2018 Squad

davet

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible dual reg.

http://www.totalrl.com/hull-kingston-rovers-confirm-signing-thibault-franck/

“It’s a good opportunity for him to continue his development in a full-time environment and there’s the option of him playing for York City Knights or City of Hull Academy as well, which is a bonus in terms of getting game time. He’s very quick and he’s got good skills so we’re looking forward to seeing how he progresses in pre-season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gav, as previously asked by george, can you shed any light on the position with Nev Morrison and Ed Smith. The Total RL web site which shows all the comings and goings and new squads for each club, makes no mention of either player. Ed Smith was badly injured around the time he was linked with Salford and then had a long period before being scheduled for an operation. Is he still on York’s books and likely to return when fit and how about Morrison?.

I like all the work that's been put into the club and I think it's heading in a great direction. However it would be great to have something a bit more special when players of a stature like Jonny Presley and Ed Smith leave the club - players who've given many many years of service.

I'm not saying the club should retire their shirt numbers, rename a stand and announce a public holiday (that would be nice!), but something like getting them along to a fans forum (assuming they've left on good terms) and allowing the York fans to publicly show their appreciation, or getting them on the pitch at half time at a match this season to say a few words.

I understand contract negotiations work differently in NL1 compared to SL, there are different timeframes etc but at Cas all the players confirmed as leaving the club give a little thankyou over the microphone following the last home match, it gives everyone in the ground an opportunity to give a proper farewell. I always think it's a nice touch, but maybe that's just me :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Is he related to the great Alan maskill who played for us many moons a go

Happy hookers always welcome at the kneets???

He's the son of Colin  Maskill, don't know if there is any connection to Alan.

Archived