Swinton away - - - - Sunday - - - - - Sale

clifford

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

I've floated the idea of a fan owned club several times down the years,fans tend to like the idea but take it to a body with abit of clout,the supporters groups,club etc...and you'll get chased away..

250 fans paying £25 a month membership,for which you get a season ticket,discount on merchandise,voting rights etc..will put £75,000 a year into the club...and that's just 250 fans

Most people think a fans owned club is the way forward, however such a club doesn't have the funds to buy CH out.  Without that upfront cash, its a non starter.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Well said Spud. Easy if you don't actually go to any games Did your fan club not get met with derision from those who bother to go to at least one game. . Joke you mate, fan my ######,I'd rather game Hitler running the club than faceless warriors. Stick to stirring on the main forum. Well done to Swinton, fair result and may I say our fans were brilliant today. The day didn't end well ha, but Swinton fans you were a credit to your club and RL, could have rubbed it in but no, sympathised with us travelling fans and it was a pleasure to have a beer with you. 

We will have a club next year I'm sure, wonder if Spud will make an appearance or is he our next chairman???

Moderation request...

Please play the ball not the man.  Argue about the facts not personal.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Bedford, sometimes you have to let the guys engage in whatever (harmless) verbal fisticuffs that allow people to get it off their chest. If you're truly passionate, you've really got to blow off a bit of steam now and again.

Fair shout from Taff, calling a man out who never goes to games, just snipes from t'sidelines.

Leave it fella.

Whats personal about it? Someone who doesn't even go to games but knows everything about what's right for the club? Just pointing out facts. We went down for many reasons. It's bad enough for us who bother to go to games ( every fan who attended this season,wether every game or just one, they are fans), we don't need the snipers who think they know how to run the club but contribute nothing financially, vocally or in anyway to support the club. Easy to spout rhetoric on here, difficult to see those players apologising to us fans today, some in tears. So sorry to offend the rules, but hard lines, I apologise for nothing. One love,one club,Oldham RLFC.

Of course feelings will be running high, i fear for the future of the club.

I wonder if Hamilton stepped aside then what would hapen, would there be enough folk willing to put their money in?im sure there are plenty who would, maybe a consortium? 

My feeling is hamilton will not walk away..which would be a disaster imho.

When Wardy dropped the ball at the start of the second half me and my cousin got that sinking feeling.It was just so sad to see the lack of invention when attacking, just one man stuff. Swinton  scored tries making the ball do the work,we didn't, so Swinton deserved to stay up.Fair play to them

Swinton, if nothing else, looked like they benefited from the little regime change they went through.If and when one comes to Oldham I hope its not too late.

2 minutes ago, andykenny said:

When Wardy dropped the ball at the start of the second half me and my cousin got that sinking feeling.It was just so sad to see the lack of invention when attacking, just one man stuff. Swinton  scored tries making the ball do the work,we didn't, so Swinton deserved to stay up.Fair play to them

Swinton, if nothing else, looked like they benefited from the little regime change they went through.If and when one comes to Oldham I hope its not too late.

I think thats a fair post, the last sentence in particular sticks out. 

The bare fact is the club is a shambles under CH, i salute the brave 4or 50 who go every away game but really you cant hope to run a successful club and those kind of numbers, its just not going to work. 

As i said earlier, the club needs to play in the town to have any hope of growing, as nice as stalybridge is its never going to be home for most oldham fans, a fact born out of the horrific attendances.

Totally agree Andy , don't know what happened second half, we seemed to lose enthusiasm, will to win, deviated from what was working in the first half. I must admit at half time I thought we would kick on and win it. Sadly it wasn't to be, although that was the final nail in the seasons coffin, it's a culmination of promising much but delivering nothing. Ifs and buts are easy in retrospect, over 30 games we were not smart/good/lucky enough to survive. We should have been, I can't help feeling that the Summer Bash game was a huge turning point.

21 minutes ago, OLD YED said:

I think thats a fair post, the last sentence in particular sticks out. 

The bare fact is the club is a shambles under CH, i salute the brave 4or 50 who go every away game but really you cant hope to run a successful club and those kind of numbers, its just not going to work. 

As i said earlier, the club needs to play in the town to have any hope of growing, as nice as stalybridge is its never going to be home for most oldham fans, a fact born out of the horrific attendances.

You continually say get rid of Hamilton but don't come up with any viable alternative. bore! Do you not see nobody wants to take the reigns. You talk about people he's put off. Who? Name them. Some have had short term input and then tried to screw us!

9 minutes ago, Yed17 said:

You continually say get rid of Hamilton but don't come up with any viable alternative. bore! Do you not see nobody wants to take the reigns. You talk about people he's put off. Who? Name them. Some have had short term input and then tried to screw us!

Im not going to name anyone i dont think thats fair.

I look at the facts-

Under Hamiltons 'stewardship'  the club is potless (skint), it has no home , it relies pretty much solely on duel reg to field a team, it attracts crowds of 6-700, i mean, where do i stop?

Like i said, there are the hardcore 40-50 who attend every away game and probably 5-600 for home games, its a joke, im sorry but it is.

The club is dying, i would hazard a guess Naylor walks soon enough, its not being horrible, its simply telling the truth, its nothing more than an amateur club, at best.

And again, im sorry if the post upsets people, im upset the club i grew up supporting has come to this, fiasco.

2 hours ago, tandle said:

you have got to remember that hornets where  equal owners of spotland and where bought out by Rochdale afc I would think for a nice amount this was last season so how long will this money last ?.

We have the smallest budget in the championship.

7 minutes ago, The Lad said:

We have the smallest budget in the championship.

jesus you must be majorly skint then!!! 

Well thas the season done with, i can look forward to seeing all those leeds rhinos tops around town, i mean, that initself says everything, makes me sick.

As a hornet fan I am sad to see oldham go down as the games between us are good for both clubs financially and good to watch,  it was good that hornets oldham and Swinton where in the championship and I do belive that the championship is worse off becuase the three of us will not be there.

You pushed a lot of teams close this year losing by only 2 points away at feverstone I belive and there where a couple more instances where you didn't lose by a lot, so it shows you where close which I know is no consolation.

It is hard league 1 and with the bulls in there aswell it isn't going to be easy coming back up but I wish you the best of luck.

2 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Well said Spud. Easy if you don't actually go to any games Did your fan club not get met with derision from those who bother to go to at least one game. . Joke you mate, fan my ######,I'd rather game Hitler running the club than faceless warriors. Stick to stirring on the main forum. Well done to Swinton, fair result and may I say our fans were brilliant today. The day didn't end well ha, but Swinton fans you were a credit to your club and RL, could have rubbed it in but no, sympathised with us travelling fans and it was a pleasure to have a beer with you. 

We will have a club next year I'm sure, wonder if Spud will make an appearance or is he our next chairman???

That's abit uncalled for.... particularly since it's no secret I work on Sundays,I'm in work now on my dinner!..blow off steam if you want,i get it,but it's not my fault the club has been relegated!

2 hours ago, BryanC said:

Bedford, sometimes you have to let the guys engage in whatever (harmless) verbal fisticuffs that allow people to get it off their chest. If you're truly passionate, you've really got to blow off a bit of steam now and again.

Fair shout from Taff, calling a man out who never goes to games, just snipes from t'sidelines.

Leave it fella.

Who's sniping?? I was merely responding to a post about fan ownership..

There is a way to do it and it could be very successful but,as highlighted in this thread,and it's not just our club it's a majority of RL clubs,people & fans are very rarely on the same page and it doesn't take alot for to get emotional and then it gets nowhere..

The way to do it,if anyone is interested is this..

ORSA changes its membership model to monthly,with a board,members of which would be voted into the ORLFC board

CH gifts ORSA a percentage of the club,10-15% whatever,with a memorandum of understanding that ORSA purchases a certain percentage of the club each season at a agreed price (CH gets his money and the fans get the club... eventually)

Now...as I do every off season,I'll ask the powers that be if I can change my days off and hopefully i'll see some of you next season...

And please stop the in fighting guys :(

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Roughyed34 I went to nearly every game for nearly two years, set up a meeting with Hamilton and Rugby Oldham along with other supporters. I'm not rich, but I along with others said we'd start a membership scheme and support the building of better facilities at Whitebank with thousands of our own money - if it was a trust owned club. And we were serious. I put my name in the ###### paper. So how is any of that faceless? We floated the idea of a partially fan owned club with Rugby Oldham to include a membership scheme. He said he wanted it but as soon as it got serious we were ignored, briefed against and riduculed. And you lot fell for it, bought the ###### that we were the bad guys and some of you actually made it unpleasant to attend games. So yeah, guess what, I don't go anymore. Dont pretend you want more fans. You don't. Dont pretend you want a solution. You don't. My personal opinion is that everyone involved in Rugby League in Oldham is more concerned with retaining their own little fiefdom and influence than they are with having a sustainable club or a successful team. Wake the up.

I can't see this club making an immediate return to this level of rugby league for some time in its present state, this as been on the cards all season with the teams performances in majority of the games. I know I'm stating the obvious but what we need is a big investment, and god knows where that will come from.

9 hours ago, andykenny said:

Spot on.I got exactly the same feeling. A big"oh no" moment, I could sense things unraveling and there wasn't a sodding thing anyone could do about it. I genuinely felt helpless.

we have been relegated for one simple reason playing with no scrum half all season a scrum half  is your main play maker. I have been ridiculed In the past for saying this but when the opposing fans see it, it makes me sick this position should have been sorted out early in the season and we would not have been relegated fact. and as for whitebank how do you know that avros want us there the club runs 14 teams at all levels hand have great support from the community why get mixed up with a liability like us. 

2 hours ago, HomeOfTheTubularBandage said:

Roughyed34 I went to nearly every game for nearly two years, set up a meeting with Hamilton and Rugby Oldham along with other supporters. I'm not rich, but I along with others said we'd start a membership scheme and support the building of better facilities at Whitebank with thousands of our own money - if it was a trust owned club. And we were serious. I put my name in the ###### paper. So how is any of that faceless? We floated the idea of a partially fan owned club with Rugby Oldham to include a membership scheme. He said he wanted it but as soon as it got serious we were ignored, briefed against and riduculed. And you lot fell for it, bought the ###### that we were the bad guys and some of you actually made it unpleasant to attend games. So yeah, guess what, I don't go anymore. Dont pretend you want more fans. You don't. Dont pretend you want a solution. You don't. My personal opinion is that everyone involved in Rugby League in Oldham is more concerned with retaining their own little fiefdom and influence than they are with having a sustainable club or a successful team. Wake the up.

Brilliant post.

While i understand folk who want a club to support, the bare fact is the clubs  a joke.Its little more than an amateur club, Hamilton knows it, you know it,and so do the vast majority of oldhamers.

Hence the crowds - or lack of them.

14 minutes ago, tandle said:

we have been relegated for one simple reason playing with no scrum half all season a scrum half  is your main play maker. I have been ridiculed In the past for saying this but when the opposing fans see it, it makes me sick this position should have been sorted out early in the season and we would not have been relegated fact. and as for whitebank how do you know that avros want us there the club runs 14 teams at all levels hand have great support from the community why get mixed up with a liability like us. 

Regarding whitebank, hamilton better hope he can wrangle something because stalybridge aint going to be an option with crowds in the low hundreds next season, if there is a next season.

I was sat in the stand yesterday and there was loads of Oldham fans in there, then we had R34 and the gang in the first half directly opposite singing their hearts out. This for me shows that there is still enough Oldham people who care/support the club to keep going, which it will!

We have been in the 3rd tier before and come back, we will just have to do it again.

RE. Whitebank - don't want to hijack this thread with another topic but I heard a youth player went into the side wall last week (playing football) and had to go to hospital with a head wound

2 minutes ago, roughyed1064 said:

cant see this club going back to whitebank, maybe training base  yes, but not home matches.

I was just going to say the same thing.And i cant see stalybridge being an option either,.

Which leaves BP, but hasnt the chairman burnt his bridges there as well.

Archived