Super League reserve sides in league 1

shawy13

Make 'em all have reserves and play double headers when the first teams meet. If there are logistic reasons why they cannot play two games at the same stadium,  they could play at a local amatuer club. One bus would keep costs down.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Nooooooo! 

Professional hockey and baseball in North America have reserve teams which make up the basis of the American Hockey League (AHL) and the baseball equivalent.  I would suggest the AHL is almost the twin of Championship other then the fact there is no promotion of teams.  Both hockey and baseball have yet another tier that is similar to League 1 (part time semi pro players).  Player do bounce between them depending on injury status, performance, etc.

So I don't think it would hurt  for the suggestion of the article author to be given consideration.

The Toronto Marlies, the reserve team in the AHL draws 11k-14k fans to its games, and it plays in an arena just west of Toronto proper (Hershey Centre in Mississauga), sometimes even having games the same day as the Maple Leafs.

Just now, Captain Survival said:

Professional hockey and baseball in North America have reserve teams which make up the basis of the American Hockey League (AHL) and the baseball equivalent.  I would suggest the AHL is almost the twin of Championship other then the fact there is no promotion of teams.  Both hockey and baseball have yet another tier that is similar to League 1 (part time semi pro players).  Players do bounce between them depending on injury status, performance, etc.

So I don't think it would hurt  for the suggestion of the article author to be given consideration.

The Toronto Marlies, the reserve team in the AHL draws 11k-14k fans to its games, and it plays in an arena just west of Toronto proper (Hershey Centre in Mississauga), sometimes even having games the same day as the Maple Leafs.

Captain, i know you mean well, but 99.99% of people reading this site won't have a clue what you are talking about.

Archived