Remaining Games

ultimate roughyed

Well, one Hairnet is relying on us losing all our 3 remaining games to save their skin.............Read on from their forum........

The remaining games are :-

Oldham v Toulouse     Toulouse Win

Hornets v Swinton       Swinton Win

------------------------------

Sheffield v Hornets      Sheffield Win

Swinton v Oldham        Swinton Win

------------------------------

Toulouse v Swinton      Toulouse Win

Bradford v Hornets        Bradford Win

Oldham v Dewsbury      Dewsbury Win

-------------------------------

Hornets 15 Point + 0 Points Total 15 Points

Oldham 14 points + 0 points Total 14 Points

Swinton 14 Points + 4 Points Total 18 Points

--------------------------------

We survive by the skin of our teeth. I hope.

If we beat Swinton next week we should survive.

As Oldham fans, who would you rather win next week, Rochdale or Swinton?  If Rochdale win they are probably safe and it leaves our showdown with Swinton for winner takes all (can't see them beating Toulouse away).  However, a Swinton win for me is better as they are looking more likely to survive and are in good form.  Judging by the Hornets fans expectations we only need one win and we'd stay up.

I would rather have our fixtures than Rochdale's. Keep playing with same the grit and determination and we have a chance in all 3 games. Focus first on Toulouse. 2 Points from that puts us in a good position no matter what happens in Lions v Hairnets match. Still buzzing after yesterday ;)

18 minutes ago, Town centre roughyed said:

A special mention must go to our fans yesterday,we turned out in numbers and got behind the team for a full 80 mins. Superb day yesterday. UP THE YEDS ?

Great point to make, was far louder than a home match. Hopefully as loud and proud next week against Toulouse. 

Three games to go and everyone is,understandably,looking at the remaining fixtures and trying to work out which computation of results would suit us best.As yesterday's result at Dewsbury shows,this is a difficult,and ultimately futile,exercise. All we can do is concentrate on our own performance,and forget about the things that we can't control.

After our last two results,which have lifted the spirits of the fans and changed the atmosphere around the club completely,we are facing the biggest 3 games in the club's short history. What would I like to see in these games?

I would like to see the same valiant,aggressive defence displayed against Batley and the Hornets,typified by the first 20 minutes of the second half yesterday.

I would like to see the same hard-running from all the forwards,exemplified by Wardy,Joe Burke,Sid and my personal man-of-the-match yesterday,Luke Adamson.

I would like to see more sniping runs from dummy half from Sammy,Matty and Kenny Hughes,who was back to his best yesterday.

I would like to see Chewy build on his increasing confidence in taking on the line,creating chances for support players,as with Luke Hooley yesterday.

I would like to see less indiscipline.All teams concede penalties,but yesterday,we gave away a further 10 metres on two occasions for backchat.

Most of all,though,I would like to see,and hear,all those magnificent fans who made the trip yesterday,supplemented by "fringe" Yeds,at those last 3 games,cheering them to safety.

If it comes down to needing a win against Dewsbury in our last game,I would encourage CH to reduce admission prices,or even consider free entrance.This would not only hopefully boost the attendance,but serve as a massive "thank-you" to the loyal Yeds,who have stuck with the team throughout this difficult season..............yes,I know I'm dreaming!

Agree with you re Adamson, I thought he was terrific. Hewitt was superb too as all of them were. 

The result doesn't change the position much but more crucially it gives the players confidence that they can compete with teams. Toulouse have Ford back but if we can nullify him who knows? 

Ben Moores and Gaz Middlehurst suspended. Moores out for the season and Middlehurst 2 matches. Makes life evn more difficult for Hairnets. Did the incident when Jono Smith go on report? I didn't see it but someone on Hairnets page said it was. 

I was sat right opposite the incident it was a full blooded tackle by ward and it was a bad clash of heads.  no hornets  players rushed in to confront ward as they would have done if they had deemed it dirty play pure accident but we are dealing with the rfl ?. 

next sundays match against Toulouse what sort of team will they send out as they have finished top of the bottom eights and cant be caught. will they play their reserves in their last three games.

17 hours ago, Yed17 said:

Any video from Yesterday Dave?

The RFL video site went a bit wonky a few weeks back and you couldn't grab anything.  It's fixed now but I have a backlog of stuff to do.  I'll see if I can create a highlights video of some sorts.

2 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

The RFL video site went a bit wonky a few weeks back and you couldn't grab anything.  It's fixed now but I have a backlog of stuff to do.  I'll see if I can create a highlights video of some sorts.

That would be good if you could dave

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Archived