2018 Squad

davet

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have released a lot of good players and other clubs are spending a lot of money taking our ex players. I honestly believe we are going to sign some quality players better than those departed, otherwise why release people if you haven't got a better alternative. Hull connection probably took Liam to Donny. All the profile teams in League 1 are desperate to get promoted next year and some will end up financially embarrassed no doubt.

ah well it was good while it lasted, new season a head will have to pick up the pieces and start again, lot of new faces to come in 

i hope ? so it will back to the drawing board anyway , did hope we could keep hold of Liam as i thought  he and Connor were a good 

combination but not to be 

A shame, but best of luck to him. However he said he wanted to stay full time, I wonder if Doncaster are somehow paying him full time wages? If so, it's a big risk? Also I wonder if he's been given a pathway to potentially get an opporunity at Hull FC in the future through Richard Horne's connection....can't fault him if so.

I've seen Doncaster are basically giving season tickets away next season n all. £30 if the sell 1000 or £60 if they dont. Depending on how many home games we have in this league next year it works out at about £2 a game.

I'm all for clubs trying different strategies to get people to games but I'd be very worried if we were doing something like that. Crackers.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

6 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I've seen Doncaster are basically giving season tickets away next season n all. £30 if the sell 1000 or £60 if they dont. Depending on how many home games we have in this league next year it works out at about £2 a game.

I'm all for clubs trying different strategies to get people to games but I'd be very worried if we were doing something like that. Crackers.

They needed to try something but I never think devaluing your product is a good idea.

Wakefield and Bradford have both tried it, I believe Huddersfield too. It works for a season but once the season ticket goes back up to full price, there's little increase in numbers. It does seem like Doncaster are going for a win or bust approach, fair play to them but I'm satisfied those running York City Knights wouldn't gamble with the club in that way.

I remember arguing this point with a Wakefield fan, he was delighted as they were averaging something like 7K on the back of £50 season tickets, he was convinced when they went up to full price a lot of the new fans drawn by the £50 tickets would be willing to pay the standard £200 (ish). They weren't, crowds dipped and they went through some financial dificulties.

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

£60 only applies if they sell less than 500 adult/concession season tickets.

If they sell between 500 - 749 season tickets, then the price is £50

If they sell between 749 - 999 season tickets, then the price is £40

If they sell more than 1000 season tickets, then the price is £30

They are also giving away the first 250 child season tickets for free, although that number may rise depending on demand.

That's some offer, but one that may cause them issues unless Hull/A benefactor are putting money into the club. 

23 minutes ago, Shadow45 said:

£60 only applies if they sell less than 500 adult/concession season tickets.

If they sell between 500 - 749 season tickets, then the price is £50

If they sell between 749 - 999 season tickets, then the price is £40

If they sell more than 1000 season tickets, then the price is £30

They are also giving away the first 250 child season tickets for free, although that number may rise depending on demand.

That's some offer, but one that may cause them issues unless Hull/A benefactor are putting money into the club. 

Basically, they're aiming for about £30k in season ticket sales. If they get on average of 100 extra fans a game paying to get in, their gate receipts and season ticket sales will be about £60k over a season. Bear in mind that figure also contains VAT so they'll get £50k for a seasons matches, plus RFL money & sponsorship. A large chunk of has gone on Liam Harris as well.

Either they have someone stumping up the shortfall or they're on glue.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Time will tell , the Dons do not have any creditors which is a plus .

We had to do something to attract crowds , you guys have done brilliantly to get the crowds upto 1000.

If we sell extra merchandising  to go along with increased sponsorship we had on 2017. All we need is better performances on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, weighman said:

Time will tell , the Dons do not have any creditors which is a plus .

We had to do something to attract crowds , you guys have done brilliantly to get the crowds upto 1000.

If we sell extra merchandising  to go along with increased sponsorship we had on 2017. All we need is better performances on the pitch.

It's a gamble that will hopefully come up trumps for you . You'll try and make some extra money on pints, pies and merchandise 

SL clubs have tried similar and it didn't work, best of luck to Doncaster though.

The reasoning from the owners last night at the launch seemed to be that they're making enough from the commercial side of the club (ie sponsors, boxes, hospitality) to be self sufficient so the money they get from the gates is a bonus. They'd rather try and get 1000 through the gate for the same income as 500.

As a Doncaster fan who has seen things explode I wouldn't be so bold to suggest this will be a success, rather I'll cross my fingers and hope

28 minutes ago, Jemmo said:

The reasoning from the owners last night at the launch seemed to be that they're making enough from the commercial side of the club (ie sponsors, boxes, hospitality) to be self sufficient so the money they get from the gates is a bonus. They'd rather try and get 1000 through the gate for the same income as 500.

As a Doncaster fan who has seen things explode I wouldn't be so bold to suggest this will be a success, rather I'll cross my fingers and hope

Working harder rather than smarter? 

Archived