new survey on cc

15 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Compared to the proximity of the facilities available at Cardiff, it is, in my opinion, in the middle of nowhere.

It isn't in the middle of nowhere at all though, and if that was a criteria it is far better than Wembley for location.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

But I wasn't comparing it to Wembley. I was comparing it to Cardiff.

I give up.

jeez, apologies for engaging in discussion. I thought Wembley was relevant considering that is where we currently play.

Sorry Jim. Now I give up.

In a few years time they'll be plenty of grounds in London with a capacity of about 70,000 with superb corporate facilities to choose from.

Ashburton Grove = Arsenal

Olympic Stadium = West Ham

White Hart Lane = Spurs - being rebuilt now (the NFL will use this - not Wembley)

Stamford Bridge = Chelsea (to be rebuilt next season)

And all available for a May / June time final.

Wembley is finished IMO - it's easy to get a ticket for something sporting there, so it's lost it's USP.

I've been told touts were selling tickets for the CC outside for a fiver - as they were stuck with them (doubt that will happen again).

Time to go I feel ......

9 minutes ago, Womer said:

In a few years time they'll be plenty of grounds in London with a capacity of about 70,000 with superb corporate facilities to choose from.

Ashburton Grove = Arsenal

Olympic Stadium = West Ham

White Hart Lane = Spurs - being rebuilt now (the NFL will use this - not Wembley)

Stamford Bridge = Chelsea (to be rebuilt next season)

And all available for a May / June time final.

Wembley is finished IMO - it's easy to get a ticket for something sporting there, so it's lost it's USP.

I've been told touts were selling tickets for the CC outside for a fiver - as they were stuck with them (doubt that will happen again).

Time to go I feel ......

If any touts had bought tickets for the CC Final then they are idiots.

16 hours ago, shaun mc said:

IIRC options were Cardiff, Edinburgh, Dublin, Anfield, Old Trafford, Olympic Stadium and Wembley

May have been one other - LSV or Doncaster

Maybe there is something in the rumours about Nigel Wood to Odsal

Watkins back to the RFL and with his Old Trafford connections?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41108462

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

22 hours ago, my missus said:

just had a survey from the rl about the challenge cup questions such as "where do you think the challenge cup should be played in future" if this survey goes same as the others ti will not be played at wembley after next year.:negative:

No ifs no buts it should stay at Wembley the home of the challenge cup imo.

Archived