live games.

Here's an example of what can be done by amateurs/enthusiasts at minimal cost - Bartvsports from Australia. Imagine what could be achieved with a bit of finance and professionalism!

Incidentally, is there a UK equivalent of this Aussie sports site?

42 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

And the championship & league one is effectively blacked out till 2022

Ta RFL

League 1 isn't as Premier Sports have been showing it this year via the Wolfpack games

SQL Honours

21 minutes ago, philipw said:

Is Freesports available on the Sky platform? If so, what channel?

Channel numbers at the top of this page: https://www.freesports.tv/

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Do Sky Sports have the rights to all Championship games?

If not, then there's an ideal opportunity for the RFL to partner a small media company (or a uni with Media Studies and Film making courses!) and film and package Championship and C1 (& National Conference?) games, and hand to Premier/Freesport. Why not even live games.

Here's an example of what can be done by amateurs/enthusiasts at minimal cost - Bartvsports from Australia. Imagine what could be achieved with a bit of finance and professionalism!

Incidentally, is there a UK equivalent of this Aussie sports site?

Bartv doesn't appear amateur at all .... just lower budget. I can watch live local Canberra games on my TV with good commentary and basic TV graphics. 

They do a great job and I recommend to everyone to look through their site.

They already do broadcast games played in the UK for a few sports 

Archived