2018 Squad confirmed

andyram

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

Lucas has been enjoying the off season with snap a plenty. 18 stone for a center/ second row is impressive!

With what I've been hearing,if Tom Hemingway carries on drinking every night in priestly's bar your going to have  18st hooker/halfback on your hands?doesn't Diskin own that bar now?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheeky vimtos are very low on calorific values. He shouldn' get too worked out on kicking Tee duty

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

21 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Speakman signed other week as far as I know,heard today that Sykes had signed,don't know about Rob Spicer.

They start back training next Wednesday so I might call on and see who's there on the training pitch,let's be honest I think that's the only way we are going to find anything out.

If Sykes has signed Im a happy bunny...Blooming rumours...bad for your blood pressure..

Still be gutted if Rob doesn't get a testimonial with us though..

An update on all of the squad would be good if AndyRam could spare the time.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

An update on all of the squad would be good if AndyRam could spare the time.

I've only put the names of the ones that have been confirmed by the club or in the rugby newspapers,hopefully more news will come out when the new club's website is up and running.

1 minute ago, graham fisher said:

We signed Rob Worrincy from Halifax.

Wasn't he in a double act with Charlie Drake?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

And it seems that we have actually signed Billy Hayes permanently rather than it being a loan. Still looking for a couple more players though. Some of those Tongan lads looked handy!

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

The Warrior, one of my favourite Fax players over the years. He is going to make some big mistakes for you but he is also capable of going the length of the field and will win more penalties for you than anyone else in the backline and possibly the rest of the team. He's a good guy as well.

Great signing.. Lets hope he has a centre that knows how and when to pass the ball.  Anyone seen Marquis Charles recently?

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Some of those Tongan lads looked handy!

There's a pile to players from PNG, Tonga, Somoa and Fiji that Id love to seen in our colours but I suspect that any coming to the Championship will have been snaffled by Sheffield already!!! 

Aston is out there of course,,,anyone seen Ned out there scouting ?  Maybe it was him we saw in the red, amber and black in the earlier posts?

40 minutes ago, NickD said:

There's a pile to players from PNG, Tonga, Somoa and Fiji that Id love to seen in our colours but I suspect that any coming to the Championship will have been snaffled by Sheffield already!!! 

Aston is out there of course,,,anyone seen Ned out there scouting ?  Maybe it was him we saw in the red, amber and black in the earlier posts?

I would be interested to see how Sheffield could squeeze them under their salary cap given their woeful attendances last season.

Worrincy is the only player I've ever seen turn his back whilst fielding an up and under or in front of an attacking player. We came to a few rams games for a fiver a whilst back. Fax and Fev games

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I saw him catch the ball standing in touch last season but to counter that I saw him go nearly the full length of the field on at least two occasions which is a fantastic sight. Not to mention he is the only player I have seen go 100 metres in a grand final. Id still have him at Fax and Im sure he may have stayed but for his career choice which would have made making training difficult.

5 hours ago, andyram said:

I've added Dom Speakman and Gareth Potts to the list,not sure about Potts availability.Anyone know if Spicer was at the first training session this evening ?

All signed on for next season apart from them that's been named. Tony Tonks, Toby Adamson,Shaun Squires,Mitch Stringer and Hemingway. Nothing been said about Alex Brown?

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I would be interested to see how Sheffield could squeeze them under their salary cap given their woeful attendances last season.

Indeed BSJ. But they have a long history of squeezing a few south sea islanders into a squad that must have a cracking salary cap given their average home gates and lack of a permanent home not just for last year but the last few years 

Archived