2nd/3rd Sept : Super 8s - Qualifiers Match thread

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent first half in London. Broncos seem incapable of getting the Warrington players on their backs, giving them far too many quick PTBs, and I think that's gonna bite them on the bum later in the second half. You'd imagine the speed of the game is gonna suit Warrington more.

hopefully I'm wrong. Barthau and Sammut both looking god going forward.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

20 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Smith who seemed to have done well with a talented squad but just can't get your average Joe to perform to the level that Powell, McDermott or Wane can.

I think there would be very few people at Leeds - fans or players - who would rate McDermott's overall coaching ability over Smith's. In fact a coach exchange might be perfect at the present stage of things at Headingley, just in time for TS to have the same influence he had on a young-ish team as he did when he first arrived in late 2003 :)

9 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Honestly though, would you be disappointed to see Maguire brought in?   I wasn't a fan of his tactics at Wigan but he certainly knows how to get his team winning the psychological battle.   All depends on who is brought in to steer the team from the halves.   If it's Trent Hodkinson I'd feel a bit more comfortable than if Kevin Brown was our only hope...

Based on someone delivering tactics you dont like and recent bad results it surprises me you would welcome him.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Based on someone delivering tactics you dont like and recent bad results it surprises me you would welcome him.

Yup, I don't like the way Wigan play but I'd take their trophy haul over the last five years in a flash over ours.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Knock on from Jack Hughes, no try.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Trojan will be having a fit if he's watching this.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, DavidM said:

No the ground sort of made him  Come on that was blatant 

Terry didnt think so and he aint a Wire fan. I didnt see a knock on, because i didnt see his hand leave the ball, but i accept it was 50:50 and wouldnt have complained had it gone the other way.

Decisions like this do tend to become certainties though when they go against the underdog.

Archived