Swinton away - - - - Sunday - - - - - Sale

clifford

2 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

He has one asset that is worth quite a bit and one that no one else can run a club without and that is membership of the RFL. Land, stadia,  goal posts etc are useless without that membership. That's the trump card. So that's what he owns.  If you want it you have to pay the asking price.

I see.

So basically, the club has ZERO assets,the only thing it has worth selling is the RFL membership card.

what an absolute joke.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, OLD YED said:

I see.

So basically, the club has ZERO assets,the only thing it has worth selling is the RFL membership card.

what an absolute joke.

And not only that, once you've agreed a price, you will then have to pass a 'fit and proper persons' check by the RFL, you'll need to have additional money to run the club, pay staff, purchase goods and services etc etc. So unless your number comes up in the euro millions tonight it's a none starter and really a waste of energy and vitriol even discussing it I'm afraid.oh and one other thing, I'm pretty certain any agreed price will involve taking on any debts.

2 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

And not only that, once you've agreed a price, you will then have to pass a 'fit and proper persons' check by the RFL, you'll need to have additional money to run the club, pay staff, purchase goods and services etc etc. So unless your number comes up in the euro millions tonight it's a none starter and really a waste of energy and vitriol even discussing it I'm afraid.

Its a difficult one, we all know the club is a shambles, at best.

And i do not like putting money in the blokes pocket, but i want there to be a succsessful oldham club.

Im afraid i think like hundreds if not thousands of others im at the point of boycott,i dont want to do it, but look at the other thread about the kit, sounds like hes up to his old tricks again,which begs the question how on earth is he passing the fit and proper persons check by the RL?

Its a circus, and i keep seeing this 'be loud,be proud' on social media..proud of what exactly? A shambles of a club with a an utter shambles of an owner?

Im pretty sure the bloke will not walk away, and i fully understand others who say well what happens if he goes, but look at this way, if Oldham RLFC was a pet and you took him to the vet,.......

Thr RFL can choose to issue membership to other organisations you know.

As for the fit and proper persons test, this works differently where the club is run by a joint board elected from a membership of a fans trust, as it is funded differently. I'm sure there is still a test of some kind for board members, fans of membership run clubs could advise on specifics. RO may also be able to advise.

RO currently have the monopoly on a fans trust for Oldham as there is currently only allowed to be one trust per area/club as I understand it. However if RO amended their constitution to formally include the aim of running the town's professional club through a membership trust ... then they can be a vehicle by which such a trust could purchase the club and the RFL membership. Or, if the current club should fold, RO could be the vehicke by which a fans trust applies to the RFL for  NEW nembership for a NEW ORLFC club.

I think that's right. I'm not sure if RO would comment on it. I don't know the current state of their relationship with the club. Although, if I'm wrong I'm sure they would point that out.

17 minutes ago, HomeOfTheTubularBandage said:

Thr RFL can choose to issue membership to other organisations you know.

As for the fit and proper persons test, this works differently where the club is run by a joint board elected from a membership of a fans trust, as it is funded differently. I'm sure there is still a test of some kind for board members, fans of membership run clubs could advise on specifics. RO may also be able to advise.

RO currently have the monopoly on a fans trust for Oldham as there is currently only allowed to be one trust per area/club as I understand it. However if RO amended their constitution to formally include the aim of running the town's professional club through a membership trust ... then they can be a vehicle by which such a trust could purchase the club and the RFL membership. Or, if the current club should fold, RO could be the vehicke by which a fans trust applies to the RFL for  NEW nembership for a NEW ORLFC club.

I think that's right. I'm not sure if RO would comment on it. I don't know the current state of their relationship with the club. Although, if I'm wrong I'm sure they would point that out.

But we both know that the RFL are not going to issue another membership to anyone in oldham.  As far as they're concerned they have no reason to revoke the current membership because the club has not breached any rules. There is an option if anyone wants to hear it. But it involves cooperating with the current regime!?

18 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

But we both know that the RFL are not going to issue another membership to anyone in oldham.  As far as they're concerned they have no reason to revoke the current membership because the club has not breached any rules. There is an option if anyone wants to hear it. But it involves cooperating with the current regime!?

Which we and RO tried to do 2 1/2 years ago. He's not interested in it, despite what he says. Lots of people have tried over the years. How have all those efforts worked out?

You either put the club out of business and hope a new trust run club receives RFL support. Or you buy him out but ge will want more than the club and his membership is worth. So fans have a choice. Carry on with the current regime and stop moaning. Or, organise, raise funds and buy him out. Or, organise and stop buying tickets, merchandise and lottery starve him of funds until he either has to share the club or go bust.

4 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

AGM'S are only for shareholders. So basically it would involve CH chairing a meeting with himself. There is no point discussing fan involvement or any other ways of progression unless you have money to buy out CH. Now something is only worth what two parties are willing to sell and buy for. So unless you can match CH 'S asking price then it's a none starter.

I'm involved with scouting and we have an AGM every year.

We've all been here before, wishing for Hamilton to just give it up and go, it's his 20th year so he won't go this year.

My dream is that the fella sees sense and decides to have some legacy by handing over the club to the supporters \ RO but that's just a dream,   ORLFC is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it which is very little so I hope he isn't waiting for a big pay day, I guess the salary he pays himself for running the club makes it just about worth his while.

As HOTB says the only way to get him out is to starve him of funds but that won't happen........ I expect it's business as usual in 2018,  hope we can still stay at Bower Fold if there's nothing better in Oldham.

Can't see us playing at bower fold next season to be honest. I reckon we will be lucky to pull in 400 fans next year. It's only a matter of time that the die hards say enough if enough. Can't really blame them if they do that. People can only take so much nonsense. Come on Chris do the decent thing and sell the club to the fans. Something needs to be done and fast!

Thought there was signs two years ago that he would sell, but he decided to stop the dialogue with the fans and ro. I spat my dummy out but I missed the fans and the players so I came back. I was again in the fold 

But something really needs to change and it has to start at the top 

Has CH ever been asked what he wants for the club and what are the debts owed by the club?

Once this figure is known then we and possible investors will know what needs to be raised to get rid of him. If he just walks away how can the club function because like our team there isn't a plan B!

Sadly, administration seems to be the only choice and then will Red Hall allow us into league 1,

I keep seeing the list Scarborough Pirates, Bramley, Mansfield Marksmen, Kent Invicta, Chorley, Runcorn and Blackpool. The RFL didn't give a damn about them so why should they bother about us. They are to interested in New York and Dublin and their fat wages.

2 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Has CH ever been asked what he wants for the club and what are the debts owed by the club?

Once this figure is known then we and possible investors will know what needs to be raised to get rid of him. If he just walks away how can the club function because like our team there isn't a plan B!

Sadly, administration seems to be the only choice and then will Red Hall allow us into league 1,

I keep seeing the list Scarborough Pirates, Bramley, Mansfield Marksmen, Kent Invicta, Chorley, Runcorn and Blackpool. The RFL didn't give a damn about them so why should they bother about us. They are to interested in New York and Dublin and their fat wages.

We know the debts. Check the latest accounts on companies house website. Most of it will be loans owed to CH himself, plus some tax stuff and a bit of stuff owed to creditors. It should show liabilities. I suspect the amount will terrify you. He won't tell how much he wants for it until you make statements of intent.

5 minutes ago, OLD YED said:

So not only is he unpopular, hes also delusional .

I don't think wanting to get back money you are owed is delusional.  (expecting the money back might be).

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

I keep seeing the list Scarborough Pirates, Bramley, Mansfield Marksmen, Kent Invicta, Chorley, Runcorn and Blackpool. The RFL didn't give a damn about them so why should they bother about us. 

How many of those clubs made a serious effort to get back into the league after they went bust?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

There are more prospective owners on here than supporters come Sunday!  

I wouldn't say that I'm CH's biggest fan but people need to be very careful what they wish for. I for one am extremely grateful to him for putting a team on the field every Sunday despite  the leagues lowest budget and for us being competitive (mostly) in a league that's heavily stacked against clubs like ours by the RFL. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love a new investor as much as the next man. Someone who was prepared to send big and return our club to its rightful place amongst the super league elite but we don't have one. In the meantime I think CH is well within his rights as the owner to consider any approach on its merit and clearly he doesn't think the conversations he's had to date have had any substance behind them. 

Sapere Aude doesn't that tell you something. There are more rugby fans in Oldham who stay away, than those that turn up. And the primary reason all these fans stay away is?

You have to face the hard truth...

Oldham fans moan and moan and moan and live in the past, but won't actually do anything about it ...and will attack anyone who tries. Scaremongering  - 'careful what you wish for' - 'Don't go out in the boat Truman'.

Many of you don't want change unless it's on your terms. Others want to go back in time and pretend its the 70s forever. You want someone to turn up and give CH a few million quid and make him listen to your opinions. ###### cloud cuckoo land.

Well guess what, no-ones coming and you and CH are in no position to make demands or be overpicky. If you don't do it, no one else will. So either organise yourselves and take action or shut up whinging forever.

Right now, you have the club you deserve.

1 hour ago, Sapere aude said:

There are more prospective owners on here than supporters come Sunday!  

Sapere Aude doesn't that tell you something. There are more rugby fans in Oldham who stay away, than those that turn up. And the primary reason all these fans stay away is?

You have to face the hard truth...

Oldham fans moan and moan and moan and live in the past, but won't actually do anything about it ...and will attack anyone who tries. Scaremongering  - 'careful what you wish for' - 'Don't go out in the boat Truman'.

Many of you don't want change unless it's on your terms. Others want to go back in time and pretend its the 70s forever. You want someone to turn up and give CH a few million quid and make him listen to your opinions. ###### cloud cuckoo land.

Well guess what, no-ones coming and you and CH are in no position to make demands or be overpicky. If you don't do it, no one else will. So either organise yourselves and take action or shut up whinging forever.

Right now, you have the club you deserve

I disagree, CH is in every position to make demands.

Let's assume there is no money man and we go down a supporters club route which I think you are suggesting? What is it that you and RO think you could be doing differently? (Genuine question) I don't subscribe to this view that if you dethrone CH then roughed supporters will come out of the woodwork in their droves- it won't happen. So I'm interested to know, what it is you are offering if not money?

Also, Ive asked the question previously but what do RO do? There is no website

Archived