Swinton away - - - - Sunday - - - - - Sale

clifford

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tongue in cheek,  yes 5 drives up to the half way and then another 5. And when we threw the ball about we score some decent tries.. Second half at Halifax springs to mind. 

All I'm saying is that the game will more than likely be won on the fewest errors penalties not open rugby 

If we win by 50 we still only get 2 championship points 

The club will survive even if we are relegated, return to Whitebank ( incidentally called down there tonight and tbf it looks really good, I think a lot who haven't seen it will be pleasantly surprised!) and rebuild in Champ 1 (again). 

Look at it this way, for either team who drops a division it may not be the worst thing in the world. Next season the Championship will have Toulouse,Toronto,one of the Super League clubs in, and possibly Haven or Barrow as well as the usual suspects.With those additions it will be even harder to compete on the money we have and survive.Bradford will surely be installed as favourites to win Champ 1 next season,but we can compete on a more level footing overall,as can Swinton with our finances etc.

Anyway I hope we don't drop down the trapdoor but if it happens then the Swinton game will relegate us,but won't be the reason we go down. The reasons are many,injuries,bad luck,tactics are easy to blame but games we have thrown away during the season having had very decent leads will be the only reason we will be in Champ 1. Over a full season of 30 games we have not been good enough.

Let's hope that we can remain in the Champ but it's not the end of the world if we dont imho.

Hoping to see a good turnout of Yeds at Sale, we won't give up til it's done with. Be loud and proud on Sunday and see if we can help the lads to a win and another season in the Champ and see if we can improve on what has been a ultimately disappointing season this time around.

Up the Yeds!

15 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

The club will survive even if we are relegated, return to Whitebank ( incidentally called down there tonight and tbf it looks really good, I think a lot who haven't seen it will be pleasantly surprised!) and rebuild in Champ 1 (again). 

Look at it this way, for either team who drops a division it may not be the worst thing in the world. Next season the Championship will have Toulouse,Toronto,one of the Super League clubs in, and possibly Haven or Barrow as well as the usual suspects.With those additions it will be even harder to compete on the money we have and survive.Bradford will surely be installed as favourites to win Champ 1 next season,but we can compete on a more level footing overall,as can Swinton with our finances etc.

Anyway I hope we don't drop down the trapdoor but if it happens then the Swinton game will relegate us,but won't be the reason we go down. The reasons are many,injuries,bad luck,tactics are easy to blame but games we have thrown away during the season having had very decent leads will be the only reason we will be in Champ 1. Over a full season of 30 games we have not been good enough.

Let's hope that we can remain in the Champ but it's not the end of the world if we dont imho.

Hoping to see a good turnout of Yeds at Sale, we won't give up til it's done with. Be loud and proud on Sunday and see if we can help the lads to a win and another season in the Champ and see if we can improve on what has been a ultimately disappointing season this time around.

Up the Yeds!

I personally as a Lions fan predict that Catalans will go down which along with Toulouse is going to be a bloody expensive season for Championship clubs and that is of course assuming that Hull KR go up which I think they will because they bring crowds and money and without them(I refuse to talk about Bradford)crowds will be down I fear.

Of course I as a Lions fan don't want Swinton to go down as much as you as a Yeds fan don't want Oldham to go down but I ask the question bearing in mind what the Championship could be like next year would relegation be as big a disaster that is feared?One thing for sure travel costs will be cheaper by a lot.Welll they would have to be.

One thing for sure, neither Oldham or Swinton will 'die' by being relegated.

Just a shame it has to be one of us.

Interesting what 34 said about Whitebank, shame ORLFC didn't have the same vision for the place when we had it. i take it that RL can be played on there and the side walls are not an issue?

46 minutes ago, Whitworth Yed said:

One thing for sure, neither Oldham or Swinton will 'die' by being relegated.

Just a shame it has to be one of us.

Interesting what 34 said about Whitebank, shame ORLFC didn't have the same vision for the place when we had it. i take it that RL can be played on there and the side walls are not an issue?

They had the vision, even had plans drawn up which were shared with fans but didn't have/don't have the money for such a project. 

That wall is a massive issue,the RFL would never allow it,it's down right dangerous,if there's anywhere on a RL pitch where you are gonna get smashed into touch it's the the corners and that wall is a serious injury and a lawsuit waiting to happen..

Also I'm sure ORLFC did have a similar vision,minus the wall,for whiteBank..what we didn't have is upwards of £500,000, if not more,avro have spent to do it

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Not to derail the thread,just to answer Whitworth, I don't know about wether RL can be played there mate or the wall issue. Just looking at the stadium from when we had it, it looks fantastic. It would be a shame really if we couldn't use it. That debate is for another thread though.

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I thought Avro had a grant from the FA to pay for it? 

And big bucks from the council for the Lancaster club grounds. Agree with 34, it looks really well but also not sure about the wall situation. 

The exception to the same team is to bring Nealo in, for who though? Possibly as Yed says run with 2 hookers which would probs mean Sammy missing or does Burkey miss out. Imho its too big a chance to take on Lippy, who as we know has been out for a while. Grimmer has to stay in for Leatherbarrow also. I expect us to go with.......

Hooley,Clay,Tyson,Morris,P-Paul,Grimmer,Chewy,Spencer,Hughes,Neal,Bent,Adamson,Thommo. Subs. Sid,Wardy,Wilko,Gee/Burke

went into the ground at whitebank this afternoon pitch looks excellent stand not on the half way line but stuck in a corner and very small. all sides of the pitch open to the elements no covered areas apart for the stand,all along the pitch on the other side from the stand are steel railings that you can lean on but close to the touchline in my humble opinion the pitch to play rugby on would have to be narrowed by at least two yards.

59 minutes ago, tandle said:

went into the ground at whitebank this afternoon pitch looks excellent stand not on the half way line but stuck in a corner and very small. all sides of the pitch open to the elements no covered areas apart for the stand,all along the pitch on the other side from the stand are steel railings that you can lean on but close to the touchline in my humble opinion the pitch to play rugby on would have to be narrowed by at least two yards.

Did you see the red/orange markings? That is where the rugby pitch is going to be marked out. It is quite a way inside those of the football pitch. But i do understand the concerns about the walls. 

4 minutes ago, Yed17 said:

Did you see the red/orange markings? That is where the rugby pitch is going to be marked out. It is quite a way inside those of the football pitch. But i do understand the concerns about the walls. 

At the very least padding would need to be installed, along with a full risk assessment

But......

It isn't going to come to that because we will be staying up and hopefully back at the fold next year, personally I think its a cracking ground for RL

1 hour ago, tandle said:

The Stand is the same as it always was,the open areas are the same as they were. Did you expect new stands already??

Perhaps the mods could move all the ground posts to a more appropriate thread, I'm guessing this one was supposed to be about Sundays game lol.

btw r34, think you're lineup for Sunday is spot on, although it depends how fit lippy is for me. Hooley hasn't done much wrong and is playing well. Lippy gives you the ability to create something with his line breaks though..

Hooley, Clay, Tyson, Morris, P.Paul, Grimmer, Chewy, Neal, Hughes, Burke, Adamson, Bent, Thompson

Subs

Wilkinson, Sid, Wardy, Gee/Spanner

Archived